PlayBuddy
June 08, 2024, 08:22:15 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Anagrams : Spell 500 words this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Win 24 games with two or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Changes coming to Boardwalk Seaball......

Started by Hocky,

Previous topic - Next topic

Hocky

A friend of mine pointed me to a letter to the editor on the Pogo UK site that may affect the ability to use an auto on the game in the near future.

Please read.................

Love Boardwalk Sea Ball but...

Hi Ed,

Love the new game Boardwalk Sea Ball - it's addictive and competitive. But it's obvious a lot of players are using cheat program - their scores are impossible and I am not being a bad sport. What can we do about it? I'm not even sure it's allowed. Can we report it?

Looking forward to the new games I've also heard about.

JAS

Hi JAS

Thanks for writing in and I'm glad you're enjoying Boardwalk Sea Ball too!

I'm sorry to hear that you may have encountered foul play in the game. To answer your question, it's not possible for players to report cheating. The reason is simple - player reports are just not an efficient or accurate way for Pogo to monitor and combat cheating (which is done on an ongoing basis).

Cheating is a clear breach of Pogo's Terms of Service and can result in loss of accounts. But, in fairness, it's usually best to give your fellow players the benefit of the doubt if you suspect someone's cheating. I've had many mails in the past from honest players who've been unfairly accused of foul play simply because they'd had chat off and been on a lucky streak! You can never really be 100% sure (from high scores, lack of chat response or anything else) that someone's playing underhandedly, and accusations of cheating can leave a very bad taste. Please don't run the risk (however small it might seem) of hurting of hurting a fair player's feelings.

If you see anyone in a Pogo game room advertising a cheat program (or Tokens, Gems etc,) in chat, that's a different matter. Do please report them (as SPAM) so that appropriate action can be taken. That really helps us out.

The good news is that there are a few tweaks being made to the Board Walk Sea Ball that will make for a drastic reduction in the use / effectiveness of cheat programs and make for a much more even playing field... Cheats never prosper!

Stinkerbell

Thanks for the post, Hocky. It's good to know that those people who sit in the game rooms reporting suspected cheaters are wasting their time. I hope I'm RO'd by the time any changes are implemented, or that the autos can keep up with the changes to the games.

Homer

blah...blah...blah

Same old dribble. Without cheaters pogo wouldn't be as near as profitable as they are now.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

MsMissy

Thanks Hockey for the info, i havent played it for awhile & do hope they dont change it too soon.  tumbsup.gif

arniebear

QuoteThe good news is that there are a few tweaks being made to the Board Walk Sea Ball that will make for a drastic reduction in the use / effectiveness of cheat programs and make for a much more even playing field... Cheats never prosper!

Well I hope those tweaks include fixing how the tickets are being counted..........the only one cheating in that is Pogo and I would say they are definitely prospering. undecided.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: arniebear on June 06, 2009, 04:28:47 PM
Well I hope those tweaks include fixing how the tickets are being counted..........the only one cheating in that is Pogo and I would say they are definitely prospering. undecided.gif

I wondered about that. It would tell me I needed xxx tickets to advance, then at the end of the game it would tell me I needed more tickets. LOL

Magzy

Well they did tweak that Jigsaw Treasure Hunter and messed us all up for quite awhile.  I would not be surprised if they tried it again.  I am so glad I rank out!!!  If anyone needs a helping hand before the ruin it let me know and I will run yours. coffee.gif

arniebear

I was just in a Sea Ball Room and two people stated they had been reported for cheating causes scores to high and not chatting....Pogo told that the complaint was unfounded..........but these Pogo Police are getting ridiculous.  At this rate I may rethink my membership  undecided.gif

Joe C

Pogo has to pretend to discourage the use of cheats. These efforts are nothing more than a way to placate the lower paying members with the highest turnover. It is a fancy Kabuki dance where everyone knows nothing will really change, except for some oxygen thieves made happy by a reply to a Ms Netiquette email.

Pogo knows that its highest paying members with the lowest turnover are those with many badges. These players buy gems for Mix and Match badge. These players buy Premium albums. A significant portion of these "high-paying" and "loyal" customers use cheats for nearly every game on Pogo. These players, and I am one, are cash cows for Pogo. Regulating these customers and eliminating cheats would cost Pogo money.

The only time it would actually pay Pogo to boot a high-paying customer that uses a cheat program is if Pogo had to pay that customer money or give them a prize with actual value, like a mug. Otherwise, if someone runs a cheat program and does not harass other club members, Pogo actually has NO interest in discovering and punishing cheaters.
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

swamp

Quote from: Joe C on June 07, 2009, 10:19:10 AM
Pogo has to pretend to discourage the use of cheats. These efforts are nothing more than a way to placate the lower paying members with the highest turnover. It is a fancy Kabuki dance where everyone knows nothing will really change, except for some oxygen thieves made happy by a reply to a Ms Netiquette email.

Pogo knows that its highest paying members with the lowest turnover are those with many badges. These players buy gems for Mix and Match badge. These players buy Premium albums. A significant portion of these "high-paying" and "loyal" customers use cheats for nearly every game on Pogo. These players, and I am one, are cash cows for Pogo. Regulating these customers and eliminating cheats would cost Pogo money.

The only time it would actually pay Pogo to boot a high-paying customer that uses a cheat program is if Pogo had to pay that customer money or give them a prize with actual value, like a mug. Otherwise, if someone runs a cheat program and does not harass other club members, Pogo actually has NO interest in discovering and punishing cheaters.
yup the way things are today  pogo needs us cheaters to survive  beer11.gif

Hocky

Quote from: Joe C on June 07, 2009, 10:19:10 AM
These players, and I am one, are cash cows for Pogo. Regulating these customers and eliminating cheats would cost Pogo money.

MOOOOOOOOOOOO! MOOOOOOOOO! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! giggle2.gif

Homer

Squid

I was just in a room, actually playing a game, when two people accused me of cheating  because I had a high score.  Now.... we all know I can cheat with the best of 'em, but at this particular moment I was not cheating.  They kept saying how I was on "auto pilot".   giggle2.gif 

You're damned if you do, damned if you don't.  LOL

snowflower

Quote from: Squid on June 07, 2009, 12:36:02 PM
I was just in a room, actually playing a game, when two people accused me of cheating  because I had a high score.  Now.... we all know I can cheat with the best of 'em, but at this particular moment I was not cheating.  They kept saying how I was on "auto pilot".   giggle2.gif 

You're damned if you do, damned if you don't.  LOL

girls22.gif  Holy kriiikey ''' they know you too?  And I thought they just liked to pick on ME!

harley89

I read that reply several times and it appears Pogo is sayin dont tell us about cheaters cause we really dont care.  I turned my profile off and that guestbook thing off.  Drives people nuts when you do that.   We spend lots of money on Pogo and guess what when the handheld games come out we probably gonna buy those also they got badges and we are all badge hos

Magzy

I have  been wondering about those handhelds, are we going to be able to download a cheat to them.  If not I won't be purchasing them. undecided.gif

jarjar

Quote from: magzy on June 08, 2009, 02:38:44 AM
I have  been wondering about those handhelds, are we going to be able to download a cheat to them.  If not I won't be purchasing them. undecided.gif
giggle2.gif My exact thoughts. I mean really who wants to play hysterical.gif

Homer

Quote from: harley89 on June 07, 2009, 10:06:28 PM
I read that reply several times and it appears Pogo is sayin dont tell us about cheaters cause we really dont care.  I turned my profile off and that guestbook thing off.  Drives people nuts when you do that.   We spend lots of money on Pogo and guess what when the handheld games come out we probably gonna buy those also they got badges and we are all badge hos

From what I have been told the hand held badges DO NOT go into your regular club pogo badge book and WILL NOT count towards your total number of badges. There will be a special hand held page that will show those badges.

Squid

I will not be taking part in handheld Pogo stuff.  I DO have other things in my life that need attention, ya know!  They expect me to play pogo while driving?  While visiting the restroom?  They won't be happy until they are taking up every second of our lives.  Pogo is an evil entity.  It's best we get out now.

diablo.gif diablo.gif diablo.gif diablo.gif diablo.gif diablo.gif diablo.gif diablo.gif diablo.gif

Joe C

Quote from: Homer on June 08, 2009, 04:50:47 AM
From what I have been told the hand held badges DO NOT go into your regular club pogo badge book and WILL NOT count towards your total number of badges. There will be a special hand held page that will show those badges.
I, for one, shall not be paying real money for fake badges that do not count towards my total like real badges. giggle2.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview