This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

help understanding new win 10 crap.

Started by gran2x2,

Previous topic - Next topic

gran2x2

Okay...I got brave and did the windows 10 update...my pc didn't lock up...Now I have a mess and need help. My chrome bookmarks bar is gone and I dont know how to get it back. I keep getting sent back to the edge browser....Is there a way to get my old chrome stuff back or is it gone forever.also all my files in downloads is missing including all my auto cheats files...wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

C~M

First off set Chrome as default browser again.
For Bookmark Bar Do This:

If you use BW they say the same keys register the autos again.

If you logged into Chrome you should do do again and it will restore all bookmarks etc.

gran2x2

FRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no-no.gif  I  got so mad and confused I finally found system restore and went back to 8.1...Call me an old lady who hates change but I hate windows 10...couldn't find chit anywhere....

Mayhem

It took me a couple weeks to get used to Win 10 myself ... but after learning where everything is and setting everything up, I would never go back.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

LittleFawn

Windows 10 is not that hard but it does take some time to get used too. I am still learning everything.

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on March 04, 2016, 11:59:37 AM
It took me a couple weeks to get used to Win 10 myself ... but after learning where everything is and setting everything up, I would never go back.
That's a ringing endorsement.

I got my 8.1 laptop back from the manufacturer and my Win 10 was wiped out.  I'm not installing 10 again right now.  I have a question:  how do you clean a system and defrag on 8.1?  I've done some hunting unsuccessfully.

Mayhem

I've never used Win 8, but if you click on the start button and search for "disk", that should bring up "Disk Cleanup". Also, do the same for "defrag".

Edit: If you don't have a start button, 'right click' the lower-left corner of the desktop screen and a menu should pop up (and search can be found in there).

LittleFawn

You can defrag like this. Go in file explorer and then go to this pc then right click on windows c then that will bring up a dialogue box. Look in tools and the defrag is in there. That is the best way I know how to get there.

gran2x2

What really set me off was when I clicked on pictures on 10 the file was empty...all my photos were gone....same with my docs file...could not find my old stuff any where....

Squid

Thanks for the responses, everyone.  Sorry, Gran, for your W10 problems.  Just when you think you have a good handle on an OS, they go and change it!

gran2x2

I was excited that I got it to d/l and install without crashing and then I went nuts when I couldn't find all my stuff....I would like to have it but do not want to lose all my photos etc to have it...

Stinkerbell

If I upgrade to Win10, will it update my BIOS? I ask because my computer has been crashing and the code indicates an old BIOS.

Mayhem

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 20, 2016, 06:56:24 PM
If I upgrade to Win10, will it update my BIOS? I ask because my computer has been crashing and the code indicates an old BIOS.

No, it will not update your bios. You will need to visit your computers manufacturer's website to download any of those updates.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on May 20, 2016, 07:52:58 PM
No, it will not update your bios. You will need to visit your computers manufacturer's website to download any of those updates.

I tried to figure it out before, but I'm not tech savvy enough. :(

Mayhem

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 20, 2016, 08:41:21 PM
I tried to figure it out before, but I'm not tech savvy enough. :(

Send me a PM with all your computer specs and I'll do my best to find it for you.

Stinkerbell

You're a sweetheart, Ken. I'll get it to you in the next few days.

snowflower

Quote from: Mayhem on May 20, 2016, 08:55:10 PM
Send me a PM with all your computer specs and I'll do my best to find it for you.

WHAT would we all do without our own personal Techie, Mayhem???  He's the greatest!! cheesy.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview