This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Texas Hold'em Cheat

Started by Token Monster (iaMnafetS),

Previous topic - Next topic

Token Monster (iaMnafetS)

I hear a texas hold'em cheat is in the works (news).  What would this entail?  Wouldn't it be a hack if you were to see their cards and whatnot?

admin

No, no programs hack. The Hold 'em cheat will probably just play the game for you.

BadgeHelpOscar

Yes, it will just play the game for you....If you have anything of a hand to play with, it will make the bets for you. Not sure if we are going to have the AI configurable by the user or whatnot....still tossing all of this around.
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care...

doug2691

full size image http://home.earthlink.net/~roscup/ts.jpg

Howdy All,

I'm new to pogo but old to programming. I've recently become some what addicted to pogo.com games and being a avid programmer it was only a matter of time before the two clashed!!. :)

Any how I've wrote tons of programs last few years..none for pogo so my first attempt should of probably been at an easier game..but TH is what I've been playing.

What you see above is a Texas Hold 'Em auto that actually computes hand probabilities as the cards are dealt. It is completly customizable on when to raise, check or fold. This version is what I would term proof of concept more then anything. the darn thing hasn't won me many tokens (yet).lol.

I plan to write autos for about four games...Texas Hold Em being one of them. The first shot at it isn't all that pretty under the hood so now I'm writing a code library to make creating this thing a snap for my future projects.

Still unsure if I will release this to the general public...but I thought I would share the concept

Token Monster (iaMnafetS)

I like it, I was thinking about writing an odds probabilitor (made up word) but I don't have a club account and odds for 5 card draw are changed so minisculy depending upon what cards you have in your hand, it's almsot not worth it.  Pretty interface anyways.

doug2691

odds probabilitor  :) LOL good word. My hold em auto has that already. in fact if you have a super fast computer you can calculate the odds any hand up to 100,000 games with 6 players. On my crappy computer that equates to way to much CPU  power. 1000 works pretty good and give you ball park figure. It pretty good at telling you when you have no chance in hell of winning. The hard part is getting the AI worked out on the Hands. I've lost many 95% chance hands just because players in pogo will hang out til river card wishing on a dream..lol..throw a joker into the mix forget about it..lol  Its been a fun experiment none the less.

Element

Quote from: PogoPal on July 18, 2004, 12:18:09 PM
Yes, it will just play the game for you....If you have anything of a hand to play with, it will make the bets for you. Not sure if we are going to have the AI configurable by the user or whatnot....still tossing all of this around.

Just thowing out some ideas, maybe you could have an option that would tell the auto to go for the pot if it has a 50% (or higher) chance of wining. Or you could just test that out an if it makes a profit then just set the program for that no matter what.

btw, Is Bob going to be programming this or is someone else?

Good Luck

gettysrevenge

Quote from: iamnafets on July 19, 2004, 10:27:47 AM
I like it, I was thinking about writing an odds probabilitor (made up word) but I don't have a club account and odds for 5 card draw are changed so minisculy depending upon what cards you have in your hand, it's almsot not worth it.  Pretty interface anyways.
if you need a pass for the club I have some.  I think its really neat that so many are able to work on these auto programs or helpers.  I for one have alot of respect for the technical difficulty it must be.  I could punch myself out of computer problem if I had to.  I would love to have a program that just adjusted to the game automatically.  I know in bingo that is run by someone.  The odds of numbers running in all those sequences are just to dang controled for me to belive its random.   Any ideas about this.  I mean you cant hardly win with this type of programing goin on.  And its more than talking icq, ect...  Someone is running the games to let those in the special click to win.  THey just take turns is all.  I just stop the progrram I am using and trick them by remembering the numbers and boom they dont know i have one 2 or whatever left.  thank for the education I am getting around here its awesome

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview