PlayBuddy
May 01, 2024, 02:48:24 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Ads in ClubPogo

Started by MsMissy,

Previous topic - Next topic

MsMissy

I am getting Ads where the writing on top of pogo'd homepage is. Where it says Friends etc. Is any 1 else getting this? also wheb I put my mouse next to agame ,a ad pops up. I don't no what changed this, its like I have regular pogo mixed with Club. I don't no how to take those ads away. Ant advice on what to do would surely help. They are driving me batty LOL  really!!!   help.gif

Yoming 2

Posted in the Pogo Forum:

If you are a free member, ads after each game and in some games, between rounds, are to be expected.

However, if you're seeing ads that are overlaying the games and preventing you from playing, or if you are a Club member who is seeing ads, it's possible that you may have malware. Try downloading and running an anti-malware program. Malwarebytes is one such free program, you can do a search for it

disneyland lady

Gamevance was the name of the malware that was causing popup ads for a while now but some are also saying that Yontoo is also showing up (at least on IE). There are programs made especially to remove both of these as I know gamevance was not caught by a friends antispyware. You can google REMOVE GAMEVANCE or REMOVE YONTOO and execute, slay, murder, assassinate, do away with, put to death, cause the death of, liquidate, dispatch or despatch, finish off, put an end to, write 'finis' to, silence, administer the coup de grace, eliminate or in other words - KILL it!

essybee

Squid

Quote from: disneyland lady on July 02, 2013, 07:48:41 AM
You can google REMOVE GAMEVANCE or REMOVE YONTOO and execute, slay, murder, assassinate, do away with, put to death, cause the death of, liquidate, dispatch or despatch, finish off, put an end to, write 'finis' to, silence, administer the coup de grace, eliminate or in other words - KILL it!

Yeah, but will it get rid of it?   giggle2.gif

snap20

If it's one of those programs Malwarebytes may not help, but I'd recommend everyone run the program it periodically. You never know what may be lurking. Depending on your level of expertise, your internet browser and what add-ons you use, your results may surprise you, or you may come up clean.

I, personally, don't trust a lot of the programs you pay for "spyware" protection. This is one I would trust, even though the free version does enough as it is. http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Squid

I've used malwarebytes - I think it was pretty good.  Right now i'm using SUPERantiSpyware, which is also pretty good.  My other puter uses CCCleaner.

snowflower

MsMissy do you know that if you go into a NON-Club Pogo Members room - you will get the ads whether you're a Club Pogo Member or not .... could this be the problem, maybe?

MsMissy

Thanks everyone for the info I understand some of it. But I don't go into nonclubpogo rooms& I am a Clubpogo member. I only use IE 10, as I don't no or have any help getting google chrome. I will try the Malware 1 & see if that helps . I have no problems playing the games . Oh meant to ask you , is it normal that when you posted the addy for malwarebytes & antispyware from Dl, it is underlined? Just asking. Im not computer savy LOL ss.  hi11.gif

Squid

It is not underlined on my puter/monitor.  It might be underlined on yours because that's how it shows it is a link.  Clicking it will probably take you to the site. 

Sue

Mayhem

It should show an underline when you hover your mouse pointer over it.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on July 03, 2013, 12:43:16 PM
It should show an underline when you hover your mouse pointer over it.
Mayhem's got the smarts. 

hotpinklovesofa

Quote from: Squid on July 02, 2013, 04:20:57 PM
I've used malwarebytes - I think it was pretty good.  Right now i'm using SUPERantiSpyware, which is also pretty good.  My other puter uses CCCleaner.

I have all three in my laptop (paranoid much?) I've run all of them and I still think I have something because it keeps switching my proxy settings so that my browsers can't get online. No problems with Pogo though once I manually switch it back.

Sue

Not to change the subject but I noticed the last couple of days that if I sign out of Pogo that there are NOW ads until I sign back in.

Now maybe they have been there longer than the last few days and I just didn't notice but it seems new to me.

MsMissy

LuckyCharms, it doesn't matter if I sign in or out. those Ads still popping up on top of homepage where Friends , badges etc. are. I have a program to run, but it didn't help, sorry to hear that you are getting them also. they are so irrating especially when your paying for Clubpogo.  sad.gif

snap20

MsMissy, sounds like you have browser malware. it might be present in your add/remove programs and you might be able to simply remove it. Are the ads always for the same thing/product? Or a rotating set of specific ads? If so, can you tell us what they are for? Might help narrow down which program installed itself. You can also try Firefox, to see if that helps, depending on the Malware it might take over Firefox as well.

if you want to give it a try, you can download Firefox here: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/fx/#desktop

Once you install, add this add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

If you don't want to go with FF yet, see if you keep track of what the ads are. When you start Internet Explorer do you get your usual homepage? Or is it a new homepage that you didn't select? Also, what operating system do you use? (e.g. Windows 7, Win8, XP, Mac?)

MsMissy

Snap, I have windows 7 & only use IE10. don't no anything much about other browers as im not techy savy. My daughter-in-law suggested I call Pogo. she says it sounds like it is there server putting those ads on top of homepage where it says ClubPogo, friends, mini mall etc. This just started this week.as for the ads, they are different, most are in English & some come in Spanish. I cked out add& removal programs, but didn't really no what I was looking for. here are a few ads I saw this morning, BigFish games, iphone, Congrations you Won, Spanish to name a few. Some time the homepage is normal & then the ads pop up in bar on top. I hope this helps as im lost on what it is doing.  sad.gif

snap20

When you open IE10, does it take you to a website you didn't select? Or does it go to what you set your homepage as (e.g. google, yahoo, pogo)? If it takes you to a site you did not select, what is the site you are sent to? Do you ONLY see the ads on Pogo? Or do you get pop ups, ads on other sites?

Here's something else you can try with the Add/Remove programs. Open that window up and there is a column called "Installed on" (you might need to scroll to the right to see the column). Click on that column heading and it'll sort the programs based on when they were installed. Look to see if there are any programs installed around the time you start noticing the ads (or if something was installed just before that). That might narrow down the search. Feel free to list any programs here that are installed around that time that you might wonder about. We might be able to narrow it down that way.

You could reset IE10 and start with a fresh, new install, but if you have adware or malware installed, that won't matter.

okeaire

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview