This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Windows 10 Problems

Started by ktaylor2,

Previous topic - Next topic

ktaylor2

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I had to go in and set all my auto loaders to run as administrator. However the autos wont work. They load up just fine but when I place the cursor accordingly it wont register. Any suggestions? All help is appreciated.

Squid

Have you contacted the auto maker?  Where did you purchase your autos?  PB?  Badgewinners?

C~M

If you are talking 'loaders' this isn't the site for you.

Squid

I wasn't sure if they meant the "loader" or the purchased autos.  It might be an unfortunate choice of words.

ktaylor2

They are from badgewinners. I believe its just a problem with my settings. But for the life of me I cant figure out what it may be.

C~M

If you purchased them from BW then send her an email or look at her FAQ section.

ktaylor2

I have sent it, but no response so far. And the Faq section doesnt really answer my questions on this. They autos do the same whether its Chrome or Firefox or Torch. Thats why I think its something in one of the settings on the PC.

snowflower

What kind of anti-virus are you running? Some clash with win/10 ~ I'm told they have their own and some will clash with win/10 browser.
Along with Norton 360, I had been running one that my bank supplied that allowed my Buddy autos to run on win/7.
But when I upgraded to win/10 they stopped running.
I uninstalled it and continued with my Norton 360 without any issues.
All's well now. Hope you get it figured out, GL.

ktaylor2

I run Webroot Secure anywhere. The same as I did when I ran windows 7 with no problems.

Squid

Are you using an auto Loader or did you purchase the BW autos directly from BW?

C~M

snowflower

Quote from: snowflower on June 12, 2016, 06:31:37 PM
What kind of anti-virus are you running? Some clash with win/10 ~ I'm told they have their own and some will clash with win/10 browser.
Along with Norton 360, I had been running one that my bank supplied that allowed my Buddy autos to run on win/7.
But when I upgraded to win/10 they stopped running.
I uninstalled it and continued with my Norton 360 without any issues.
All's well now. Hope you get it figured out, GL.

I had Webroot on my computer, not even sure how it even got there ... but it was a definite problem when it came to running my Buddies.
I couldn't get rid of it but my son finally managed to get it uninstalled by using Revo Uninstaller. Not sure if this is your problem but it was one of mine. GL

ktaylor2

Ok new update. I had to do a framework update. And with turning off Webroot the autos are working again.  Does anyone know if there is a setting to allow the autos to work with Webroot still running?

S1lent

Greetings,
Let me assume you are talking about WebRoot SecureAnyWhere the anti virus program.
Do you really need WebRoot with Windows 10?  All of Windows forum sites say no additional protection is needed.
I purchased a new Dell in September.  With the McAfee anti virus installed...I ran across the same problems with the autos.  After uninstalling McAfee, all my autos ran as normal.
Only a suggestion,  I would disable not uninstall WebRoot and test it yourself.  You will be the best Judge about WebRoot.
Good Luck
Ken #2 aka S1lent

Stinkerbell

I'm running a Toshiba laptop and updated to Win10. Everything seems to be working but in 8.1 I was able to turn off the tap to click feature on the mouse pad, but when it updated it turned it back on and I can't find how to turn it off. I found the mouse settings, but I don't see that option in there, now.

ETA: Found the information here:  http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/10379-how-disable-tap-click-windows-10-a.html

On the right side of the bottom taskbar click on the NOTIFICATIONS icon, then click on ALL SETTINGS. Click on PERSONALIZATION, then THEMES. The last option under RELATED SETTINGS is MOUSE POINTER SETTINGS, select it. Then click on the last tab called DEVICE SETTINGS and again on SETTINGS. A new window will open up with the mouse pointer options. Uncheck TAPPING and you're all done.

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on July 12, 2016, 06:28:43 PM
On the right side of the bottom taskbar click on the NOTIFICATIONS icon, then click on ALL SETTINGS. Click on PERSONALIZATION, then THEMES. The last option under RELATED SETTINGS is MOUSE POINTER SETTINGS, select it. Then click on the last tab called DEVICE SETTINGS and again on SETTINGS. A new window will open up with the mouse pointer options. Uncheck TAPPING and you're all done.

What... no shuffling off to buffalo, followed by the singing of the National Anthem, with a finishing flourish of a calculus test?  Sheesh... can they make this stuff just a little harder to get to!?

Mayhem

Another way to do it is to right click the windows "Start" button > Control Panel > Mouse  tumbsup.gif
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Mayhem's got the smarts!

.... wait, I think maybe Stinky tried that and it didn't cover exactly what she needed.  I could be wrong.

Mayhem

Oh, on my machine here both instructions sent me to the same place.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on July 13, 2016, 09:33:22 AM
Another way to do it is to right click the windows "Start" button > Control Panel > Mouse  tumbsup.gif

Yeah, I tried it that way and kept getting an error message. I know it's the same destination, but the route made the difference.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview