This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Tri-Peaks Solitaire HD : Clear 60 peaks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Microsoft Edge Update

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Microsoft Edge will be updated later this year and will use Chromium - the same technology that powers Google Chrome.

Microsoft has stated that :

Back in December, we announced our intention to adopt the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility for our customers, and less fragmentation of the web for all web developers.

Our plan is to continue working in Chromium rather than creating a parallel project. We're working directly with the teams at Google, and we're looking forward to working even more with the open source community.

https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/

----

So basically what this means is that both Edge and Chrome will behave the same way when you load websites - but the web browsers will still have their own look and feel to them.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

MsMissy

hmm  read this , but do we still have Edge. I use that browser to play Pogo. I quess will find out soon.  hi11.gif

Mayhem

Yes, we will still have the Edge browser. I personally like this move, as Chrome (for me) loads websites faster and doesn't have any rendering issues.

For example, Facebook has been really slow to load in Edge this past week - but Chrome has no issues at all.

MsMissy

Thank you mayhem for your post. Im glad Edge will be there, but if I have to ill see if I can get someone to help me with Chrome.  hi11.gif

Mayhem

Chrome is pretty easy to use, but if you need help with anything, just ask away!

MsMissy

Ok ,Mayhem if I have a problem with Chrome, ill ask you. I think you no that.  Your very kind of helping people & that's 1 of the reason I like this room.  tumbsup.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview