This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

"Bohemian Rhapsody"

Started by kimberb,

Previous topic - Next topic

kimberb

If you are a fan of Queen then make sure you see Bohemian Rhapsody. My brother and I saw it today and it is awesome. Make sure to bring some tissues, you may need them.

Rami Malik was incredible as Freddie and the rest of the actors looked very much like the rest of the band. Same with the Bob Geldof actor, he looked very similar to the real Bob. In case you aren't aware, the actor playing John Deacon is the same actor that was a child in the original Jurassic Park.
Kim

Mayhem

I saw the trailer a while back. They definitely got the right guy to play Freddie.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

It looks good.  Thanks for the review, Kim!  I love Queen... saw so many concerts in my younger days but never saw Queen, I'm sorry to say.

Stinkerbell

My son and his gf saw it Saturday night and really enjoyed it. You get a little story (the important parts) and lots of music. I plan to go see it soon.

kimberb

Quote from: Squid on November 05, 2018, 02:44:07 AM
It looks good.  Thanks for the review, Kim!  I love Queen... saw so many concerts in my younger days but never saw Queen, I'm sorry to say.

I saw my very first concert in '84 when I was 14. Since then I have seen some 100+ shows, unfortunately Queen was never one of them. I did watch Live Aid when it aired and was thoroughly blown away by Queen. I had massive chills while watching them perform "Radio Ga Ga" (all those people clapping in unison.) They were the best part of Live Aid. I watched from 8:20 am until 2 something AM that day (mostly on MTV).

When we saw the movie, the theater had the sound so loud you felt like you were at a concert. Usually the main sound isn't quite loud enough but this time it was a tad too loud.
Kim

Darling SilverDodger

I saw the movie yesterday, a great movie well worth seeing.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, rum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "Holy crap what a ride!"

Mayhem

Quote from: kimberb on November 05, 2018, 11:35:54 AM
I did watch Live Aid when it aired and was thoroughly blown away by Queen. I had massive chills while watching them perform "Radio Ga Ga" (all those people clapping in unison.) They were the best part of Live Aid. I watched from 8:20 am until 2 something AM that day (mostly on MTV).

I found a 25 minute clip of Queen performing at that concert for anyone that's interested. There's a lot of people crammed in that stadium ..

Squid

Mayhem

kimberb

That's the full show they did that day.

I found this today   SPOILERS for the movie if you haven't already seen it.
https://www.eonline.com/photos/25965/everything-bohemian-rhapsody-got-wrong/885154
Kim

Mayhem

Here's Freddie Mercury in Hungary in 1986. The quality of the video is amazing for being over 30 years old.

Squid

What a colorful man!  So much talent.  It was such a shame to lose him so early.

Mayhem

What surprised me about the video is that you really don't see much security when he gets off the boat.

Squid

true!  I can't imagine having that huge crowd of people screaming for me.  Unreal.

kimberb

1991 today he died. November 24, 1991 to clarify.  crying10.gif  girls18.gif  6_6.gif
Kim

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview