PlayBuddy
May 01, 2024, 12:57:04 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Tiger Woods Accident

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-bk-tiger-woods-accident,0,4464998,print.story

OrlandoSentinel.com

Tiger Woods taken to hospital in 'serious' condition after car accident
Professional golfer Tiger Woods was seriously injured in a car accident outside his Isleworth home early this morning.
Amy L. Edwards and Henry Pierson Curtis

Sentinel Staff Writers

2:37 PM EST, November 27, 2009

Professional golfer Tiger Woods was seriously injured in a car accident early this morning, the Florida Highway Patrol just reported.

Woods, 33, pulled out of his driveway in the Isleworth community about 2:25 a.m. when he struck a fire hydrant, and then drove into a tree at his neighbor's property, FHP reported.

Woods was transported to Health Central Hospital in Ocoee in serious condition, FHP said. No other information about his condition has been released.

A Health Central hospital employee said at 2:30 p.m. that Woods was not a patient. A hospital operator would not say if Woods had been treated and released.

FHP said the airbags in Woods' Cadillac Escalade did not deploy, which means the vehicle was traveling under 33 mph.

Orange County Fire Rescue received the call for aid at 2:28 a.m. Woods was transported from his Windermere-area neighborhood by the hospital's own ambulance.

FHP did not report the accident until just after 2 p.m. today. The agency said the crash remains under investigation and charges are pending.

Copyright © 2009, Orlando Sentinel

Joe C

Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Homer

Sounds like something may have happened prior to the accident. I just can't see hitting a fire hydrant and a tree coming out of a driveway unless he was speeding.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

harley89

Quote from: Homer on November 27, 2009, 12:22:59 PM
Sounds like something may have happened prior to the accident. I just can't see hitting a fire hydrant and a tree coming out of a driveway unless he was speeding.

Was  real easy for my granddaughter to do it course she is just 16    Hope Tiger recovers my Mother is a real golf fan(had Masters tickets during the golden bear days) and she loves Tiger.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer on November 27, 2009, 12:22:59 PM

That's what I was thinking. I've read on other sites where they say he was seriously injured. Based on the fact that he first hit a hydrant, then a tree traveling under 33 mph makes me think he injuries, if indeed serious, couldn't have been caused during the accident.  I hope he is ok, regardless.

Homer

UPDATE -- According to Tiger's rep, he was in a minor accident, treated for injuries, and released from the hospital.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0Y5zLPxJB

Homer

Multiple law enforcement sources tell TMZ Tiger Woods' early morning accident came right after an argument with his wife, Elin Nordegren.

We're told Elin told cops about the argument at the scene of the accident and Tiger gave the same story to authorities at the hospital where he was treated.

One Florida law enforcement official called it "a domestic issue."

Elin apparently was able to forgive and forget -- according to Windermere Police Chief Daniel Saylor, Nordegren smashed out the back window of Tiger's car to help get him out.

FreecellFanny

QuoteNordegren smashed out the back window of Tiger's car to help get him out.

Smashing out the rear window with a golf club to get him out of the front seat? Bull.

She was trying to bash his brains in when she found out he was seeing another woman.

Yet another athlete not worthy of the title role model.

Damn shame. I thought Tiger was better than that.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: FreecellFanny on November 28, 2009, 07:08:47 AM

Smashing out the rear window with a golf club to get him out of the front seat? Bull.

She was trying to bash his brains in when she found out he was seeing another woman.

Yet another athlete not worthy of the title role model.

Damn shame. I thought Tiger was better than that.

Is that true? I still can't find anything on what really happened.

Homer

Quote from: Stinkerbell on November 28, 2009, 08:48:49 AM
Is that true? I still can't find anything on what really happened.

From what I have read the facial lacerations are supposedly from his wife.

Tiger Woods: Injuries Caused by Wife, Not SUV
Posted Nov 28th 2009 6:08AM by TMZ Staff

Tiger Woods did not suffer facial lacerations from a car accident. They were inflicted by his wife, Elin Nordegren -- according to a conversation Woods had Friday after the accident.

Tiger has yet to be formally interviewed by the Florida Highway Patrol -- that should happen this afternoon. But we're told Tiger had a conversation Friday -- with a non-law enforcement type -- detailing what went down before his Escalade hit a fire hydrant.

We're told he said his wife had confronted him about reports that he was seeing another woman. The argument got heated and, according to our source, she scratched his face up. We're told it was then Woods beat a hasty retreat for his SUV -- but according to our source, Woods says his wife followed behind with a golf club. As Tiger drove away, she struck the vehicle several times with the club.

We're told Woods became "distracted," thought the vehicle was stopped, and looked to see what had happened. At that point the SUV hit the fire hydrant and then hit a tree.

We're also told Woods had said during the conversation Friday he had been taking prescription pain medication for an injury, which could explain why he seemed somewhat out of it at the scene.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0YAyb9B8S

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer on November 28, 2009, 09:25:51 AM
From what I have read the facial lacerations are supposedly from his wife.

Thanks, H.   Infidelity is so terribly upsetting to me because of what it does not just to the person being cheated on, but what it does when families are torn apart because of it.

I hope it's not true, but I'm afraid it probably is.  sad.gif

Homer

Quote from: Stinkerbell on November 28, 2009, 09:30:41 AM
Thanks, H.   Infidelity is so terribly upsetting to me because of what it does not just to the person being cheated on, but what it does when families are torn apart because of it.

I hope it's not true, but I'm afraid it probably is.  sad.gif

If he is cheating, I'm a bit surprised he wasn't busted by the paparazzi. They are everywhere.

Joe C

Quote from: Homer on November 28, 2009, 09:31:55 AM
If he is cheating, I'm a bit surprised he wasn't busted by the paparazzi. They are everywhere.
The news hit TMZ earlier in the day that Tiger and his wife had their argument.

He was driving out of the house and later she got him out of the car with a golf club.

Did she go BACK into the house to get the golf club, or was that why he was driving away? tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer on November 28, 2009, 09:31:55 AM

That is true. You'd have thought that if infidelity were the issue, the press would have known about it as soon as it started.

Homer

Quote from: Stinkerbell on November 28, 2009, 10:37:46 AM
That is true. You'd have thought that if infidelity were the issue, the press would have known about it as soon as it started.

Apparently the affair is being reported by a supermarket rag who is getting the info from the supposed mistresses friends. Now the woman who is supposed to be sleeping with Tiger says the sources aren't her friends and she doesn't know them and is denying everything. Should be interesting to see how this winds up.

If his wife assaulted him shouldn't she be arrested by now for domestic violence? undecided.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer on November 28, 2009, 10:50:34 AM
Apparently the affair is being reported by a supermarket rag who is getting the info from the supposed mistresses friends. Now the woman who is supposed to be sleeping with Tiger says the sources aren't her friends and she doesn't know them and is denying everything. Should be interesting to see how this winds up.

If his wife assaulted him shouldn't she be arrested by now for domestic violence? undecided.gif

You'd think she would be charged, but he would have to press them, right? Charges that is?  Somehow I don't think he would, even if the allegations of infidelity are unfounded.

Homer

Quote from: Stinkerbell on November 28, 2009, 10:59:43 AM
You'd think she would be charged, but he would have to press them, right? Charges that is?  Somehow I don't think he would, even if the allegations of infidelity are unfounded.

Aren't domestic violence charges automatic? I didn't think you had that option anymore.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer on November 28, 2009, 11:01:05 AM
Aren't domestic violence charges automatic? I didn't think you had that option anymore.

I assumed you still had the option, but I don't have day-to-day dealings with many domestic abuse victims. What little I know I learned from Law and Order.  giggle2.gif

FreecellFanny

I have always believed that women should be treated equally, even in matters of domestic violence.

If she did go after him with a golf club (regardless of the reason why) and caused him injury then yes, she should be charged. If the roles were reversed he would have been arrested, strung up, and hung out to dry as a wife beater.

Fair is fair.

Homer

Quote from: FreecellFanny on November 28, 2009, 11:29:18 AM
I have always believed that women should be treated equally, even in matters of domestic violence.

If she did go after him with a golf club (regardless of the reason why) and caused him injury then yes, she should be charged. If the roles were reversed he would have been arrested, strung up, and hung out to dry as a wife beater.

Fair is fair.

Is that you Billie Jean?  giggle2.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview