This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

WATERBURY, Vt. -- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals sent a letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, cofounders of Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., urging them to replace cow's milk they use in their ice cream products with human breast milk, according to a statement recently released by a PETA spokeswoman.

"PETA's request comes in the wake of news reports that a Swiss restaurant owner will begin purchasing breast milk from nursing mothers and substituting breast milk for 75 percent of the cow's milk in the food he serves," the statement says.

PETA officials say a move to human breast milk would lessen the suffering of dairy cows and their babies on factory farms and benefit human health.

"We applaud PETA's novel approach to bringing attention to an issue, but we believe a mother's milk is best used for her child," said a spokesperson for Ben and Jerry's.

::)
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Runner

ROFLMAO = has anyone actually listened to the PETA president give an interview on tv?? She is whacked out!!

Anyways I have  a PETA sticker on  one of my trucks. 

People

Eating

Tasty

Animals

On the side.. And yes I am a lifelong cattle rancher...

There would not be a single cow in North America if it was not for their resources.

So if everybody stops eating beef, stops drinking milk, stops buying leather anything, we would have to kill all the cows and bury them...

(I am not feeding them for free)

Ohh and here is an article about how freaked out these people are....  Save the cows, murder the humans...

http://pubs.acs.org/cen/news/86/i32/8632notw4.html

Tara

PETA ought to be ashamed for even suggesting taking human milk from nursing mothers. What are the nursing mothers suppose to feed their babies with?  That's like saying..starve your children to save the animals.

Runner

Quote from: Tara on September 24, 2008, 07:55:59 PM
PETA ought to be ashamed for even suggesting taking human milk from nursing mothers. What are the nursing mothers suppose to feed their babies with?  That's like saying..starve your children to save the animals.

He he , i modified before you posted !!

sowwy

Stinkerbell

They will have lactation farms to replace the dairy farms and they will line the women up in those stalls and hook em up to those doodads just like they do cows.  Problem solved.   :^* 

IndianLover

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview