This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Pogo Slots : Win 18000 coins this week! [Download Cheat]
Cookie Connect : Serve 70 customers this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

internet connection

Started by wordlife,

Previous topic - Next topic

wordlife

dose anybody know were i can get free fast internet connection  O0 ???

Homer

The only thing your gonna get free is dialup service with tons of advertising. Dial up is anything but fast. :(

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

badcrazygirl

i kno it s**ks  so don't get it if you want cheap try netzero or earthlink

bigbear78

Quote from: wordlife on August 12, 2004, 05:18:35 PM

Find a IT department, at work or near your house......set up a wireless modem on their system.....sit outside in your car with a lap top.

I did it at an old job, just because the IT nerds said it couldn't be done......They had one mother of a fast connetion

badcrazygirl

i have a question this is for dsl how do you set it up to 2 comps ?

Token Monster (iaMnafetS)

Quote from: bigbear78 on August 14, 2004, 12:08:20 AM
Quote from: wordlife on August 12, 2004, 05:18:35 PM

Find a IT department, at work or near your house......set up a wireless modem on their system.....sit outside in your car with a lap top.

I did it at an old job, just because the IT nerds said it couldn't be done......They had one mother of a fast connetion

My neighbors split the cost of a high speed service.  They lived a couple houses apart too.  When that WiMAX comes out, there's gonna be some major sharing going on, it seems to be the motif these days.  Earthgoddess, the way you setup DSL among 2 comps is to use a router, you can buy one real cheap nowadays, $50 even with wireless, and a wireless card is around $40 (?).   Hook the DSL modem into the router, plug one (or both) of your computers into the router, and plug the wireless into one of your computers.  Bammo.  They've made it almost too easy.  I do suggest you change the SSID on your router and the password though, that's just too often a mistake.  But share, it's good.

badcrazygirl

i ahve the router i just need to kno how to set the 2 comps up
like the network settings

Homer

There should be a cd that comes with the router. It will help you make the proper connections and test it. At least that's how it works with Linksys routers. O0

badcrazygirl

nope i didn't get i cd and i have a linksys's router

Homer

One came with the one I setup for my brother. ???

Token Monster (iaMnafetS)

Reset your router.  The password is now admin.  Leave the settings.  Have all your computers in the "Obtain information for me" (aka DHCP mode).  Restart.  Or you can just call linksys and they'll walk you through the same thing.  They probably run tons of calls so they'll be able to help you.

badcrazygirl

I did It YAY  ;D
umph thats strange now my bro's comp won't connect

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview