This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Challenges and Ranks: Tips and Tricks

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

We have the very awesome Help With Badges/Challenges thread where people can go to ask for help getting their badges, but it's pretty long and disorganized. In fact, trying to find game specific information about the best way to get ranked out or earn challenge badges in that thread is nearly impossible. With this in mind, I asked Mayhem what he thought about having a thread where people can share with everyone else the settings, levels, and strategies they use for getting their badges, and he agreed that it was a good idea.

So what we'll do is, as people share their tips, the first post will be updated and listed (by game) to include that information so it'll always be easy to find.

Here we go!

Anagrams

For challenges requiring you spell x number of 6-letter words, Inky recommends the following:
Challenge Mode> Boarding Challenge> Level 39 which contains  7 6-letter words

Bejeweled Stars

For most challenges, focus on creating special gems, but don't use them right away. Eventually, during regular game play, the special gems will be detonated and will then clear away many more gems using fewer moves.  Also, be sure to experiment matching hypercubes with with each other or other special gems, and matching 2 special gems of different or the same kinds for extra impact. Level 2 is a fantastic level to practice on. See The s1lentOne's link below for more information.

Mayhem provided the following information:

Flame Gem: Match 4 Gems in a line or a square.
Flame gems explode when matched, destroying themselves along with all eight surrounding gems.

Star Gem: Match 5 Gems in a T or L shape.
When matched, Star gems destroy all gems along vertical and horizontal lines from their own position.

Hypercube: Match 5 Gems in a row.
You can match Hypercubes to any adjacent gem regardless of color to destroy all gems of that color on the board. This is a great way to detonate other Special Gems or collect SkyGems that are not near any sets of their own color.

Dark Sphere: Match 6 or more Gems in a row.
When you swap a Dark Hypercube, it changes all of the Gems of the swapped color to Hypercubes.

Butterflies: For challenges requiring the dispatching of butterflies.

Inky shared that Level 18 is pretty good for butterfly challenges in Bejeweled Stars:  20 butterflies per game which go fairly quickly.
LittleFawn made these suggestions for Butterflies:
level 19 (you get 14)
level 24 (30)
level 27 (35)
level 61 (55)
level 129 (50)

The s1lentOne provided us with some fantastic information for ranking out and LittleFawn points out that it's a great way of earning coins quickly. Click on this link to be taken to his post. https://www.pogocheats.net/forum/index.php/topic,50762.msg674855.html#msg674855

Cookie Connect

Make X number of stars: In a game room they were saying that stars are made when you end a cookie streak diagonally.

Cookie Connect Stars and Arrows or Serve X number of customers Badges Glitch

Step 1:
Play on level 9 but don't win the level - lose on purpose.

Step 2:
When it asks you if you want to buy more moves, click 'no'.

Step 3:
Wait until the next screen pops up and shows your total (x/150) - make a note of what it says and click on "Continue Game".

Step 4:
When it asks you if you want to try again, click the X in the upper right corner.

It will now show you your total screen again and this time will be double. Thanks, Mayhem and CM!

First Class Solitaire Pogo has update FCS so the following may or may not work:

Win x number of games in a row: According to CrazyMan and Disneyland Lady, once you win the first game, if you see the next game (or 2) isn't going to win, just close the window and go back into the same room and play again. You won't lose credit for the games you've won.

Jet Set Solitaire

Seatbelt Cards : First Trip, go to the 12th location (Kilimanjaro). The airport level has 9 seatbelt cards available.

Peggle Blast

This is a great "in general" tip:  If you have the time (about 5-10 minutes/day) play the daily.  Get two spins to win Power-Ups.  It will make these challenges.  The fireball is very effective. Additionally, you will get chances to use other "Players"...Buddy is very useful. 

Thank you, S1lent!!

Clear x number of pegs:  Level 8 is great because it usually only take one shot to clear the board, making it a quick way to clear pegs.

For challenge objectives such as detonating x number of bombs:

Orange Pegs - Level 4 - 32 orange pegs
Bombs – Level 64 – 6 bombs
Gems – Level 84 – 20 gems
Pinatas – Level 91 – 8 pinatas
Warp Holes – Level 136 – 4 portals
Eggs – Level 171 – 24 eggs
Gnomes – Level 182 – 12 gnomes
Pop Frogs – Level 194 – 14 frogs
Purple pegs show up in several levels different levels but there are never a lot of them. Try level 8 as s1lent suggested because it's a quick level to complete so your best chance for faster progress.

To complete multiple objectives try the following levels

Bombs and Gnomes – Level 64 – 5 each
Gems and Pinatas – Level 28 – 5 gems and 2 pinatas
Eggs and Pinatas – Level 81 – 7 each
Spiders and Gems - Level 113 – 2 spiders, 8 gems
Gems and Gnomes - Level 122 - 7 gems, 5 gnomes
Spiders and Warp Holes - Level 129 - 2 spiders, 2 portals
Spiders and Pinatas - Level 130 - 1 spider, 5 pinatas
Frogs and Gnomes - Level 140 - 9 frogs, 3 gnomes
Gnomes and Frogs - Level 151 - 5 gnomes, 3 frogs

Thanks to Squiddly and the The s1lentOne!

Poppit

For challenges requiring you collect/use x number of power-ups: Keep clicking "new game" until you see a board with 1 or 2 stars. Those are the power-up prizes.

Poppit Party 

All challenges and rank advancement: See the bottom of this post for helpful information regarding "wash" times and Power-ups. A HUGE thank you to Squiddly for putting this all together!!!

Sweet Tooth Town

Most challenges: This is another "match 3" game. In this game, like in Bejeweled Stars, you can mix and match the power-up candies, and can even match only 2 of them. For example, you can mix and match by matching a mouth power-up with a striped candy power-up, or stripes with any color cordial candy, etc. This can be a huge help on challenges that require x number of moves to complete.

Chocolate Level 2 is great for the Jelly Bomb challenge

Again, this thread is not meant to replace the Help With Badges/Challenges thread! This thread is an information sharing thread only!

Poppit Party Information:

Squid

Great idea!  I'll be using this thread mucho!

MAHJONG ESCAPE

I did the badge where the objective is to get a bunch of timed levels and China 5 did the trick, winning almost every game.  Hope this helps!

snap20

Anyone else as dumb as me and been playing the No-Limit tournaments trying to get jackpot spins for this week's badge? If so, you can play the Limit games and you only need to win 4 hands to get a JPS, not win the tournament.  low blow.gif

Squid

I must admit... I started in the No-Limit rooms and soon discovered my error.  I switched over and had the badge fairly quickly.  I'm not sure why the No Limit rooms didn't give credit; I won lots of hands.  Live and Learn.  

disneyland lady

Quote from: Squid on November 14, 2015, 04:54:28 AM
 Live and Learn.  

Sheesh, I have lived almost 70 decades so I am pretty sure that the learning part better be sooner than later.

snap20

Quote from: Squid on November 14, 2015, 04:54:28 AM
I must admit... I started in the No-Limit rooms and soon discovered my error.  I switched over and had the badge fairly quickly.  I'm not sure why the No Limit rooms didn't give credit; I won lots of hands.  Live and Learn. 
You only get credit in the no limit rooms if you win the whole tournament. Otherwise, no JPS.

Quote from: disneyland lady on November 14, 2015, 09:18:28 AM
Sheesh, I have lived almost 70 decades so I am pretty sure that the learning part better be sooner than later.
Are you a vampire!? 70 decades??  giggle2.gif

disneyland lady

bat.gif

Quote from: snap20 on November 14, 2015, 02:41:48 PM
You only get credit in the no limit rooms if you win the whole tournament. Otherwise, no JPS.

Are you a vampire!? 70 decades??  giggle2.gif

snap20

Any tips on the Monopoly slots badge? Is it just dumb luck? I played for an hour and a half yesterday by hand and didn't get a single landing on Community Chest. *sigh*

Squid

Quote from: snap20 on December 24, 2015, 12:49:28 PM
Any tips on the Monopoly slots badge? Is it just dumb luck? I played for an hour and a half yesterday by hand and didn't get a single landing on Community Chest. *sigh*
I know someone who played for 9 hours and didn't get a single one.  I got one in 5 minutes.  It's all luck of the roll (when you get them).

C~M

Quote from: snap20 on December 24, 2015, 12:49:28 PM

Choose 1 line instead of all lines. It limits your chances of winning and thus less animations.

snap20

Quote from: Squid on December 24, 2015, 02:28:37 PM
I know someone who played for 9 hours and didn't get a single one.  I got one in 5 minutes.  It's all luck of the roll (when you get them).

That's...disheartening.

Quote from: Crazy~Man on December 24, 2015, 02:43:14 PM
Choose 1 line instead of all lines. It limits your chances of winning and thus less animations.
So the dice don't have to be on that one winning line, right? Good thinking CM! Thank you!

C~M

Quote from: snap20 on December 24, 2015, 04:59:00 PM
So the dice don't have to be on that one winning line, right? Good thinking CM! Thank you!

Correct

S1lent

Greetings and Merry Christmas to all,

Wow this challenge had lots of negative comments.  Finally figured out to play just one coin and one line.  Why don't I Catch on sooner...is it the wine?

S1lent

disneyland lady

Quote from: s1lentscream on December 24, 2015, 05:10:24 PM

Wow this challenge had lots of negative comments.  Finally figured out to play just one coin and one line.  Why don't I Catch on sooner...is it the wine?

S1lent

Do you catch on to it is not polite when you do not share?    beer11.gif

snap20

Quote from: s1lentscream on December 24, 2015, 05:10:24 PM

S1lent
I'm stone sober and it never occurred to me until CM mentioned it...so it can't be the wine. :P

Stinkerbell

For today's daily challenge, which is the best Mahjong Escape level to play to get the unlocks?

Edited to add - Britain level 4 has 3 lock combinations and wins easily.

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on January 21, 2016, 08:56:37 AM
For today's daily challenge, which is the best Mahjong Escape level to play to get the unlocks?
Britain level 4 has 3 lock combinations and wins easily.

Gee but you're swell, Stinky!

Squid

This thread helped me again with the daily challenge:  use Britain level 4.  Thanks, Stinky!

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on February 14, 2016, 03:18:54 AM
This thread helped me again with the daily challenge:  use Britain level 4.  Thanks, Stinky!

You're welcome!

Come on, peeps! Share those tips!!

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview