This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Hacks and Cheats

Started by Token Monster (iaMnafetS),

Previous topic - Next topic

Token Monster (iaMnafetS)

What's the difference between a hack and a cheat, I've noticed people talking about it.  I guess a hack would be like, breaking into the server and changing the values or something? And a cheat is legitimately (relative term) playing the game for the tokens?

Super Duckie

one thing, a hack is a federal offence if you get busted, a cheat is just something to help you play the game

I'd disagree, Pogo states:

The use of machines, computers, scripts or any automated system to play the Games is strictly prohibited and may result in criminal liability under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, Section 1030 of the United States Code. Users may only play the Games with one type, version or copy of browsing software application at any one time. Pogo may terminate and permanently disqualify any entrants who Pogo, in its sole discretion, determines as being in violation of these Official Rules. All decisions by Pogo are final.

But my real question was what do yall consider a cheat or a hack?  Someone once said "you won't find any hacks here."  Just curious what that means.

bob@pogopal

Pogo (gasp) lies in that passage. To result in the crime of fraud according to the cited law, one must hack the system in question. An auto that plays the game exactly as a human would by looking at the screen and issuing mouse and keyboard commands is legal.

It is against Pogo's rules, but it is not illegal.

Super Duckie

very well put bob, couldn't put it better myself ;)

I'll have to agree with you there, if not for your reasoning, for the fact that section 1030 has a lot to do with government "interest calculators" and less to do with anything else.  Unless I'm a law retard (I am).  Anyways, I just wondered where yall drew the line, so I guess just playing the game would be fine. 

Element

Quote from: bob@pogopal on July 19, 2004, 04:48:23 PM
Pogo (gasp) lies in that passage. To result in the crime of fraud according to the cited law, one must hack the system in question. An auto that plays the game exactly as a human would by looking at the screen and issuing mouse and keyboard commands is legal.

It is against Pogo's rules, but it is not illegal.

Exactly, if Wordwz/Pogopal's programs were illegal EA would have had them shut down in an instant. But no they go after them for copy-righted images  ::). Using these auto-play programs is not hacking..anyone who thinks otherwise is sadly mistaken.   

hylainhero4

Quote from: iamnafets on July 19, 2004, 04:42:41 PM
But my real question was what do yall consider a cheat or a hack?  Someone once said "you won't find any hacks here."  Just curious what that means.
The reason they said you won't find any hacks here is because this site does not have hacks what so ever. All this site has is autos, and some very interesting posts lol. A hack is where you gain access to something illegal without authorization.

I hope this helps you.
Hagde1

Player1959

I think what the person who wrote "you won't find any hacks here" was talking about cracks...which I think some people used to get the cheats or autos to work beyond the trail period...in other words a crack could let you use an auto without paying for the auto.  Just my thought.

ILoveBananas

gettysrevenge

THe Martha Stupid pic is great one to use about cracks.  She cracks the system every chance she gets and regular joe ends up paying the ultimate price.  Money talks and martha makes me sick.  I never thought she was sincere to begin with.  Sry I try to be nice but I am experiencing the sharks since my hubby died.  They want a bond for the estate that only a bank could afford.  So the government only makes the rules as they go.  By the way, we fought it and won in court. Like I want a bank handling anything belonging to me lol  Getty.  I know this was off subject but I dont hack or crack but the autos are great ... there on subject.  Sry about the crack on martha LOL  G.R.

Quote from: gettysrevenge on July 22, 2004, 09:55:41 PM
THe Martha Stupid pic is great one to use about cracks.  She cracks the system every chance she gets and regular joe ends up paying the ultimate price.  Money talks and martha makes me sick.  I never thought she was sincere to begin with.  Sry I try to be nice but I am experiencing the sharks since my hubby died.  They want a bond for the estate that only a bank could afford.  So the government only makes the rules as they go.  By the way, we fought it and won in court. Like I want a bank handling anything belonging to me lol  Getty.  I know this was off subject but I dont hack or crack but the autos are great ... there on subject.  Sry about the crack on martha LOL  G.R.

Interesting posts...

ILoveBananas

you are not going to accuse me now Getty. Oh since you have a problem with me having that avatar of Martha Stewart, its removed.

gettysrevenge

:o  I am sry moma if you want to put martha up its ok.  I was out of line,  I didn't mean to offend you personally..  Martha has alot of people who like her and those that think she got nothing but a slap on the wrist.  I am here to tell you that if I had not had the attorneys working for me, and I mean I am going to be paying out the wazoooo then no way would I have won the latest round with this estate bond issue.  I dislike the way the government changes the rules for some and others who cannot afford this type of representation are fed to the wolves so to speak.  Martha deserved punishment for what she did, however, she had the money to afford to best and get her out of trouble.  Its a crack of poo poo that even I disagree with.  Docs estate is so large that no one could possible afford the bond money they wanted to attach, moreover it says worlds when only a bank could afford it.  Look at the money at their disposal.  Anyway, I am sry I just dont believe in the justice system anymore.  Even I am disgusted with it and I just won a round in court.  It will cost me having 2 law firms working for me. I have had to hire a paralegal just to pay the bills so I can just take care of my children and grieve over the death of my beloved.  Now thats something to be upset about.  Martha S.  can cry foul but she is a cracker of a deal maker.  Getty Put the pic up I can look and remind myself how our government is so corrupt.  Getty  Sorry if I offended anyone.  And I had no intention of hurting your feelings.  I sometimes just get mad for no other reason than I am mad I lost my wonderful husband and dont understand why.  Thanks for listening  Getty :-X  And I dont know what a hack is nor a crack and dont want to know really.  I just like playing games and the programs offered here.    ;)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview