This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Club Pogo Badges/Trading Badges? Huh?!

Started by LuLu,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Blue Aquarius

Wow so Pogo actually does listen!  I am looking forward to this.

zenia

Quote from: Mayhem on July 13, 2004, 12:18:14 PM
what are some of the old "good badges" to look for?
a lot of people have them from when they 1st joined, so you have to be nosey and look at someones badge profile or if they have the Chater member Badge they probably have most of them, i missed the 1st 12-18 of them cause i joined late... theres a few from pop fu, squelchies, whackdown, dice derby, whomp, and the green frog game that were the very 1st few months of challenges.

LuLu

I wished I had the tiger's eye badge.  I also want the purple one with the moon.  I can't wait!

zenia

theres a frog or lizard eye badge too...I dont know what game it was from

Hooper2092

>:(   >:(   >:(   >:(   >:(

Sorry to be the stickler here... THIS SUCKS. I have earned every single badge challenge since the beginning of club pogo- being a charter member, I worked each and every week to earn these puppies and now all of my hard work will no longer mean much because anyone can get these badges. I wrote to pogo this morning expressing my disdain for the program and offered up my opinions.
I will be  "Okay" with this whole program as long as the badges that people can go back and earn are "marked" -sort of like how a collectors card would be, as an "unlimited edition". Etc- So those of us who earned them all, the first time around get recognition for getting them all- *the first tiem around*
I have a feeling I am going to get flamed on this, but so be it. I feel very very very strongly about this subject.  :-[ 
I can remember when the challenges USED to be challenges. When even if you DID have an auto- they were still hard to get. Now it seems like everything is aimed at pleasing everyone rather than making it a true challenge. I hate to say that I think pogo sold out- but I think they did. I strongly remember the Pebble Beach Golf Challenge- which I can say I earned honestly, but some people got that badge simply by complaining- the same goes for the Dice Derby badge last fall/late summer when you had to earn 30 spins over 500 and people complained their tales off and got it for free!
I hope and pray they start making some honest to goodness HARD challenges- hoping to see a whopper of a Bridge challenge someday, perhaps some badges with Vert skater or Snowdreams- ones that will force people into a REAL challenge. *sigh* even so... I'm sure someone will b**** and complain until they get it for nothing...
Obviously I am Venting..... but this just really really sucks. I will no longer wake up early on Wednesday mornings just dive into my pogo- it's sad to say that I have truly lost momentum and enthusiasm for pogo. To some people, pogo is just a place where they get online and meet new people- others like "billion token club" feeling... and for people like me, I just loved the games. When Club Pogo was introduced to me a little over a year ago now I was incredibly happy there was a concept so awesome out there for a die hard junkie like me... now it seems that the feeling is- pogo wants to appease everyone, no matter what. But in doing so, they lost the appeasement one die hard junkie- *me*
:-[  :-[ -Heather, the totally disappointed hormonal pregnant chick

Chloe due 11/04/05 I never knew I could love someone so tiny, so much

Homer

I can understand your dissapointment and I don't know this as a fact but when people go back to earn the badges they missed it will probably be dated the day they won it. So if you won yours in August and I won mine in July I would think it would probably say so. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Hooper2092

Yes.. nonetheless ..I am dissappointed. I hope they have a little *Unlimited* mark on them... but they probably wont.

Blue Aquarius

I understand your feelings Hooper.  But, I am excited because I had no idea about Club Pogo until I stumbled upon it.  I have been addicted ever since.  I am one of those people who have begged for them to let us have the option of getting the badges.  I dont complain about the challenges.  Not to Pogo anyways.  LOL  I either get the harder challenges or I ask a friend to get it for me.  So I agree with you on the people complaining to Pogo about the challenges being too hard.  Ok think I have rambled on enough.  I need to go back to playing sim city.  LOL

rcardone1

Well it just goes to show you can make some people happy no matter what you do.

DJ_

I'm one of many that got screwed by pogo in the beginning..... they blocked my 1st pogo account only because they didn't like the name, they called it offensive. I think it's great that people like my self get a chance to get those badges back that pogo took away! I have disagree with hooper on that point of view..... but for people to bitch and complain because a challenge is too hard and to get the badge no matter what, is completely wrong and those people that complain need to get banned for 2 weeks!  :P

But anyway, I still haven't decided if I'm going to renew or not... I'm not sure if I want to be member of the Mickey Mouse Club.  ::)

Thisnamenottaken

Well I must say I like the idea.... I have earned every badge including the golf badge since I joined but I joined about 3 weeks to late....  So I dont think I shouldnt be allowed to get what I missed ... I have never whined to pogo to GIVE me a badge I love earning them..  I agree with the fact they should be a challenge... case and point last weeks turbo 21  enough people whined and they changed it from 3 JP spins in a row to just 3 in the week.  Guess my point is... if people can whine and get free badges handed to them why cant I have the chance to EARN the ones I legitimately missed.  And I actually agree with you Hooper that they should be marked in some way... but also as Homer said they dates will show when we got them.  Plus you have one that NO one can earn and that is the Charter Member Badge.... I think the ones that show prestige are the Poker badges... no cheating or whining there if you Earn them... you did good.

WCS

I too have a big problem with allowing people to get past badges, what is the point of getting the badges when they are first released if you can get them later on.  I see no point in earning badges that every bob, joe and harry are going to have.  Pogos response to people that already have all the badges is that they can re-do the challenge and get a # of times that person has won the challenge.  The name "challenge" can not be used anymore for this, it should be known as the "Keep trying, you'll get it no matter how many times you try"... sometimes in challenges you lose, now with Pogo releasing this, you never will.

yousmellbad

Quote from: LuLu on July 13, 2004, 12:45:59 PM
I wished I had the tiger's eye badge.  I also want the purple one with the moon.  I can't wait!

i have the purple moon one. i think it is one of my favorites :)

Homer

The Greenback Bayou badge was a pain but worth it. ;)

yousmellbad

zenia

I AGREE with Homer, I would think the badges would be DATED and 2003 verses 2004 is a big difference especially when it says when a person joined.I stumbled onto pogo and never knew about club pogo until I was playing a game that was a challenge and people where in chat talking about it and I joined immediately.The Charter member badge is prestigious along with the Texas poker badges

Homer

That font color is really hard to read. :(

rob

i' like to see some serious challenges for a change instead of the pathetic ones they have been coming out with, challenges that only the best of the best or the die hards at a certain game will get the badge at. would be nice to be able to have badges that others don't have and won't be able to get. i haven't got them all as i joined late aswell, and i disagree with them letting people go back. first come first serve. u missed to bad.lol.

would like to see 30 perfect games in turbo in a week, or 15 twenty card streaks in tri peaks. something everone won't get. and pogo deserves a smack for bowing down to peoples complaints and making the challenges easier

pspguy

Did you see it on the homepage at pogo? i'm glad they going to have this, i guess you can pick a challenge that you missed in the past and get the badge

hope this is very soon, anyone know?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview