Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

cheesecake

Started by apple,

Previous topic - Next topic

apple

i need a good cheesecake recipe i live in uk

Stinkerbell

I wish I could help ya out.  I don't have one and it's a good thing too.  Cheese Cake is one of my all time favs and I'd be makin it everyday!  My fingers ( and the rest of me ) would be so fat I wouldn't be able to type.)    bbq26.gif

apple

CindyLouWho

there are so many kinds of cheesecake & ways to make it.  You want the regular good Philly cheesecake ?  you can go to the Kraft web site & they have it plus lots of other ways to make cheesecake.  Hope this helps.  Good luck!
http://kraftfoods.com/philly/cheesecake

apple

thnks for that but wont let me go into a recipe

Stinkerbell

and also, if I can get a tried and true recipe from someone I know, I prefer that.  I love the recipes posted here.

apple

Darling SilverDodger

Strawberry cheesecake in 4 easy steps No cook

Ingredients

250g digestive biscuits
100g butter , melted
1 vanilla pod
600g soft cheese
100g icing sugar
284ml pot double cream
FOR THE TOPPING
400g punnet strawberries , halved
25g icing sugar

Make the base: Butter and line a 23cm loose-bottomed tin with baking parchment. Put the biscuits in a plastic food bag and crush to crumbs using a rolling pin. Transfer the crumbs to a bowl, then pour over the melted butter. Mix thoroughly until the crumbs are completely coated. Tip them into the prepared tin and press firmly down into the base to create an even layer. Chill in the fridge for 1 hr to set firmly.
Remove the vanilla seeds: Slice the vanilla pod in half lengthways, leaving the tip intact, so that the two halves are still joined. Holding onto the tip of the pod, scrape out the seeds using the back of a kitchen knife.
Make the filling: Place the soft cheese, icing sugar and vanilla seeds in a bowl, then beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Tip in the cream and continue beating until the mixture is completely combined. Now spoon the cream mixture onto the biscuit base, working from the edges inwards and making sure that there are no air bubbles. Smooth the top of the cheesecake down with the back of a dessert spoon or spatula. Leave to set in the fridge overnight.
Un-moulding and topping: Bring the cheesecake to room temperature, about 30 mins before serving. To un-mould, place the base on top of a can, then gradually pull the sides of the tin down. Slip the cake onto a serving plate, removing the lining paper and base. Purée half the strawberries in a blender or food processor with 25g icing sugar and 1 tsp water, then sieve. Pile the remaining strawberries onto the cake, then pour over purée.

Baileys cheesecake

Ingredients

11g pack powdered gelatine , plus 1 tsp
175g shortcake biscuits , crushed to crumbs
85g butter , melted
250g tub Quark
250g tub mascarpone
150ml Baileys cream liqueur
142ml pot double cream , lightly whipped
2 eggs
140g caster sugar

Measure 5 tbsp cold water in a small bowl, then sprinkle over the gelatine and leave to soak for 5 mins until spongy. Now stand the bowl of gelatine in a pan of gently simmering water and leave until it turns clear.
Meanwhile, mix the biscuit crumbs and butter really well, then press on the base of a loose-bottomed 20cm cake tin. Chill.
Beat the quark, mascarpone and Baileys together, then stir in the gelatine and fold in the cream.
Whisk the eggs and sugar in a bowl until thick, pale and foamy, then fold into the cheesecake mixture and pour onto the biscuit base. Chill for 3-4 hrs or until set.
For the jelly, sprinkle the gelatine over the coffee, then put the bowl in a pan of gently simmering water until dissolved. Cool the mixture. When cold, carefully spoon the coffee mixture on top of the cheesecake to make a thin layer - don't pour it on or you will disturb the creamy layer. Chill until set. Will keep in the fridge for 2 days.
To serve the cheesecake, wrap a hot tea towel round the outside of the tin, then gently ease out the cake. Serve in thin slices.

Know-how - Gelatine
Many cooks avoid using gelatine, but it's easy when you know how. I tend not to sprinkle powdered gelatine into hot water as it can go lumpy. The trick is to add it to cold liquid, leave it to soak until spongy and then stand the bowl in a frying pan of simmering water until the gelatine becomes clear.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, rum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "Holy crap what a ride!"

CindyLouWho

Sorry took me so long, but here's the original Philly cheesecake recipe from their website if you want it....

PHILADELPHIA® Classic Cheesecake

1-1/2 cups HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs
3 Tbsp.  sugar
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
4 pkg.  (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp.  vanilla
4 eggs

PREHEAT oven to 325°F if using a silver 9-inch springform pan (or to 300°F if using a dark nonstick springform pan). Mix crumbs, 3 Tbsp. sugar and butter; press firmly onto bottom of pan.

BEAT cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.

BAKE 55 minutes or until center is almost set. Loosen cake from side of pan; cool before removing side of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.

Prep Time:20 min
Total Time:5 hr 15 min
Makes:16 servings

apple

CindyLouWho

Oh it is good but been a while since I've made this 1

CindyLouWho

Thats wierd.  I just went there to check & went right to the site.  I'm not registered. Maybe try going to just  http://kraftfoods.com/Philly & see if that works.

CindyLouWho

wow try typing in kraft or kraftfoods in your browser, see if that will take you to the main site.  theres lots of good recipes there besides just cheesecakes.

sherilynn

:D well the link works great for me..... not so sure if the scale will think so though  <:>

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview