This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Double browsing and playing cards-

Started by Hooper2092,

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooper2092

I guess I'm venting a little bit here...
but on the topic of double browsing when playing spades and euchre, I just have to get something out- because I know there are several forum members here who do it. [double browse]

Now those who of us who have been around a while have either double browsed ourselves; or witnessed or know of others who do so- Back a few years ago I will admit that I used to double browse when playing spades. It strengthened my playing skills, and I even joined a league of other double browsers and we knowingly played games that turned us into fantastic players. I no longer double browse- but I have noticed a new generation of DB-ers out there... which is why I am writing this post.
If you are going to double browse... there are a few things you should really know (at least in my honest opinion) to make yourself not appear as an A$$-

*You may think you are "da bomb" or "da shiz" but keep one thing in mind... a very high rating with a winning % of 85  or higher just shows that you are  clearly cheating. If you aren't going to at least honestly play a few games and lose (as we all lose sometime)- then you just ASKING for someone to call you out... which leads me into my next point...

* Don't advertise yourself as being the "best of the best" in lobby unless you want to be called out when it is obvious you are db-ing. If you are double browsing, you are likely looking for a sucker who doesn't know how to check opts or stats and falls pray as your victim. And if someone is smart enough to check your stats and notice you're DB-ing- then good for them and don't worry about it, just ignore them and move on and wait. Ensuing into a frenzy of hate speech just makes you look all the more guiltier, it turns the whole rooms attention onto you... and lastly- it makes you look like an a$$.
  - you are the spider and they are the fly...- just remember that, and don't push it any further.

Lastly... when you make your screenname to double browse.. WHY IN THE H*** MAKE NAMES THAT ARE SOOOOO OBVIOUS??? I mean come on... ex. IAMDABOMB and MYPISDABOMB are so obvious it's ridiculous... - come on, you've got to be a little smarter than that.

Lastly... just wondering some honest opinions out there from you double browsers...
Why do you double browse?

I will answer my own question as honestly as I can. At first, I started double browsing to raise my rating that hovered constantly in the mid-green numbers and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't raise it. However, when I did become red (which took me quite a while, even double browsing) I joined into a league of other double browsers- which ultimately became a test of skills and sharpened my playing skills VERY VERY well. My club pogo name has finally become red in spades and still purple in euchre. But I can honestly say both ratings were earned honestly after a LOT of work.-
Now I see some reds that are red in less than 100 games...  just wondering... who are you honestly trying to fool?
OHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah... and I almost forgot. There are programs out now that are similar to good ole neotrace... and when two people sitting at a table are from the same IP, there is no disputing. (Not that I call people out... but boy, watching the fur fly when DB-ers do get called out can be entertaining.)

Thanks for listening... and Happy Pogo-ing  :P  8)  ;)

evilone373

i agree but ive been called a cheat at euchre,and ive never db'ed nor used messenger nor the phone,...i play in several leagues and also rated with some of the same people
simply because they know how to play the game.people may think we cheat,and yes i been called that many times in the lobby,but those "regulars" who play know better...some are idiots and plain obvious,but i am known to call on a 9 and 10(with aces of course) and hope my p catches a trick....never seen anyone talk smack like that in roughy,but again some just get lucky and others just obvious....thats pogo for you and i guess some get a swollen head if they have a orange or purple or red rating,ive alwaiys told them its only a pogo rating ,big deal.....

i do know of several admins who also td in a seperate league and they just sign up with their aol acct.under 1 name and explorer on a seperate that way they have different ip addresses.
there used to be a league that did the mega bux entry fee tours ,now that was a bigtime db league,got tons of bux fast.to gift and such.cases closed it down :'(

Homer

I only db when I am playing myself. No one gets hurt that way. ;)

The only reason I db is because i want to make sure I finish a challenge. I generally suck at the games I db in and I play non rated games. Could care less what my rating is.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

chuckbronson

I wasn't going to DB for backgammon this week but after starting 3 games my opponents quit when i started to win and you don't get credit toward the badge for that kind of win. I was not going to do that all week for a badge.

2TOOME

Well, I just recently learned about this nifty little trick and the only time I have done it is to get my challenge badge for the week.  That's the only time I would use db-ing, I think ;)

chetta

um its not working for me, I'm trying to get the badge as well, i get on one name, see myself try to enter and then  it kicks out the other name using aol and explorer, tried aol first and then exp, and exp first and then aol, oh well this one i might not get, I'm have the same prob of people leaving when I'm winning

Tinksfeisty

When I had Compuserve, same as AOL, I tried the double browsing also and couldn't get it to work. I have MSN and IE I will try again. Only because my mom is on vacation and she asked me to get her badges for her. I don't care about ratings just helping her get the badge. I wonder if it willl boot me (it did with Compuserve) like it's doing to chett.

Santa69

You need to use two different browsers like internet explorer and netscape.

evilone373

no you cant double browse using aol,what i was saying was in regards to leagues .people use aol to get a second name into a league because aol gives you one of there ip #'s....instead of having to figure out using a proxy..

chetta

thanks santa, ya i just downloaded ns, waiting for EVER for the dang pogo to load, but i have a few hours to kill here
you know im thinking about all this, and i cant believe what we will do for a stupid badge, i mean like anyone even cares  lol   if my friends only knew what my priorities were these days 8)
aw i do remember the days i would just play for fun, no badges, did not even care about the tokies or the ratings

InnocentLilCatholicGirl

I never DB in spades and I do win a lot of games I just like playing cards I'm up there in crib too  ;D

goatblls2006

I  tried DB-ing once to see if I could run 2 different autos at the same time.  Needless to say, they fought over the mouse so much that one or the other would be about to finish a puzzle and time out or reset because it didn't click where it thought it did.  Also, on the token dumper idea... wouldn't it seem odd if a couple of accounts lost all their tokens to one person in a relatively short period of time?  I don't play poker that often, and maybe ppl do that regularly, but it just seems suspicious to me.  That's why I don't DB.

Homer

Quote from: chetta on July 15, 2004, 07:23:47 AM
um its not working for me, I'm trying to get the badge as well, i get on one name, see myself try to enter and then  it kicks out the other name using aol and explorer, tried aol first and then exp, and exp first and then aol, oh well this one i might not get, I'm have the same prob of people leaving when I'm winning

Aol browser is IE. Try downloading Netscape as your second browser. ;)

yousmellbad

i double browser to get badges, and to token dump in high stakes poker. i dont play those card games except when there is a challenge.

Tinksfeisty

I tried double browsing with MSN and IE It over rides each other. I guess i need netscape for it to work.

LuLu

goatblls2006

Firefox is definitely an awesome browser, with popup blocking and tabbed browsing, something you just dont get with IE.  For those of you wondering, you can get a copy of firefox at http://texturizer.net/firefox/download.html#release .  Be sure to get the latest version, but it will let you double browse with IE.  Goodluck dbers! ;D

Maelstrom

I thought I'd let you know that I lost an account, can't say whether it was due to double-browsing or not, I did not receive any messages from pogo about it. I was able to log in, but was prevented from playing any games. I waited for 2 weeks to see if it was only a temporary ban from games. Nothing changed.
I did double-browse while I had the account, and I wasn't constantly token dumping but did a couple per week. I never really tried DB'ing on games with ratings, even though I enjoy playing Hearts and Spades.
Here's the kicker, I had over 100 million in that account and just gave up on it because I was unable to play games with that account. So I did the sensible thing, and cashed them all in. I won't say what drawing, but it wouldn't matter, I did not win.

I know some of you are dropping your jaw, and saying how could I lose 100 million tokens. Well it's quite simple, and while I do watch how well my account grows, it still doesn't compare to the amount of people who lose theirs with only thousands of tokens to spare. I played with two accounts by myself, so it wasn't like I was bragging about it all over. I only intended to see how my token account looked in other game rooms. To possibly see how high an account could go without being called a cheat.
I mean, your giving yourself tokens.

Well if I was caught by pogo and no e-mail was sent, I did take a look at EA's T.O.S.
Under ONLINE CONDUCT, there is a title called Use of machines, computers, scripts. Here is the following statement:

The use of machines, computers, scripts or any automated system on EA Online is strictly prohibited and may result in criminal liability under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, Section 1030 of the United States Code. You may only play EA Online games with one type, version or copy of browsing software application at any one time. EA may terminate and permanently disqualify any Members who, in its sole discretion, determines as being in violation of these Terms of Service. All decisions by EA are final.

Pay close attention to the 2nd sentence. So it would seem that double-browsing is against EA's TOS. Which makes it no worse than using an auto. I thought I would let everyone know this, before anyone really wanted to get carried away with it and wonder why their account was blocked/banned by pogo. Only as a warning. Sure I am ticked off for losing my account, but I missed playing the games, so I made a new account. Just remember to play it safe when you do so, with 2 accounts or with others.

Homer

My personal opinion is that it was the 100 million tokens that got you banned. I have seen people in the chats reporting people who had millions of tokens. ;)

Maelstrom

Quote from: Homer on July 16, 2004, 01:32:26 PM
My personal opinion is that it was the 100 million tokens that got you banned. I have seen people in the chats reporting people who had millions of tokens. ;)
Your probably right. No one saw me in the private tables when I was token dumping, so only pogo could assume I was cheating.
What a bunch of lame, jealous, cry babies. Someone ought to bend them over the knee, and slap them for a couple hours. I could think of many other devious revenge plots, but nothing worth their mental capacity.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview