This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

NFL

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe C

I am the only person that got the Bears-Favre game correct in the Pogo Pick'em. This let me win by ONE point. tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

bobby

Quote from: Joe C - Shoveling Fool on December 28, 2009, 09:52:38 PM
I am the only person that got the Bears-Favre game correct in the Pogo Pick'em. This let me win by ONE point. tumbsup.gif
bears? you mean chipmunks

Joe C

Quote from: bobby on December 28, 2009, 10:25:05 PM
bears? you mean chipmunks
Whatever it takes to beat Favre Favre and the Favre Favre Favres! tumbsup.gif

Hocky

Here is what burns my biscuits:  The Colts and Vikings who already made the playoffs GAVE their games away to their less deserving opponents.  This in turn gave me major confidence points losses!  swear2.gif swear2.gif swear2.gif swear2.gif

Homer

Quote from: Hocky New Year on December 29, 2009, 06:59:08 AM
Here is what burns my biscuits:  The Colts and Vikings who already made the playoffs GAVE their games away to their less deserving opponents.  This in turn gave me major confidence points losses!  swear2.gif swear2.gif swear2.gif swear2.gif

Want me to put butter on your burned biscuits?  huh.gif

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Joe C

These things are part of the equation. I got burned by the Colts, too. The reason I picked the Bears is that Brett Favre plays poorly in the cold. tumbsup.gif

simplyaok

Hey Hockey..

I am sorry if you bet on this past weekends games and lost.  Once a team clinches a playoff spot it really is in the best interest of the team to remain healthy for the playoffs, record or not.  That is just the way it is.

alyaks

Here is what burns my biscuits:  The Colts and Vikings who already made the playoffs GAVE their games away to their less deserving opponents.  This in turn gave me major confidence points losses!  swear2.gif swear2.gif swear2.gif swear2.gif
Me too Hocky. Although I really figured the Colts would be so far ahead by the time they took Manning out that they would still win. As far as the Vikings, they just self destructed like they have been doing the last 3 or 4 weeks. I would be really surprised to see them in the Super Bowl, although everyone may be  slap1.gif Peterson around now that they know he needs to get mad to run  hysterical.gif

KILLTHEKILLERS

Anything on what the panthers are going to do as far as quarterback?

bobby

Quote from: KILLTHEKILLERS on December 29, 2009, 09:43:48 PM
Anything on what the panthers are going to do as far as quarterback?
they got one? giggle2.gif

Hocky

Yeah Yeah Yeah....my hubby tried to tell me that crap after I already made my picks and it was too late to change anything.  I said "Why didn't you tell me before I made my picks?"

I understand that they pull their starters to keep them injury free for the playoff games....but why start them in the first place if last week and next week's games don't matter anyway. If they already clinched their spot....why risk injury in the first half of the game, if they are worried so much about it and pull them out in the last half.  They can have a career ending injury anytime they step out on the field.

swear2.gif swear2.gif swear2.gif swear2.gif

Homer

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/assets/eagles_intro_week16.swf

Gee another WR is crying in Dallas that the QB doesn't like him. Now WR Roy Williams is crying because he has only two catches in the last 2 games. I bet Jerry Jones feels stupid giving all those draft picks and 45 million over the next 5 years to this guy. Miles Austin has twice the number of catches, yards and TD's and Jones will have to pay this guy a boatload of money soon also. Austin is a RFA but they will have to tender him a good contract or another team will swoop in and take him from Dallas.

On another note...Jason Witten sure looks like he is packing on the pounds these days.

Joe C

For a  minute, I thought Homer was saying that Witten pounds his pud. beer11.gif

Hocky

Quote from: Joe C on December 31, 2009, 04:23:51 PM
For a  minute, I thought Homer was saying that Witten pounds his pud. beer11.gif

giggle2.gif giggle2.gif giggle2.gif

Joe C

From ESPN

HOUSTON -- Initial tests show that New England Patriots receiver Wes Welker tore both his anterior cruciate ligament and medial collateral ligament in his left knee in Sunday's game against the Houston Texans, but he is scheduled to undergo more testing Monday, a source close to the situation told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Welker left the game in the first quarter after getting hurt on a reception and did not return. Welker tried to plant his left foot after making a catch and that's when the injury occurred.

Wes Welker is carted into the locker room after hurting his left knee.
Welker was helped to the sideline by members of the Patriots' medical staff. He buried his head in a towel while sitting on the bench and was later carted to the locker room.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick did not have an update on Welker's status after his team's 34-27 loss.

Cornerback Shawn Springs said the likely loss of Welker hurts.

"It's no secret around the whole NFL how important Wes is to us," Springs said. "My prayers are with him, because I know Wes is one of those guys who wants to be out there all the time. We are going to miss him."

Welker caught a pass from Tom Brady on New England's first possession and his knee appeared to buckle as he turned upfield.

When Welker went down, a nearby player immediately called for medical help. Brady and receiver Randy Moss kneeled over Welker, and Belichick also walked out from the sideline to check on Welker.

Welker entered the game with 122 catches for 1,336 yards and four touchdowns this season.

"We've been going through that all year -- people up, people down," linebacker Adalius Thomas said of the playoff-bound Patriots. "Will we miss [Welker]? Yes we will. But the guys behind him have to step up and make plays."

Information from ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss and The Associated Press was used in this report.

crying10.gif crying10.gif crying10.gif crying10.gif crying10.gif crying10.gif

It was horrifying to watch the injury. Welker hurt his leg making a move.
6_6.gif

Homer

jrzydvl

homer that was good.

was that you doing spitting.

as a giant fan and philly hater but i hate dallas worse  you better kick dallases  ass.gif saturday night

Homer

Quote from: jrzydvl on January 07, 2010, 06:20:05 AM
homer that was good.

was that you doing spitting.

as a giant fan and philly hater but i hate dallas worse  you better kick dallases  ass.gif saturday night

whistle.gif

To quote DeSean Jackson "We Gonna Sting They Ass"  hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

bobby

Quote from: Homer on January 07, 2010, 07:20:23 AM
whistle.gif

To quote DeSean Jackson "We Gonna Sting They Ass"  hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif
jets,ravens,cowboys,packers

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview