This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

OJ Found Guilty On All Counts

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

OJ Simpson GUILTY on all counts at his armed robbery-kidnapping trial in Las Vegas.

Last I had heard yesterday was that it would likely be a hung jury... thank heavens it wasn't.

les

IndianLover

Quote from: les on October 04, 2008, 06:09:26 AM
:D :D :D :!! bye bye OJ meet your new gf bubba

Exactly but he should have been found guilty for other stuff a longggg time ago.. so hopes he get more than one girlfriend bubba

xgingerx

:D :Dgood job jury....what goes around,comes around.... :^*

Squid

I suppose I am happy with this verdict, not because I know so much about this case, including his guilt or innocence, but because I believe he is guilty of those heinous crimes from 14 years ago.  I watched that murder case unfold on television and was astounded by the verdict.  I was somewhat calmed by the results of the civil trial which brought about the justice the criminal court failed to do.  He was found guilty of murder.

For the Vegas crime, he could get life.  I hope he does.

Stinkerbell

I agree.... but I am hoping that they can't say the jury was just finding him guilty of the previous murder charges... getting even and all that.... that would add weight and validity to any appeal he might file.

His whole attitude sucks.  I hope he never gets out and I hope his "dance" card is always filled.   :ll

Tara

Quote from: Stinkerbell on October 04, 2008, 11:28:08 AM
I agree.... but I am hoping that they can't say the jury was just finding him guilty of the previous murder charges... getting even and all that.... that would add weight and validity to any appeal he might file.

I'm sure they will use that reason, and they have a right to use it. I mean even this little thread just wanted him to be found guilty for what he was accused for in the past. Why would anyone think the jury would think differently?  :-\

Chata *#$% up

++  :%#  :{:  :!$ police.gif prisoner.gif  :o0 halloween27.gif LMAO

Squid

You forgot to insert --->   :o0   between the jail cell and the grim reaper.

:))

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Tara on October 04, 2008, 12:08:43 PM
I'm sure they will use that reason, and they have a right to use it. I mean even this little thread just wanted him to be found guilty for what he was accused for in the past. Why would anyone think the jury would think differently?  :-\

You're absolutely right, Tara.  I listened to coverage of the jury selection and there were several people who were dismissed because they admitted to being unable to seperate the old OJ trial with this. 
I don't know if he did it or not, killed the exwife, and this trial should have been a stand alone.  BUT, and I'm sure people will find fault with this, I would have been able to be much more forgiving and much less suspicious had his behavior been better over the past several years, instead he was arrogant, deceptive and unrepentant for the abusive way he treated Nicole, whether or not he killed her.

When you have someone who is so public, it's difficult not to let everything run together.

~Sassy~

This is a forum and everyone has a right to express there opinion and views and we don't have to all agree on any one view.

The jury in the first trail did what they were told and listened to all of the evidence, the one rule of law they all could not get beyond was guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. It was up to the prosecution to prove their case, in that trial, and evidently the jury did not feel they met their burden of proof.

I have my own opinion on the first case but I was not on the jury. So my opinion is just that an opinion, I am not bound by the same rules and trust that we all put in the judicial system. But I don't feel we should compare this trial with the one before and I am sure the jury process was handled correctly. Please don't judge these jurors by something in the past and say they did not perform what was asked of them.

I did not hear any evidence in this case. But O.J. even though he has done a lot of stupid things and this would probably have to be at the top of the list as stupid, what he did was against our laws and he was found to be guilty. He also has a right to exhaust every appeal his attorneys can provide for him. I truly feel he did not want to hurt anyone, he just wanted what he felt was rightly his, but he sure went about it the wrong way. If he was going to prison for being stupid he would have a lot of company. But he will NEVER be in any general population, again this is just my opinion.

Stinkerbell

I would hope, if it were me on trial, that the jury could be focused on just the current case and not anything else I may or may not have done.

disneyland lady

The man is a celebrity thug especially when you consider the charges against him in this trial included kidnapping, assault and theft. AND...... that was the lesser of his involvement in court cases. The video of him entering that room with his cronies at that hotel (which I have stayed at in the past) intimidated me and not one of those men was a dorky, computer nerd type. And his daughter Sydney was found guilty of assault of another schoolmate last year so I imagine this thug actually thinks humans act like this.

Disneyland lady insane diego

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview