This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Switched TinyPic for Imgur

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

I have switched the TinyPic button for a custom made Imgur upload applet (new blue "upload image" button).

TinyPic does not support HTTPS, and our forum software has to go through unnecessary extra steps in order to show them without producing "mix content" browser warnings.

If you're using TinyPic links for your avatar and/or signature, please update them with Imgur when you can. Thanks!

https://www.pogocheats.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

catfancie

Is it my imagination or does the new image uploader work a lot faster than "TinyPic". 

Squid

Quote from: catfancie on January 19, 2018, 01:39:52 AM
Is it my imagination or does the new image uploader work a lot faster than "TinyPic". 
I think it might.

I've 'imgured' my siggy but can't find my avi collection.  Will keep trying...

Mayhem

Quote from: catfancie on January 19, 2018, 01:39:52 AM

It should run a lot faster. The TinyPic uploader (which I did not create) used a lot of javascript and did some weird things.

The new uploader which I created speaks with Imgur directly. Any delays is just the uploader waiting for a response back from the Imgur servers.

Stinkerbell

Is it possible to add an upload button beside the signature box in the update profile area like the one by the avi box?  To get my new siggy link I had to go to a comment box in the forum, act like I'm going to make a post, use the upload button and then take the code back to the profile area and enter it in the siggy box there.

Mayhem

Quote from: Stinkerbell on January 19, 2018, 08:56:20 AM
Is it possible to add an upload button beside the signature box in the update profile area like the one by the avi box?  To get my new siggy link I had to go to a comment box in the forum, act like I'm going to make a post, use the upload button and then take the code back to the profile area and enter it in the siggy box there.

Yes, I could add another button. However, you can use the same "upload image" button by the avatar for your signature. It produces the same code.

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on January 19, 2018, 09:04:08 AM
Yes, I could add another button. However, you can use the same "upload image" button by the avatar for your signature. It produces the same code.
If you had a smiley that palms its own forehead, I would post that right here.  I've been doing contortions to get the siggy code.  Silly, silly me.   Thanks, Mayhem.

Mayhem

I can see where the confusion is as the button sits right in the avatar section. I only put it there so it would stand out and be easy to access.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on January 19, 2018, 09:04:08 AM

So just upload and copy the new code into the siggy section?

Mayhem

Quote from: Stinkerbell on January 19, 2018, 07:04:03 PM
So just upload and copy the new code into the siggy section?

Yes, the generated code will work anywhere  tumbsup.gif

Stinkerbell

Squid

Stinkerbell

gigi

gigi

Mayhem

Instead of changing the location of the button in the profile section, I just added some text beside it letting users know it can be used for both avatar & signature.

Mayhem

I've updated the Imgur app and added a new green "copy to clipboard" button. This is so you don't have to 'right click' the URL box and select "copy" each time.

It should work in any browser, but if you have any issues please let me know.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview