This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Java Problems

Started by Sue,

Previous topic - Next topic

Sue

My Windows 8.1, internet explorer, Lenovo computer wont load games and hasn't for a few weeks.

I tested Java and it said it either wasn't here or it was disabled. So I took all old versions off and re-installed the latest version.

Java is enabled in Internet Explorer. I have cleared my Java cache and puter cache.

I've restarted the browser, rebooted, cleared cache, defragged, etc.

Does anyone have any idea why the installed Java is not being recognized on my computer?

I have tried everything I found on websites to fix java with nothing happening/working.

Help me please before I pull out all my hair.

Wanted to add that I can't play Flash games either.

Sue

Browser = Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0(Browser Mode 7, Document Mode 5)
Cookies Enabled? = true
Do Not Track = undefined
Resolution = 1280 x 768
OS = Windows 8.1
Flash version = 15.0.0
Java Versions installed = 1.7.0_71

snap20

I think it's internet explorer 7 that is the problem. IE7 isn't even supposed to be available for Windows 8.x.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_other/how-do-i-install-internet-explorer-7-on-windows-8/d58ce9a5-eaad-4954-9988-2035996cd6bb

You should be using IE10, if you are using IE10 you can make it think it's IE7. That's explained in the post I linked above.

Sue

Looking for Internet Explorer?

Guess what? Your system already has the latest version installed!
Make it your default browser

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am using Internet Explorer 11 Version 11.09600.17416

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what the web page you posted said: (But I didn't understand it)

IE10 installed in Windows 8 by default and you couldn't install IE7 on Windows 8 directly. It is possible to do it using Application Virtualization tools or install Windows XP on virtual PC and install IE7.

The easier way is to use IE10 by in IE7 mode, to do that follow these steps:
1.Open Internet Explorer
2.Open tools->  F12 Developer tools (or press F12)
3.In the Internet Explorer Developer Tool, Click Browser Mode and Select Internet Explorer 7

This will run the website in compatibility view in Internet Explorer 7.

It is strongly recommended to focus on make website compatible in IE10.

gigi

I don't understand any of it either.  I have IE11 and can't play anything on Pogo because it sends a message the IE has stopped running and is reloading the page.  This isn't good when you are in the middle of a game.  I have no problem with Chrome and Pogo games.  I wish it did work, because I actually like IE better.  My mail looks better, my downloads give a different choice.... I know it's just getting used to a new browser, but some habits die hard..... did I mention I use AOL BAAAWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

snap20

I don't use IE and the last version I installed was IE6, so really can't help any further. If you've tried this:

The easier way is to use IE10 by in IE7 mode, to do that follow these steps:
1.Open Internet Explorer
2.Open tools->  F12 Developer tools (or press F12)
3.In the Internet Explorer Developer Tool, Click Browser Mode and Select Internet Explorer 7

And you don't have those options available, then it must not exist in IE11. You said in your 2nd post that your browser is IE7, so I'm assuming you already have it set up to 'look like' IE7? I don't know.

When you remove old version of Java, make sure you reboot before reinstalling. Also make sure you don't have something called "Java Fx" installed either. I'd remove Java and Flash, reboot the computer, and try and install them one at a time and checking if they work before installing the other.

That's about as far as I can go in helping, since I don't use Win8, IE11 or IE in general.

Sue

I have spent many hours trying to find out why my computer says I am using:

But also says: I am using Internet Explorer 11 Version 11.09600.17416

The twins new computer came in today.

I am so afraid, I will screw something up (... when I put it together later this week.)

If anyone can help me with my problem... either PM me or post here.

Thanks Snappy for your help.

Mayhem

Quote from: Sue on December 08, 2014, 11:31:14 PM
I have spent many hours trying to find out why my computer says I am using:

But also says: I am using Internet Explorer 11 Version 11.09600.17416

If anyone can help me with my problem... either PM me or post here.

Thanks Snappy for your help.

In Internet Explorer, go to : Tools > Compatibility View Settings

Is there anything listed in the "Websites you have added to Compatibility view" section? If so, delete them. Any website(s) listed in that section will run in IE 7 compatibility mode.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Yoming 2

Sue

Quote from: Mayhem on December 09, 2014, 02:14:45 AM

In Internet Explorer, go to : Tools > Compatibility View Settings

Is there anything listed in the "Websites you have added to Compatibility view" section? If so, delete them. Any website(s) listed in that section will run in IE 7 compatibility mode.

Woohoo that worked. Thank you so much Ken!!!

And Snappy thanks for your input.

Squid

Quote from: Sue on December 09, 2014, 09:14:33 AM

Hey, what about me?  I was here in spirit.   angel19.gif

disneyland lady

Quote from: Squid on December 09, 2014, 09:52:48 AM
  Hey, what about me?  I was here in spirit.   angel19.gif

True translation: She was drinking distilled beverages while reading this thread.  beer11.gif

Mayhem

Quote from: Sue on December 09, 2014, 09:14:33 AM

You're welcome!  tumbsup.gif
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Quote from: disneyland lady on December 09, 2014, 10:37:24 AM
True translation: She was drinking distilled beverages while reading this thread.  beer11.gif
ROFLMAO!   beer11.gif german.gif drunk.gif party15a.gif

Sue

S1lent

Greetings,
This is why I like my MacBook Pro.  Although I don't run POGO games on it, the darn thing just works.  Now why can't we get MicroSoft's Windows products to work? Seems like we are always chasing problems with JAVA, IE, FireFox, Chrome and Flash.  JUST MAKE IT WORK!  We shouldn't have to be IT geeks to play BrainDumb games to win badges and worthless tokens.

All for now and have Happy Holidays (I would have said Merry Christmas...but you know)

S1lent

gran2x2

Quote from: s1lent on December 09, 2014, 05:34:19 PM
Greetings,
This is why I like my MacBook Pro.  Although I don't run POGO games on it, the darn thing just works.  Now why can't we get MicroSoft's Windows products to work? Seems like we are always chasing problems with JAVA, IE, FireFox, Chrome and Flash.  JUST MAKE IT WORK!  We shouldn't have to be IT geeks to play BrainDumb games to win badges and worthless tokens.

All for now and have Happy Holidays (I would have said Merry Christmas...but you know)

S1lent

Sue

Well this isn't a java problem this time. It is a flash problem.

This is what POGO told me to do... but under edit menu is no  "Preferences..."

Help me to do it correctly. Please.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Applet Did Not Download Correctly

Explanation:
Every time you play, the Java applet that loads the game room is automatically downloaded to your computer.

Your browser detected that the copy that was downloaded to your computer was corrupted somehow, and will not function properly.

How to Fix the Problem:
The usual cause of this error is that you have a corrupted file in your browser's cache. So, the first thing you should do is clear your browser's cache.
1.Pull down the Edit menu and choose "Preferences..."
2.Click the + next to the word "Advanced", then click "Cache".
3.Click the Clear Disk Cache button.
4.Click the Clear Memory Cache button.
5.Click OK to close the Preferences dialog box.
6.Exit and relaunch Netscape Navigator.

Squid

Netscape?  Haven't they been gone for years? 

Is this just trying to delete your Java cache?  Can't that be done from your control panel?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview