PlayBuddy
May 01, 2024, 01:48:53 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Return of the Gino Giant!

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

OMG I can't wait Gino's is returning to the Philly area!

Gino's Hamburgers to make a comeback
Gino's Hamburgers, a fast-food company that had a huge presence from New Jersey to northern Virginia ("Everybody Goes to Gino's"), will make a comeback in 2010.

In charge is Tom Romano, who was C.O.O. in 1982 when the chain was sold to Marriott Corp., which converted the eateries into Roy Rogers restaurants. Gino's took its name from Baltimore Colts player Gino Marchetti, who will consult.

"It's apparent there's a need for better burgers out there," said Romano, citing the success of such chains as Five Guys.

Romano, who worked for the company for 20 years, said Gino's would make its burgers to order from fresh beef and would also offer chicken. (Gino's was the mid-Atlantic outlet for Kentucky Fried Chicken.)

Romano plans to start offering franchises next week, and to have the first location (possibly in Northeast Philly or Montgomery County) this summer.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

CindyLouWho

Wow I used to love Gino's!  Hope we get 1 back again here where I live.    cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Homer

Quote from: CindyLouWho on December 31, 2009, 11:05:38 AM
Wow I used to love Gino's!  Hope we get 1 back again here where I live.    cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

I thought they still had them down there undecided.gif

Stinkerbell

Homer

Stinkerbell

Homer

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer Claus on December 31, 2009, 12:01:40 PM
Get a weiner at Pink's  bbq29.gif

That's too far away.  I want a yummmmmo Lobster dinner from Northwoods Inn in Covina. Still too far away but so yummy!

Homer

Quote from: StinkyNewYear!! on December 31, 2009, 12:23:24 PM
That's too far away.  I want a yummmmmo Lobster dinner from Northwoods Inn in Covina. Still too far away but so yummy!

I need to make a west coast swing one day. Pink's is on my culinary list along with In-n-Out.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer Claus on December 31, 2009, 01:23:19 PM
I need to make a west coast swing one day. Pink's is on my culinary list along with In-n-Out.

Have you ever had either? I've seen In-N-Out in Las Vegas, but it was several years ago. I don't know if it is still there.

Homer

Quote from: StinkyNewYear!! on December 31, 2009, 01:56:24 PM
Have you ever had either? I've seen In-N-Out in Las Vegas, but it was several years ago. I don't know if it is still there.

Nope. That's why they are on my list. There is an In-n-Out in Sacremento

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer Claus on December 31, 2009, 02:40:14 PM
Nope. That's why they are on my list. There is an In-n-Out in Sacremento

There's one about 10 minutes from me, which is why it's old. LOL

Joe C

Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Homer

Joe C

Quote from: Homer Claus on December 31, 2009, 07:56:39 PM
shocked.gif shocked.gif shocked.gif
Five Guys is a great hamburger chain. However, of course Homer thinks about having five guys. Is there something Homer wants to announce for the New Year.

Homer

Quote from: Joe C on December 31, 2009, 08:38:23 PM
Five Guys is a great hamburger chain. However, of course Homer thinks about having five guys. Is there something Homer wants to announce for the New Year.

slap1.gif slap1.gif slap1.gif

Joe C

Quote from: Homer Claus on December 31, 2009, 08:41:34 PM
slap1.gif slap1.gif slap1.gif
Funny how you can dish it out but cannot take it back.  embrace.gif I still have hugs for you. Maybe 2010 will be the year Homer stops slapping peeps for the same thing he does to others. tumbsup.gif embrace.gif embrace.gif embrace.gif embrace.gif embrace.gif embrace.gif embrace.gif embrace.gif embrace.gif

alyaks

In-n-Out burgers are great. I miss them since moving here. Now about all we have is Dairy Queen close by and the one here is horrible! There was a little hamburger stand in LA that people would line up around the block for, but I can't remember the name of it. I'll have to ask my husband. I only lived in northern CA for a short while, so I don't remember where all the fast food places are, but I know there are several good restaurants at Fisherman's Wharf in SF that are great! Sabella's is really good if you ever get down there.

CindyLouWho

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview