Main Menu

Paul Newman died Friday

Started by who me?,

Previous topic - Next topic

who me?

Actor Paul Newman Dead At 83
Screen Legend Battled Cancer

POSTED: 9:56 am EDT September 27, 2008

NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- A spokeswoman for screen legend Paul Newman said the actor has died at age 83.

Slideshow: Paul Newman 

Spokeswoman Marni Tomljanovic said Newman died Friday of cancer. No other details were immediately available.

Newman was nominated for Academy Awards 10 times, winning a regular Oscar in 1987 for "The Color of Money" and two honorary ones. He was equally at home in comedies such as "The Sting" and dramas such as "Hud."

He sometimes teamed with his wife, Joanne Woodward, also an Oscar winner for the 1957 film "Three Faces of Eve."
6_6.gif

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

harley89

Stinkerbell

Oh, how sad....  I just saw a replay of Robert Redford on the biography show and he was saying what great friends he and Paul Newman were and the jokes they played on each other.  He was one of Hollywoods greats and even though I havent' seen him in much recently, I'm going to really, really miss him.      6_6.gif

jarjar

6_6.gif Wonderful Hansome and very Talented Man. May he rest in peace. 6_6.gif

showstopper247

i loved his acting! he is deff, the best!!!!        :!!

arniebear

My Great Aunt died on the same day as Mr. Newman.  She was a Nurse for over fifty years and had met and talked Paul Newman several times because of his charity.  At her memorial service a good friend of hers said she hoped that the both of them met up and were having lunch somewhere together.  It was a comforting thought, she really thought he was a good and kind person.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview