1 bay leaf
2 pounds of leftover Xmas ham diced
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
4 cups of cold water
4 cups chicken stock
1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

If using uncooked beans put them in the pot with the water and bring to a full boil. Put lid on pot and turn heat off and let sit for one hour. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 2 hours. Check beans to make sure they are tender and if they are put a couple ladles of the beans with some broth in a blender and puree. Do not put too much in the blender or the steam pressure will blow the lid and soup all over the place. Hold the lid in place with a kitchen towel. Just use the pulse feature and be careful. This will thicken the soup nicely.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

CindyLouWho

Yum I love bean soup, got the stuff already & gonna make a big pot full Sunday.  Thanks for the recipe!  !@!

Squid

Sounds great and I'll archive the recipe.... but.... there's never any leftover ham in my house!   !@!  :)))

disneyland lady

Using vegetarian soup stock works great too - not that I am a vegetarian - I just happened to have it yesterday instead of chicken stock and this recipe sounded too good not to make it. Would only have been better if Homer would have offered some of it to us.

Tara

Quote from: Homer on December 26, 2008, 01:59:05 PM

If using uncooked beans put them in the pot with the water and bring to a full boil. Put lid on pot and turn heat off and let sit for one hour. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 2 hours. Check beans to make sure they are tender and if they are put a couple ladles of the beans with some broth in a blender and puree. Do not put too much in the blender or the steam pressure will blow the lid and soup all over the place. Hold the lid in place with a kitchen towel. Just use the pulse feature and be careful. This will thicken the soup nicely.

What if you didn't eat ham for Christmas? What broth? Where did the broth come from? How do you know steam pressure will blow the lid? If you said 2 ladles, then why would you put too much? Is 2 ladles too much? How many "o's" should you use for the word too? What if you don't have pulse feature? Can you use a vibrator that has a pulse speed instead?  :))

Homer

Quote from: Tara on December 29, 2008, 12:32:50 PM
What if you didn't eat ham for Christmas? What broth? Where did the broth come from? How do you know steam pressure will blow the lid? If you said 2 ladles, then why would you put too much? Is 2 ladles too much? How many "o's" should you use for the word too? What if you don't have pulse feature? Can you use a vibrator that has a pulse speed instead?  :))

:{: :{: :{:

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Tara

Quote from: Homer on December 29, 2008, 12:56:04 PM
:{: :{: :{:

If you're going to post a recipe you have to be ready to answer the many questions one might have to ask.  :,

Monkey

Quote from: Tara on December 29, 2008, 12:32:50 PM
What if you don't have pulse feature? Can you use a vibrator that has a pulse speed instead?  :))
OMG.  :)) :))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview