Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Java Permissions

Started by hotpinklovesofa,

Previous topic - Next topic

snowflower

huh.gif

Hey Gang!! I was online with Norton over this issue and they walked me through the Java problem. She came into my puter, signed into Pogo and clicked on DON'T BLOCK. The Rep said if there's anything bad there, Norton would pick it up but if I clicked on BLOCK I'd have issues. Then she watched while I tried and it worked perfectly for me too. After that she went into my Norton Vault and woohoo nothing about Java there! Anyway, ssuming she was right about DON'T BLOCK, I've been following her advice without a problem.

Just as an afterthought, I'd think having a trustworthy antivirus you are comfortable with would be a good back up though... tumbsup.gif

snap20

Which game Squid? I haven't run into that yet with 17. I usually only play the games that have challenges and whatever I choose for my other two empty badge spots. So I may not hit a game that requires I upgrade.

Squid

I'm not 100% sure but it may have been Word Whomp or Tumble Bees.  Eeek, it could have been any of the personal challenges or MnM/Albums challenges, too.  SS, Snap, I don't remember.

Yoming 2

I found this in the pogo news.....tried it and by jingo it worked.....  cheerleading.gif

RE: Security Alert Causing Issues
After downloading the lastest Java update, I resolved the problem of having that annoying "block/don't block" screen from popping up by doing the following. Hope this will help others. Begin by going to your start menu and clicking on Control Panel. Then go to JAVA in your control panel screen. When the Java screen comes up, click on the tab marked ADVANCED. Scroll down to heading titled MIXED CODE. Finish by clicking on the command box that says "ENABLE-HIDE WARNING AND RUN W/ PROTECTIONS." Be sure to then click on, APPLY. Exit the screen and control panel, and that should keep the annoying command screen from constantly popping up. Good Luck!!

Sue

Quote from: snap20 on April 21, 2013, 03:03:42 AM
I'm still not having any issues with 7.17. If you want to try and uninstall 21 and install 17, here's a link to the older version: http://www.oldapps.com/java.php

The fix that is mentioned above, yes, it will mean you run the risk of running harmful code. Honestly, with Java, you run that risk no matter what anyway. That's why users should make themselves familiar with things like NoScript and AdblockPlus and just generally being vigilant in protecting yourself. I would rather use 7.17 and take the risk, than completely shut off the mixed code check like that link suggests in 21.

That's just me though. *shrug*. I don't use Java itself on any other site but Pogo.
I think I will try uninstalling the latest version and go back to the one that worked ok for me.

hotpinklovesofa

It's hit or miss on both my Mac and PC. I don't get it but usually after the fourth or fifth refresh it'll finally work. It's worse in Mac though b/c I get the spinning beach ball of death.  I just force quit now.  I think I'd be ripping my hair out though if I had badges to do on a weekly basis.

Sue

snap20

Quote from: LuckyCharms on May 06, 2013, 08:05:21 PM
How often does JAVA do updates??

It's really hit and miss. Sometimes it's months, sometimes a few days. Depends on exploits found, how dangerous they are and how soon they patch them. Lately it's been around once a month or so.

Here's a little chart to see when the latest updates were: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_version_history#Java_7_updates

5 updates since January 2013.

Sue

cool so hopefully in the next month they will come out with a newer version.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview