2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs, separated
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 cups milk
nonstick cooking spray

Preheat the waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions.

In 1 medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a second bowl use the wooden spoon to beat together the egg yolks and sugar until sugar is completely dissolved and eggs have turned a pale yellow. Add the vanilla extract, melted butter, and milk to the eggs and whisk to combine. Combine the egg-milk mixture with the flour mixture and whisk just until blended. Do not over mix. In third bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, about 1 minute. Using the rubber spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the waffle batter. Do not overmix! Coat the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray and pour enough batter in iron to just cover waffle grid. Close and cook as per manufacturer's instructions until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.

Easy Belgian Waffles 

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup cooking oil

Preheat the waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions.

In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of dry mixture; set aside. In another mixing bowl, beat whole eggs slightly. Beat in milk and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to dry mixture. Stir just till moistened (batter should be lumpy). Pour about 1 cup of the batter (or enough batter to fill pockets in iron) into hot waffle iron, immediately lower waffle iron lid, and cook until waffles are golden brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove waffle from iron and separate waffles if necessary.

Mariepaule's Belgian Waffles 

1 3/4 cups self rising flour, preferably Aunt Jemima brand
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups water
4 eggs, separated
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
16 teaspoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
4 cups whipped cream
2 pints ripe, in-season strawberries, hullled and halved
Confectioner's sugar

Heat an electric Belgian waffle maker iron until very hot.

Meanwhile, combine flour and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add 1 1/4 cups water, egg yolks and vanilla, and whisk until smooth. Whisk in melted butter. Beat egg whites in a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until frothy, 1-2 minutes, then increase speed to high and beat until stiff peaks form, about 1 minute. Gently but thoroughly fold half the egg whites at a time into the batter.

Pour about 1 cup of the batter (or enough batter to fill pockets in iron) into hot waffle iron, immediately lower waffle iron lid, and cook until waffles are golden brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove waffle from iron and separate waffles if necessary. Repeat process.

To serve, put each hot waffle on a plate, top with a pile of whipped cream and strawberries, and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.

CindyLouWho

I love Belgian waffles but never made em .  Maybe I should get a waffle maker & try these, lol.   Thanks for the recipes!  tumbsup.gif

~Sassy~

The one I use the most is the middle one. They are so good! We have a Waring Pro and I make the waffle mix ahead of time, put them in a container and put them in the refrigerator, so my honey or I can have a nice breakfast. No preservatives and it takes 10 minutes start to finish. You are so welcome, enjoy. 

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

showstopper247

:pp omg that is so good homer! and belgium waffles are so good to, i had a real belgium person make them and my knees started to shake, and then i just fell over! thanks for the recipe!!!!  :/\

flowers

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview