This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Ads in ClubPogo

Started by MsMissy,

Previous topic - Next topic

C~M

It definitely sounds like a browser add on to me. I had something like that that got added to my Chrome and PC was a mess with every word almost having a pop up, lol

Just go in to the extensions or add-ons and see what you have there.

I'll bet it was added by some "other" software you installed and it didn't tell you.

disneyland lady

I think it was Adobe that always has that box checked to add things during their installs. I use my twitter acct to deal with my anger issues and said something like "Adobe - how about after the 200th time we refuse to add that toolbar you can remove it from the updates" and they tweeted back "Because that is how Adobe swings" - ouch!

If you can remember Pogo without those ads perhaps you can just do a system restore via the wizard to go back to the date before they started. That also removes the malware. But you might then have lots of Windows updates to put back on.

I learned the hard way to look very careful while even doing updates to your Anti-Virus protection as I ended up with about 12 new toolbars by just clicking away to get thru it quicker. S-L-O-W D-O-W-N during your downloads and read before you click NEXT. (tongue in cheek here)

Mayhem

If I ended up with that many toolbars after installing something, I would reinstall the OS  panic button.gif
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

disneyland lady

Quote from: Mayhem on August 27, 2013, 08:20:50 PM
If I ended up with that many toolbars after installing something, I would reinstall the OS  panic button.gif

I found the image online but I have been trying to find something to replace my addiction to badges. Perhaps collecting toolbars? Just google image TOOLBARS and check out that I did not even pic the biggest one. I didn't want to be responsible for crashing the site!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview