Previous topic - Next topic

TmT

Ćhrîsţmàŝ  Čàńďÿ

(Very easy and quick to make)

Peanut Brittle

1 1/2 C. sugar

1 1/2 C. corn syrup

1/2 C. hot water

Add sugar, corn syrup and water to a large saucepan. Cook until it threads, about 230°F.

Add:

1 1/2 C. raw peanuts

Cook just to under 300°F. Add 1 1/2 t. baking soda. Mixture will foam and turn color. Stir about 1 minute.

Have ready a piece of buttered foil on a cookie sheet. (or a marble slab-buttered) Pour out quickly being very careful not to touch the candy mixture.

It is very hot. I like it thin so I use 2 buttered forks and pull the peanut brittle from the edges to thin it some.

Stinkerbell

This sounds so yummy and so good.  Sometimes the most basic things are the best!

Darling SilverDodger

Easy Chocolate Fudge

A recipe for easy chocolate fudge with pecans and sweetened condensed milk.

INGREDIENTS:

1/4 cup butter
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, 12 ounces
1 can sweetened condensed milk, 14 oz
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch salt
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup raisins, chopped

PREPARATION:

Lightly grease an 8-inch square pan.  In the top of a double boiler over simmering water, melt the butter and chocolate chips, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in the condensed milk, vanilla, and salt, stirring until smooth.   Blend in chopped pecans and raisins. Scrape into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Chill fudge for 1 hour, or until firm. Cut into squares

:<< :<< :<<
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, rum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "Holy crap what a ride!"

TmT

Quote from: Darling SilverDodger on December 16, 2007, 04:05:36 PM
Easy Chocolate Fudge

A recipe for easy chocolate fudge with pecans and sweetened condensed milk.

INGREDIENTS:

1/4 cup butter
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, 12 ounces
1 can sweetened condensed milk, 14 oz
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch salt
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup raisins, chopped

PREPARATION:

Lightly grease an 8-inch square pan.  In the top of a double boiler over simmering water, melt the butter and chocolate chips, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in the condensed milk, vanilla, and salt, stirring until smooth.   Blend in chopped pecans and raisins. Scrape into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Chill fudge for 1 hour, or until firm. Cut into squares

:<< :<< :<<
Hey, are you gonna make me some and send... Christmas is right around the corner... u better get busy!!
lol <recipe> sounds yum yum..  except I dont want the raisins

TmT

:<< Where are the lil helpers when you need them :<< Oh gawd... up to my elbow makin cookies and candy... Oh so good... so very good!!

Stinkerbell

Quote from: TmT on December 21, 2007, 05:36:55 AM
:<< Where are the lil helpers when you need them :<< Oh gawd... up to my elbow makin cookies and candy... Oh so good... so very good!!

I wondered where you been hidin, lady!  Now I know you're making me some candy!!   :D

TmT

Quote from: Ho! Ho! Ho! on December 21, 2007, 08:50:40 AM

I wondered where you been hidin, lady!  Now I know you're making me some candy!!   :D
lol... yes that's it..

CindyLouWho

Wow I know what you mean!  I got 6 different kinds of cookie dough made up & in the fridge ready to bake tomorrow & will also make up couple batches of chocolate & pb fudge tomorrow.  I'm all cookie'd out & haven't even started baking em yet   :)))

Now let me tell ya bout my little helper I had here this eve   :))  my 10 yr old grandson was helping me make up a batch of cookie dough..well he accidently flipped the bowl I had flour in, needless to say flour went all over him, the kitchen table, all over the floor & anything else that was near.  Talk about a mess!  I almost cried cause I was laughing so hard.  He was pitiful at 1st cause he thought I was gonna be mad at him but he was trying so hard to help I couldn't be mad at him..what a great funny memory we will always have     :))  housewife1.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview