This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Need a new laptop.

Started by Squid,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

Has anyone heard of any good deals on a good laptop?  Mine crashed for the second time in a month and it isn't responding well to resuscitation this time.  I might have to just put it out of its misery and get a new one.  All suggestions are very appreciated.  TY.

snowflower

For me, A DELL - always and they have an excellent online site with many good deals! We have 6 Dells and they all work. The oldest desktop is approx. 14 years old, the rest are a mixed bag of laptops and desktops of variolous ages. We find them very reliable, excellent warranty (the extra tech warranty is worth every cent) if you'd want it. And if there is a problem I've always gotten to speak to an English/French speaking person located in the USA. GL with this Squiddy! Let me know how you make out.

Squid

Thanks so much for the info, Snowy.  The laptop I'm having issues with is a Dell.  It's about 7 years old, but don't hold me to that (I time warp a lot).  I had the warranty and about 1 month prior to its expiration, I had a problem.  Dell support strung me along for a month, ignoring my reports that the last "fix" did not work.  Finally they said, "sorry, your warranty expired" and wouldn't talk anymore.  I always got a rep in India and had such trouble understanding them.  I think Dell has lost this customer.

snowflower

Quote from: Squid on August 21, 2023, 04:42:39 AM
Thanks so much for the info, Snowy.  The laptop I'm having issues with is a Dell.  It's about 7 years old, but don't hold me to that (I time warp a lot).  I had the warranty and about 1 month prior to its expiration, I had a problem.  Dell support strung me along for a month, ignoring my reports that the last "fix" did not work.  Finally they said, "sorry, your warranty expired" and wouldn't talk anymore.  I always got a rep in India and had such trouble understanding them.  I think Dell has lost this customer.
Oh WOW Squiddy, this has never happened to me! I am stung to the core! So, so sorry this has happened to you when I've had nothing but good luck with them. I sure can't blame you for how you must feel.  shocked.gif  Left standing here in incredulity!!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview