Tara

1 c. butter or shortening
2 (3 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese
1 c. granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 egg yolks
2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt

Add nuts, if desired. Drop by teaspoons on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes

rank king

This sounds like a recipe built for my wife and myself...We love the cream cheese.  A couple of questions though.  Salted or Unsalted butter?  What type of flour?  Do you use All-Purpose or Self-Rising?  Do you need to cream the butter and sugar before adding the other ingredients?

Thank you for the help.

Tara

Quote from: rank king on December 10, 2007, 08:42:32 AM
This sounds like a recipe built for my wife and myself...We love the cream cheese.  A couple of questions though.  Salted or Unsalted butter?  What type of flour?  Do you use All-Purpose or Self-Rising?  Do you need to cream the butter and sugar before adding the other ingredients?

Thank you for the help.

Being the great cook that I am, I can answer this... :)))    I have never used unsalted butter because it doesn't have preservatives and doesn't last long. Use all purpose flour and combine butter and cream cheese before adding sugar.

:,  You can bet everyone here didn't know I could answer that.  :))

Mr. Rasputia

i guess in the 3rd world your considered a great cook, and i know i've never met a dish i didn't like  cook.gif

Tara

Quote from: L0c0 on December 10, 2007, 11:18:59 AM
i guess in the 3rd world your considered a great cook, and i know i've never met a dish i didn't like  cook.gif

Do I need to ask what I'm considered in the first world?

Stinkerbell

These sound amazing!  Can't wait to try them.  I bet they should be stored in the fridge, right?

Tara

Quote from: ABraveLady on December 10, 2007, 12:31:06 PM
These sound amazing!  Can't wait to try them.  I bet they should be stored in the fridge, right?

If you invite Loco over you don't have to worry about it.  :)))

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Tara on December 07, 2007, 10:56:29 AM
1 c. granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 egg yolks
2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt

Add nuts, if desired. Drop by teaspoons on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes

We have all the stuff to make these, but I'm wondering, does the cream cheese and butter need to be at room temp?  Do you mix all the wet ingredients then add the dry?
Thanks

Tara

Quote from: Ho! Ho! Ho! on December 19, 2007, 03:12:08 PM
Quote from: Tara on December 07, 2007, 10:56:29 AM
1 c. granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 egg yolks
2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt

We have all the stuff to make these, but I'm wondering, does the cream cheese and butter need to be at room temp?  Do you mix all the wet ingredients then add the dry?
Thanks

Heads you do and tails you don't.  :)))

Stinkerbell

Those are very good!  Not too sweet and definitely different.  Thanks for posting!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview