Pogo Cheats
PogoCheats.net Community
PlayBuddy

Challenges and Ranks: Tips and Tricks

Author Topic: Challenges and Ranks: Tips and Tricks  (Read 30911 times)

Offline Stinkerbell

• Diamond
Challenges and Ranks: Tips and Tricks
« on: October 07, 2015, 01:21:11 pm »
We have the very awesome Help With Badges/Challenges thread where people can go to ask for help getting their badges, but itís pretty long and disorganized. In fact, trying to find game specific information about the best way to get ranked out or earn challenge badges in that thread is nearly impossible. With this in mind, I asked Mayhem what he thought about having a thread where people can share with everyone else the settings, levels, and strategies they use for getting their badges, and he agreed that it was a good idea.

So what weíll do is, as people share their tips, the first post will be updated and listed (by game) to include that information so itíll always be easy to find.

Here we go!

Bejeweled 3

Ranking out: If you have more than one computer, you can put yourself into the game multiple times and each computer will contribute to your rank progress. This probably works for other games, too. Thanks for the heads-up, Squid!

Make B3 Run Smoother:  Squid read on the  Bejeweled 3 Pogo Forum that "starting a game on any other tab but CHALLENGES is the way to go.  If you click on the CHALLENGES tab to activate any badges, click off that tab and onto either CHAT ROOMS or FORUM or HOW TO PLAY.  The reason for this is that some people are having memory issues when playing the game and somehow the highlighted tab is involved (probably because the Challenges tab is constantly updating).  I don't know if this is true or even possible but it's worth clicking to another tab to stay on the safe side."

It might be worth trying this for all games!

CLUE - Night Vision Goggles vs. Flashlight vs Fogcutters - Thanks, Squiddly!

Night Vision Goggles Episodes         Flashlight Episodes           Fogcutters Episodes
                                                                                                          003
                                                                                                          006
                                                                                                          010
                                                                                                          014
                                                                                                          017
                                                                                                          021
                                                                                                          022
                     023                                                                                031
                                                                                                          034
                     106                                       105                                   108
                     107                                       109                                   112                       
                     110                                       111                                   201
                     114                                       113
                     115                                       116
                     203                                       202
                     311                                       302                                   301   
                     355                                       357
                     356                                                                                364
                     366                                       367
                                                                 370                                    369
                     383                                                                                382

Cookie Connect

Make X number of stars: In a game room they were saying that stars are made when you end a cookie streak diagonally.

Cookie Connect Stars and Arrows or Serve X number of customers Badges Glitch

Step 1:
Play on level 9 but don't win the level - lose on purpose.

Step 2:
When it asks you if you want to buy more moves, click 'no'.

Step 3:
Wait until the next screen pops up and shows your total (x/150) - make a note of what it says and click on "Continue Game".

Step 4:
When it asks you if you want to try again, click the X in the upper right corner.

It will now show you your total screen again and this time will be double. Thanks, Mayhem and CM!

First Class Solitaire

Win x number of games in a row: According to CrazyMan and Disneyland Lady, once you win the first game, if you see the next game (or 2) isn't going to win, just close the window and go back into the same room and play again. You won't lose credit for the games you've won.

Mahjong Escape

Key/Lock challenge: Britain level 4 has 3 key/lock combinations and is an easy level to complete. Sqwid likes China 28 and Yoming prefers China 14, both of which have 6 key/lock combinations and are also easy to complete.
Match flowers, seasons, or collect x number of tiles: Byzantine 16 is an excellent choice for these types of badges.
Complete x number of timed levels: China 5 did the trick for Squid, while Yoming had the most luck with Japan and Rio de Janeiro levels 5.
Collect x number of tiles after collecting the gold tiles: Joe, over at Badgewinners, recommends Japan level 1.

Match and Merge

Match 500 Yellow Tiles: Disneyland Lady says that Match and Merge Level 27 seems to have lots of yellow for this weeks challenge of getting 500 yellow tiles. You do not need to win the round but when you do those extra moves bring up the yellow tile count too.

Monkey Gems

Collect x number of fruit - Crazy Man says "Easiest way to get the Monkey Gems Fruits is to get your snake down to two gems of same color and just sit and wait for the fruits to pop up and then hit them and make sure to clear those gems right at the end of the vine. Then just end game and start the round over."

Monopoly Slots

For faster ranking out - According to another site, the best way to rank in Monopoly Slots is to play just 1 line because you're significantly cutting down on the winning animations, getting more spins per minute, therefore more dice as well - and dice don't have to be on winning lines to count. I tried it and it works.

They admit you'll not win as many tokens, but if fast ranking is what you're looking for, this is the way to go.

Poppit

For challenges requiring you collect/use x number of power-ups: Keep clicking "new game" until you see a board with 1 or 2 stars. Those are the power-up prizes.

Poppit! Party - See below for Power-up and Cleaning Time information. Thanks to Squid for putting it all together!

Solitaire Gardens

2+ Stars: English Garden 1, level 2.
5+ Card Wins and Max Flower Power: Japanese Garden Map Two, Puzzle 35 is great for badges requiring 5+ Card Wins and Getting Max Flower Power on the top left meter. It is also good for tokens. It wins about 40% of the time.
Dirt Piles: English Garden Part 1, Level 11.
Flower Power Bonus (upper left card count).
Multiplier Cards : PlayBuddy Recommends English Garden Level 6
Rank: Best levels to play: English Garden, Part 1, Level 55 and English Garden, Part 1, Level 10
Note: If you're playing for the Maxing Out Badge, you'll have to win the game along with getting that high card count. Thanks for the info, Squid!
Seeds for Happiness Meter: Picnic Garden #1, level 15 earns 225 seeds per game, and has many wins.
Shovels: English Garden Map Three, Puzzle 20 has TEN shovel cards. I do not have a winning percentage handy, but it looks good enough.
Water Cans: English Garden Map Three, Puzzle 27 has NINE watering can cards. It wins about 25% of the time (you must win game to get credit) but it is quickest way I have found to win that badge.

Zuma's Revenge

Finish a level within the ace time limit x times: If you're playing by hand CrazyMan suggests repeating level 1 over and over, as fast as you can. I found that the PlayBuddy auto was flying through the levels and I wasn't getting credit, so I actually slowed the auto down a notch and easily got credit.

Again, this thread is not meant to replace the Help With Badges/Challenges thread! This thread is an information sharing thread only!

Poppit! Party Power-ups and Clean Times (Needs Updating)

« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 08:38:09 am by Stinkerbell »

Offline Squid

• Diamond
  • * > *
Re: Challenges and Ranks: Tips and Tricks
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 03:20:17 pm »
Great idea!  I'll be using this thread mucho!

MAHJONG ESCAPE

I did the badge where the objective is to get a bunch of timed levels and China 5 did the trick, winning almost every game.  Hope this helps!

Offline snap20

• Garnet
  • Personal Text
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 06:55:50 pm »
Anyone else as dumb as me and been playing the No-Limit tournaments trying to get jackpot spins for this week's badge? If so, you can play the Limit games and you only need to win 4 hands to get a JPS, not win the tournament.  low blow.gif

Offline Squid

• Diamond
  • * > *
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 04:54:28 am »
I must admit... I started in the No-Limit rooms and soon discovered my error.  I switched over and had the badge fairly quickly.  I'm not sure why the No Limit rooms didn't give credit; I won lots of hands.  Live and Learn.  

Offline disneyland lady

• Ruby
  • Where are we going? Why are we in this handbasket?
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 09:18:28 am »
 Live and Learn.  

Sheesh, I have lived almost 70 decades so I am pretty sure that the learning part better be sooner than later.

Offline snap20

• Garnet
  • Personal Text
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 02:41:48 pm »
I must admit... I started in the No-Limit rooms and soon discovered my error.  I switched over and had the badge fairly quickly.  I'm not sure why the No Limit rooms didn't give credit; I won lots of hands.  Live and Learn. 
You only get credit in the no limit rooms if you win the whole tournament. Otherwise, no JPS.

Sheesh, I have lived almost 70 decades so I am pretty sure that the learning part better be sooner than later.
Are you a vampire!? 70 decades??  giggle2.gif

Offline disneyland lady

• Ruby
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, 06:37:16 pm »
 bat.gif

You only get credit in the no limit rooms if you win the whole tournament. Otherwise, no JPS.

Are you a vampire!? 70 decades??  giggle2.gif

Offline snap20

• Garnet
  • Personal Text

Offline snap20

• Garnet
  • Personal Text
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2015, 12:49:28 pm »
Any tips on the Monopoly slots badge? Is it just dumb luck? I played for an hour and a half yesterday by hand and didn't get a single landing on Community Chest. *sigh*

Offline Squid

• Diamond
  • * > *
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2015, 02:28:37 pm »
Any tips on the Monopoly slots badge? Is it just dumb luck? I played for an hour and a half yesterday by hand and didn't get a single landing on Community Chest. *sigh*
I know someone who played for 9 hours and didn't get a single one.  I got one in 5 minutes.  It's all luck of the roll (when you get them).

Offline C~M

• Diamond
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2015, 02:43:14 pm »

Choose 1 line instead of all lines. It limits your chances of winning and thus less animations.

Offline snap20

• Garnet
  • Personal Text
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2015, 04:59:00 pm »
I know someone who played for 9 hours and didn't get a single one.  I got one in 5 minutes.  It's all luck of the roll (when you get them).

That's...disheartening.

Choose 1 line instead of all lines. It limits your chances of winning and thus less animations.
So the dice don't have to be on that one winning line, right? Good thinking CM! Thank you!

Offline C~M

• Diamond
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2015, 05:04:18 pm »
So the dice don't have to be on that one winning line, right? Good thinking CM! Thank you!

Correct

Offline s1lentscream

• Garnet
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2015, 05:10:24 pm »
Greetings and Merry Christmas to all,

Wow this challenge had lots of negative comments.  Finally figured out to play just one coin and one line.  Why don't I Catch on sooner...is it the wine?

S1lent

Offline disneyland lady

• Ruby
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2015, 05:46:37 pm »

Wow this challenge had lots of negative comments.  Finally figured out to play just one coin and one line.  Why don't I Catch on sooner...is it the wine?

S1lent

Do you catch on to it is not polite when you do not share?    beer11.gif

Offline snap20

• Garnet
  • Personal Text
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2015, 09:56:21 pm »

S1lent
I'm stone sober and it never occurred to me until CM mentioned it...so it can't be the wine. :P

Offline Stinkerbell

• Diamond
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 08:56:37 am »
For today's daily challenge, which is the best Mahjong Escape level to play to get the unlocks?

Edited to add - Britain level 4 has 3 lock combinations and wins easily.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:04:45 am by Stinkerbell »

Offline Squid

• Diamond
  • * > *
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2016, 11:29:24 am »
For today's daily challenge, which is the best Mahjong Escape level to play to get the unlocks?
Britain level 4 has 3 lock combinations and wins easily.

Gee but you're swell, Stinky!

Offline Squid

• Diamond
  • * > *
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2016, 03:18:54 am »
This thread helped me again with the daily challenge:  use Britain level 4.  Thanks, Stinky!

Offline Stinkerbell

• Diamond
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2016, 06:58:06 am »
This thread helped me again with the daily challenge:  use Britain level 4.  Thanks, Stinky!

You're welcome!

Come on, peeps! Share those tips!!

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post. Click on the "Preview" button to access the full editor.

Your post won't be displayed until it's approved.
Don't use your real name - use an alias instead.
Name: Email: