Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Windows 10 October Update

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Just a heads up!

The Windows 10 October Update is now available via Windows Update. This is the major bi-yearly update, so it's pretty much an OS reinstall.

It could take up to an hour to complete, so I wouldn't start it if you're in the middle of doing something important. Just manually checking windows update gets the ball rolling, so please be aware of that.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

KrAzY

I'm sure just more added spyware and call home features for me to gut and block again lol

Mayhem

I hear that ... It's much better this time around. They ask you 6-8 privacy questions even before booting in to windows.

Mayhem

I'm having an odd issue with this update ... If I save any file to desktop, it takes 2-4 seconds for it show up.

Anyone else having this issue?

Squid

MsMissy

I haven't updated yet either, as I thought they would let you no .

Mayhem

There has been unconfirmed reports that this update has deleted everything in the folders "This PC > Documents" and "This PC > Pictures" for some users.

Microsoft has halted the update until they can investigate this matter.

QuoteWe have paused the rollout of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) for all users as we investigate isolated reports of users missing some files after updating.

If you have checked for updates and believe you have an issue, please contact us directly at +1-800-MICROSOFT or find a local number in your area https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4051701/global-customer-service-phone-numbers.

If you have access to a different PC, please contact us at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/ (link will vary according to country of origin).

If you have manually downloaded the Windows 10 October 2018 Update installation media, please don't install it and wait until new media is available.

We will provide an update when we resume rolling out the Windows 10 October 2018 Update to customers.

Squid

Mayhem

None of my computers were effected by this. Not that it matters anyways, as I never store any of my work on the OS drive.

Squid

I back it all up, but I admit to using the OS Drive.

Mayhem

It's hard not too! They make it very convenient to save your stuff to those folders.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview