This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Turbo 21 Easier if you knew the deck

Started by Token Monster (iaMnafetS),

Previous topic - Next topic

Token Monster (iaMnafetS)

If you knew what the deck was in Turbo 21, do you think it'd be easier to solve.  Well, actually, how would you go about it.  I'm looking at strategies and stuff for playing the physical card game with the cards face up.

Homer

You know what the cards are. I'm guessing you mean in which order they come out. I'm not a mathemetician but there are probably millions or billions of different combinations the cards could be dealt in.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

DEBKARLAR

i think it would be 52 squared to get the # of possible combos but I'm sure you could throw out a few thousand combos because your not going to get many with more then 5 in sequential order in #'s or suit

Homer

There are 2,598,960 possible combinations for a poker hand. Not sure how this number translates to Turbo21. Where's Bob the answer man? He probably knows. LOL  ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

bob@pogopal

From what little I know, card counting keeps track of the average point of the cards played. If the average is low, you have a better chance that the coming cards are face cards. If the average is high, you have a better chance that the coming cards have low point values.

Ok, does anyone have an algorithm for playing turbo 21 that I could convert instead of using probabilities of cards coming out to *knowing* if a card is going to come out?  I'm making a perfect game auto here and would like some help (the problem being you can't make a perfect game always, even knowing the cards.)

wordlife

Element

Quote from: iamnafets on July 17, 2004, 02:50:19 PM
Ok, does anyone have an algorithm for playing turbo 21 that I could convert instead of using probabilities of cards coming out to *knowing* if a card is going to come out?  I'm making a perfect game auto here and would like some help (the problem being you can't make a perfect game always, even knowing the cards.)

No one can see all the cards in the deck before they are delt. As Bob has said you can only guess what cards will be comming up next, that is if you've been getting many low values or high values. Im sure pogo deals their cards randomly which means theres no possible way anyone could predict an exact card that would come next. Too bad though huh  :'(  :P

Super Duckie

ok alrite, Duckie will sit here with his deck of cards and count the combinations, will post again in a few weeks and let ya know the results ;)

I wrote an algorithm, it uses lane reservation and "premoves".  Probably my best work yet :).

Super Duckie

Quote from: hylainhero4 on July 22, 2004, 02:28:57 AM
gl with that duckie. lol.. I will get you started at 2,007,675 lol.

ty ty, that will help out alot, I will start doing this shortly, too tired now ;)  **YAWNS**

gettysrevenge

Quote from: bob@pogopal on July 15, 2004, 05:05:02 PM
From what little I know, card counting keeps track of the average point of the cards played. If the average is low, you have a better chance that the coming cards are face cards. If the average is high, you have a better chance that the coming cards have low point values.
All I know is when I put it on turbo speed Im done in seconds,  I mean the program really rocks.  I loved it I am gonna buy them all.  When I write down all the Letters for each game that should be fun.  Poor Oscar will be like oh no she is gonna mess this all up lol  Love ya author and Bob and Homer shoot Im spreading the love around this morning.   sometimes I do come back from the land of the lost   ;)

bob@pogopal

Quote from: Element on July 21, 2004, 11:14:17 PM
Quote from: iamnafets on July 17, 2004, 02:50:19 PM

No one can see all the cards in the deck before they are delt. As Bob has said you can only guess what cards will be comming up next, that is if you've been getting many low values or high values. Im sure pogo deals their cards randomly which means theres no possible way anyone could predict an exact card that would come next. Too bad though huh  :'(  :P

Silly element...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview