Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

JAVA *$&#^$&@%!*

Started by Squid,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

Hi, gang.

My puter insisted I update my Java.  When I did so, all Java games on Pogo failed to work, saying they need Java to work.

Java.com verifies that I have the updated version of Java and all older versions have been removed.  Java is enabled in both my browsers (IE and Chrome) and my browsers are enabled in my OS (Windows 7).

I have cleared my Java cache and puter cache.

I've enabled tracing and bugging.

It says Java 7, update 65 in my list of programs.
I've restarted the browser, rebooted, cleared cache, defragged, etc.
I've totally uninstalled and done a clean re-install.

Does anyone have any idea why the installed Java is not being recognized on my computer (both browsers)?

In the advanced tab of internet options of IE (gear symbol, upper right corner), Java isn't even listed, which is odd.

snap20

When you uninstalled, did you reboot before you installed again?

I have 7.56 installed and didn't have an issue on both a Win7 and WinXP machine.

A couple things to check. In the Java control panel, click on the "Security" tab and make sure the top box is checked "Enable Java content in..." and try and set your security level to the lowest setting which is Medium. You can also add pogo.com to the exception site list in that tab.

Squid

Thanks, Snappy.
Yes, I rebooted before the new installation.
Top box is checked.  I did slide the security level to medium (it was in the middle prior).  I tried adding pogo.com and after adding it several times, it is not listed.  It doesn't seem to be accepting it due to being an http, not an https.

Pogo tries to load the game, then I get this message (I've done all they suggested):

Oops, something is not right...

Your browser couldn't load this Java game.

Pogo requires the latest version of Java to be running on your Machine. Please visit Java.com to download the latest version.

Update Java

Update didn't work?

Check out Java.com's TestJava page.

Check out our Troubleshooting page on enabling Java in your browser.

Still experiencing issues? Check out Oracle's Java and Pogo Troubleshooting Guide

Yoming 2

Quote from: Squid on July 17, 2014, 03:48:03 PM
Hi, gang.

My puter insisted I update my Java.  When I did so, all Java games on Pogo failed to work, saying they need Java to work.

Java.com verifies that I have the updated version of Java and all older versions have been removed.  Java is enabled in both my browsers (IE and Chrome) and my browsers are enabled in my OS (Windows 7).

I have cleared my Java cache and puter cache.

I've enabled tracing and bugging.

It says Java 7, update 65 in my list of programs.
I've restarted the browser, rebooted, cleared cache, defragged, etc.
I've totally uninstalled and done a clean re-install.

Does anyone have any idea why the installed Java is not being recognized on my computer (both browsers)?

In the advanced tab of internet options of IE (gear symbol, upper right corner), Java isn't even listed, which is odd.

From Pogo:

We have received reports that some players are having difficulty for loading Java-based games on Pogo after updating to Version 7 Update 65. Our Team is currently investigating this issue.

In order to be able to carry on playing while the team continues to investigate the issue, please consider manually uninstalling version 7 update 65 and reinstalling an earlier version 7u55 or 7u60.
You can download the previous Java versions from the Java website.

snap20

Squid

Thank you Snappy & Yoming!  It's working now but it keeps asking me if I want to run the program, which is a very new message.  I uninstalled the latest update , rebooted, installed u55 and it didn't work at first.  Said the exact same stuff.  Then it asked for my permission to run it.... blah, blah and it seems to be working.  Thanks so much for taking the time to help.

I should've known it was Pogo.   

Have a drink on me  blowkisses.gif

girl5.gif girl5.gif

C~M

my update didn't show up on my first badge challenge but did on 2nd. I went to Java and downloaded both the 32 & 64 bit versions of the offline installer and installed them. Then checked to see if I had any old versions to remove via the Java site and I didn't.

Everything works fine for me. I have Windows 8.1  64 bit.

snowflower

Hi, gang.

Here's what I do when it happens to me ... actually happened again last night.... It's a pretty simple fix.  I just change browsers. If one does this, I change to another. Something else I do, is clean files and RESTART.  One or the other of these options ALWAYS works for me.  GL hope it works for you too!

Squid

I only wish that were the case for me.  It didn't matter which browser and it didn't matter what game.  Nothing worked.  Tx Snowy.

snowflower

crying10.gif Awe, sorry Squiddy, hope you get a fix for it

AustinBennett

This is why you never update java until it's been available a week or more. As long as your games continue to play on the older version simply go around the update request on your system. When you know the new update is problem-free, then update it.

Squid

Quote from: AustinBennett on July 18, 2014, 01:40:56 AM
This is why you never update java until it's been available a week or more.

My puter insisted I update my Java. 

Having a choice would have been nice.  undecided.gif

disneyland lady

And the other thing that happens is that we just want to get the update over with and usually click on next, next, next....not realizing that Java has decided you need a new toolbar or some other bundled crud. MAKE SURE YOU UNCLICK THE INSTALL TOOLBAR BOX BEFORE CLICKING NEXT.

And I found a solve for the issue many are having with the newest upgrade - hope this works for you:

CONTROL PANEL:
Click on Java.
Go to Advanced Settings tab.
Scroll down to MIXED CODE(sandbox vs. trusted) check ENABLE.
The first time you open your game you will get a prompt. Check ALWAYS ALLOW and you should not get this again.

snap20

Really, if you only use Java on pogo, you shouldn't have to worry about security settings too much as most of the issues on the java exploits come from ads, and with club pogo there are no ads (it can also help if you use an Adblock add-on and/or NoScript add-on).

If you use other sites with Java (not Javascript, which is different from actual Java Runtime Environment [JRE] that pogo uses) then you might want to be a bit more careful.

MsMissy

Does anyone no if the new Java is safe to download yet? Mine has been popping up on screen telling me there is a new version, but as of yet I just close it out. I have read the posts in here, so I do not want to download it till I no it is not going to give me any problems as im not puter savy.  been very interesting to read in here. tks for all who are posting about java, so far.

Squid

I haven't heard anything, Missy.  I think I'm waiting a while nonetheless - I'm a bit gun shy at this point.

snap20

I've had the update installed since the day it became available and have had zero issues on Pogo still. Squid uses Windows 7 and so do I so it can't be an OS issue. I use a Firefox based browser, Squid uses IE and/or Chrome, so maybe that's part of the issue. I don't know. I haven't tried the site with Chrome or IE.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that it might be a user by user thing that just happens...I don't know.

Squid

Quote from: snap20 on July 19, 2014, 02:49:00 PM
I've had the update installed since the day it became available and have had zero issues on Pogo still. Squid uses Windows 7 and so do I so it can't be an OS issue. I use a Firefox based browser, Squid uses IE and/or Chrome, so maybe that's part of the issue. I don't know. I haven't tried the site with Chrome or IE.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that it might be a user by user thing that just happens...I don't know.
Snappy's a smartypants who pays attention!  xoxoxox

Sue

I am having trouble getting the latest version of JAVA installed. It wont let me play any games. I keep getting an error message saying JAVA wont load.

Squid

Java gives me fits, Sue.  I wish I had some words of wisdom for you.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview