Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Survivor

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy_

Quote from: RoadRUNNER on August 20, 2006, 02:16:18 PM
Quote from: survivorjeff on August 20, 2006, 01:59:51 AM
September 14th is the big day for Survivor Cook Islands.  Can't wait. I'm going through survivor withdraw.

Jeff,

Where did you find that? I tried finding it & couldn't..

it is here ... http://www.survivor.com/

crazy_

found this on CNN

New 'Survivor' to group players by ethnicity 

NEW YORK (AP) -- The new season of "Survivor" will be a race among races.

At the start of the reality show's 13th edition, "Survivor: Cook Islands," 20 contestants will be organized into four tribes divided along ethnic lines -- black, white, Hispanic and Asian, CBS announced Wednesday.

The tribes, as usual, will merge later in the season, which debuts September 14, the network said.

Jeff Probst, host of the show, said the network was worried the racial divide might offend viewers.

"It's very risky because you're bringing up a topic that is a hot button," Probst told asap, The Associated Press service for younger readers. "There's a history of segregation you can't ignore. It is part of our history."

"For that, it's much safer to say, 'No, let's just stick with things the way they are. Let's don't be the network to rock the boat. Let's not have "Survivor" try something new,"' he said. "But the biases from home can't affect you. This is an equal opportunity game."

Probst said he and the "Survivor" producers wanted to bring more ethnic diversity to the competition.

"The truth is 80 percent of the people that apply are white," he said. "And television, in general, is white. So all these criticisms were valid."

On each episode of "Survivor: Cook Islands," at least one cast member will be sent to a separate island miles away from camp, where an immunity idol will be hidden. If found, this immunity idol could save a contestant from being voted off the show.

Mr. Rasputia

So when is th PogoCheats survivor? And who do we get to vote off? >>:D

crazy_

Quote from: l0c0 on August 24, 2006, 05:33:23 AM

lol we should have some kind of survivor game lmao would be a riot

Libra

This is one of two TeeVee shows I will schedule my life around.  American Idol is the second.

I'm going to be in San Francisco when it starts.   :OO

:o  I'll have my Mommy Tivo it.  :D

damian666

Somehow I bet I would be first for everyone to vote off.  :))

crazy_

Quote from: Just Effing Munkee on August 24, 2006, 06:38:20 AM

Somehow I bet I would be first for everyone to vote off.  :))

:))  :))

CindyLouWho

looks like most of the new survivors are from Ca this time...11 out of 20 & the oldest is 45.  Can't wait til it starts.   :D

jade2002

tribal council takes place on a ship this season and the first person to be voted off is a woman.

Tara

Quote from: Libra on August 24, 2006, 06:36:17 AM
This is one of two TeeVee shows I will schedule my life around.  American Idol is the second.

I'm going to be in San Francisco when it starts.   :OO

:o  I'll have my Mommy Tivo it.  :D

I can't wait till it starts either! 

CindyLouWho

Just read this a few minutes ago. Thought I'd post it here in case y'all didn't see it.   Now don't those officials know that by causing a lot of publicity will just make more people watch?  :o

NYC Officials Want New 'Survivor' Pulled

Aug 24, 9:54 PM (ET)

By SARA KUGLER

NEW YORK (AP) - As CBS prepares to launch a new season of the hit reality show "Survivor," this time featuring teams divided by race, enraged city officials are saying it promotes divisiveness and are calling for the network to reconsider.

"The idea of having a battle of the races is preposterous," City Councilman John Liu said Thursday. "How could anybody be so desperate for ratings?"

For the first portion of the 13th season of "Survivor," which premieres Sept. 14, the contestants competing for the $1 million prize while stranded on the Cook Islands in the South Pacific will be divided into four teams - blacks, Asians, Latinos and whites.

Liu, who is Asian-American, said he was launching a campaign urging CBS to pull the show because it could encourage racial division and promote negative typecasts. He and a coalition of officials, including the council's black, Latino and Asian caucus, planned to rally at City Hall on Friday.

In a statement, CBS Entertainment, which is part of New York-based CBS Corp. (CBS), defended the ethnic twist, saying it follows the show's tradition of introducing new creative elements and casting structures that reflect cultural and social issues.

"CBS fully recognizes the controversial nature of this format but has full confidence in the producers and their ability to produce the program in a responsible manner," the statement said. "'Survivor' is a program that is no stranger to controversy and has always answered its critics on the screen."

Last season, the show divided contestants into groups of older men, younger men, older women and younger women.

The show's host, Jeff Probst, said the network was aware this season's race ploy might offend viewers.

"It's very risky because you're bringing up a topic that is a hot button," he told asap, The Associated Press service for younger readers. "There's a history of segregation you can't ignore. It is part of our history.

"For that, it's much safer to say, 'No, let's just stick with things the way they are. Let's don't be the network to rock the boat. Let's not have "Survivor" try something new,'" he said. "But the biases from home can't affect you. This is an equal opportunity game."

Tara

I think their making a big mistake by dividing races. ::)

crazy_

crazy_

from what I been hearing on the news it is creating quite the "stir" now that it is out they are divided by race.. and your right cindy it will create more publicity and viewers.  But it is, I think, a very very bad choice.  Divide by age, divide by gender like before but neva neva by race

Tara

Yep, I saw it on the news also. From what I understand CBS is not pulling it. It's divided into 4 races and that's that.

hellokitty

man i love this show but i think there will be huge law suits because these ppl dont know what team they are going to be on tell there fist day and i know that if that was me the first day i would tell them to shove it and you will be hearing from my lawer im so mad that i dont think im going to watch it this year

Tara

I love this show too, but I don't like what they're doing at all.

crazy_

Quote from: Tara on August 26, 2006, 06:45:33 PM
I love this show too, but I don't like what they're doing at all.

I'm with you Tara .. I love this show, haven't missed a series yet .. but this is just plain wrong.

CindyLouWho

I'm assuming the players went ahead & played it or I'm sure we'd heard about it.  Wonder how far before they combined & made 1 tribe? I know its filmed in advanced but don't know how much.   Guess we'll know all soon enough.   :o

crazy_

Quote from: CindyLouWho on August 26, 2006, 08:56:05 PM
I'm assuming the players went ahead & played it or I'm sure we'd heard about it.  Wonder how far before they combined & made 1 tribe? I know its filmed in advanced but don't know how much.   Guess we'll know all soon enough.   :o

I do believe that by the time it gets to TV it is finished and the survivors are home watching it.  They are sworn to secrecy and can't reveal winner even if they won

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview