1/4 c. beer
1 tbsp. cayenne
1 tbsp. paprika
1 tbsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. garlic salt
3 dashes hot pepper sauce
Vegetable oil for frying

Cut dill pickles into slices of 1/4 inch thickness. Combine flour, beer, cayenne, paprika, pepper, salt, garlic salt and hot pepper sauce in a medium mixing bowl. Dip pickle slices into batter. Heat oil to 375 degrees F. in a large, deep saucepan. Fry pickles until they float to the surface, about 4 minutes. 4 to 6 servings.

jarjar

Is this possibly any good. I may just give it a try for fun.

CindyLouWho

I love deep fried stuff but gotta say NO to the pickles since I hate dill pickles  giggle2.gif  but thanks for posting the recipe!

On the plus side, being a hillbilly myself I love your pics there tumbsup.gif tumbsup.gif

hillbillyjim

They dont have a real pickle taste once there cooked. I use blue cheese for a dipping sauce. ranch is good with them also.

note ...the pickles cant be real  juicy  if they are the batter does not stick well.

disneyland lady

I love deep fried pickles. They had your choice of butter pickles and dill and I loved both. The other odd thing I tried at the fair last year that was good was deep fried avocado slices! They were made with a tempora type batter rather than the flour but I am game for anything fried.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview