Main Menu

Uh Oh

Started by Stupiddave99,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupiddave99

I didnt know they could detect it.
Got this from Pogo Help

" Question
  Can you win the Jackpot if you use automouse or a 'cheat program'?

Answer
  You may have seen claims by fellow players that they've won the jackpot while using the 'cheat programs.' Not only is this clearly contrary to our Terms of Service and Prize Rules, it's simply not true.

These claims are part of the advertising campaign this group is using to sell their programs. Its a ploy being used to convince Pogo players that it is OK to purchase and use their programs, which is not the case.

We do checks on jackpot and prize winners for various indicators of someone using cheat programs. If we determine that any prize winner has used a cheat program at any time, we disqualify them and cancel their account. The prize is then returned to the general prize fund to be awarded at a later date. Also, we can and will disqualify any prize winner who we determine has used a cheat program before, even if it wasn't used at the time that the prize was won.

Pogo and Pogo's prizes are for honest players who abide by our Terms of Service and Prize Rules, not for people who cheat and break the rules. We're committed to ensuring that all of Pogo's prizes are awarded to honest players and participants. "

Super Duckie

as, i believe it was Homer who said it many of times, the only way they can detect that you used a cheat program is to hack into your computer, which is impossible with Java

Homer

Yup, another pogo scare tactic. I believe we have even had a few members recently say they won money while on auto.

They probably make there determination by checking logs to see how many games and tokens you racked up in a certain period of time. That's also why I don't recommend running the autos on the highest speed setting.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

DEBKARLAR

I'm wonder how long they keep the logs i can imagine the logs would be quite huge considering the amount of user and games played, Pogo does clean up of some sorts every Wednesday morning

Homer

I don't know for sure but maybe monthly?  ???

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Super Duckie

i'll have to turn my non into a club account and try it from there then i guess, I'll go try now

bob@pogopal

The logs probably get archived to tape, which is essentially a limitless medium.

gettysrevenge

8)  its a conspiracy ,  a secret service plot lol  really  if we didn't play they wouldn't have a JOB and whoever posted the so called threat needs a life and any member who is a rat should have to go to therapy and pay the highest rate possible and the therapist should have no brains and ya gotta go forever lmao  (_!_) gettysrevenge signature  For those that show and tell I give you the moon for the scare tactic  I say stay out of our group  and double moon to U  Have a beer and relax we pay your wages

Super Duckie

gettysrevenge

Quote from: Ducky on June 14, 2004, 10:49:01 AM
very well said
thank you Ducky I thought it was well put I will be probably be banned but I stand up for freedom and if I am ever banned Im gonna (_!_) and say you cant keep a good women down I will play or be danged  I had a beer and felt better  I say cheers and i like your posts and comments one of my regulars  if i dont confuse you too haha  well done well said and thanks so much u get a  ;D grom gettysrevenge

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview