PlayBuddy
May 01, 2024, 03:56:35 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

RIP Brittany Murphy

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Brittany Murphy Dies
Posted Dec 20th 2009 1:37PM by TMZ Staff

Brittany Murphy died early this morning after she went into full cardiac arrest and could not be revived, multiple sources tell TMZ.

She was 32.

A 911 call was made at 8:00 AM from a home in Los Angeles that is listed as belonging to her husband, Simon Monjack, the Los Angeles City Fire Department tells TMZ.

We're told Murphy was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where she was pronounced dead on arrival. Her time of death was listed as 10:04 AM.

Murphy starred in such films as "Clueless," "8 Mile," and "Don't Say a Word." Murphy was reportedly fired from last film, "The Caller," after reports she was problematic on set.

UPDATE 3:11 PM ET -- Sources tell TMZ Brittany Murphy's mom discovered her unconscious in the shower. We're told when paramedics arrived, they quickly determined Murphy was in full cardiac arrest and immediately administered CPR. They continued CPR in route to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center -- several miles away -- and Murphy was unresponsive. She was pronounced dead at the hospital.

We're told the LA County Coroner's is picking up Murphy's body from Cedars later today and will launch a death investigation.

UPDATE 4:00 PM ET -- We're also told the LAPD will launch a death investigation.

UPDATE 4:07 PM ET -- A rep for Murphy tells TMZ, "In this time of sadness, the family thanks you for your love and support. It is their wish that you respect their privacy."

Story developing ...

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0aGXxbTEE

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Stinkerbell

It's so sad when someone so young passes.  I hope there were no drugs or alcohol involved.

jtric1963

I HATE TO SAY THIS, BUT DON'T SMELL RIGHT ABOUT THIS CASE.  THE HUSBAND LOOKED A LITTLE WORRIED.  I REALLY THINK SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT HERE.  SORRY BRITTANY--I REALLY DID LIKE YOUR WORK AS AN ACTRESS.

C~M

Hocky

Holy Crap!  Another one?  Bless her heart.......RIP Brit  6_6.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: hocky on December 20, 2009, 04:34:48 PM
Holy Crap!  Another one?  Bless her heart.......RIP Brit  6_6.gif

One site said cocaine, another said a condition similar to what killed Michael Jackson.

who me?

Oh Wow...I'm in shock! This is just surprising and unexpected.
I really Liked her in her films.
R.I.P Brittany....
cross.gif

Joe C

There have been stories saying that she had diabetes which she kept hidden. tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

jtric1963

i understand why you do not like someone to type in caps, i am over 50 years old and only have one hand so i do the best that i can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stinkerbell

Quote from: jtric1963 on December 20, 2009, 06:43:49 PM
i understand why you do not like someone to type in caps, i am over 50 years old and only have one hand so i do the best that i can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have one hand that's mostly paralyzed, so I understand how difficult typing can be.

Squid

Another site says 'natural causes' are said to be responsible.  I say we wait for the medical examiner's report.  May she rest in peace.  That poor family....

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview