Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Montel Williams Loses His Cool

Started by TmT,

Previous topic - Next topic

TmT

Montel Williams blows up at reporters, apologizes

SAVANNAH, Georgia (AP) -- Talk show host Montel Williams has apologized for an angry confrontation with reporters who said he threatened them.

Montel Williams has issued a statement saying he's sorry for his "overreaction."

Williams -- in Savannah to promote a program giving free prescriptions to low-income people -- became upset with a reporter's question Friday and terminated an interview.

When the Savannah Morning-News reporters later returned to the hotel for an unrelated assignment, he approached one of them -- high school student Courtney Scott, an intern at the newspaper.

"As we were preparing to film, Montel walked up with his bodyguard and got in Courtney Scott's face pointing his finger telling her 'Don't look at me like that. Do you know who I am? I'm a big star, and I can look you up, find where you live and blow you up,"' said Joseph Cosey, a web content producer for the newspaper.

"At this time he was randomly pointing at all of us."

Scott said she wasn't sure how to interpret Williams' comment.

"I'm not sure if he meant 'blow me up' and ruin my career or really blow us up, but it was threatening," Scott said.

Williams, a patient advocate since being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, later issued a statement apologizing for the outburst.

"I mistakenly thought the reporter and photographer in question were at the hotel to confront me about some earlier comments," Williams said. "I was wrong, and I apologize for my overreaction."

The earlier interview ended after Scott asked Williams: "Do you think pharmaceutical companies would be discouraged from research and development if their profits were restricted?"

According to the reporters, Williams reacted angrily, saying:

"I'm trying to figure out exactly why you are here and what the interview is about. I'm here as a patient advocate talking about the fact that medications available today are saving people's lives, that's what's saving mine and after that, this interview is done."

swamp

Quote from: TmT on December 02, 2007, 04:49:53 AM
Montel Williams blows up at reporters, apologizes

SAVANNAH, Georgia (AP) -- Talk show host Montel Williams has apologized for an angry confrontation with reporters who said he threatened them.

Montel Williams has issued a statement saying he's sorry for his "overreaction."

Williams -- in Savannah to promote a program giving free prescriptions to low-income people -- became upset with a reporter's question Friday and terminated an interview.

When the Savannah Morning-News reporters later returned to the hotel for an unrelated assignment, he approached one of them -- high school student Courtney Scott, an intern at the newspaper.

"As we were preparing to film, Montel walked up with his bodyguard and got in Courtney Scott's face pointing his finger telling her 'Don't look at me like that. Do you know who I am? I'm a big star, and I can look you up, find where you live and blow you up,"' said Joseph Cosey, a web content producer for the newspaper.

"At this time he was randomly pointing at all of us."

Scott said she wasn't sure how to interpret Williams' comment.

"I'm not sure if he meant 'blow me up' and ruin my career or really blow us up, but it was threatening," Scott said.

Williams, a patient advocate since being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, later issued a statement apologizing for the outburst.

"I mistakenly thought the reporter and photographer in question were at the hotel to confront me about some earlier comments," Williams said. "I was wrong, and I apologize for my overreaction."

The earlier interview ended after Scott asked Williams: "Do you think pharmaceutical companies would be discouraged from research and development if their profits were restricted?"

According to the reporters, Williams reacted angrily, saying:

"I'm trying to figure out exactly why you are here and what the interview is about. I'm here as a patient advocate talking about the fact that medications available today are saving people's lives, that's what's saving mine and after that, this interview is done."

see what happens when he dont have his  mourning joint  :)) he must be staying in  a pot free hotel  :)) :)) civilwar.gif winter20.gif civilwar.gif

harley89

You would think that his best friend Sylvia Browne would have warned him. What good is a friend with ESP if you still do stupid stuff

TmT

Quote from: harleyrider on December 02, 2007, 09:29:51 AM
You would think that his best friend Sylvia Browne would have warned him. What good is a friend with ESP if you still do stupid stuff
lmao @Harley... omfg..u know that's so true........and so freakin funny... omfg... I love it!!!

PogoHatesKristy

Quote from: harleyrider on December 02, 2007, 09:29:51 AM
:)) LMAO that is toooo dang funny!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview