This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Dice Derby

Started by Annajume,

Previous topic - Next topic

Annajume

This week for a personal challenge I have to do dice derby which is to get 600 tokens 10 times. I have played over a hundred times and have 2 so far and really hate the fact that I am dependant on that spinner instead of my own skill. Does anyone have any hints or suggestions or if anyone got theirs already how did ya do it?

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Knuckles

I went through this badge myself. But I got it.

Here advice on winning better. If this doesn't work for you, its not my fault. I got this off a different site.

1. Play on the 9-lap game, because the winner gets a 100 token bonus.

2. Use the auto for the first lap, the last lap, and any bonus lap where there are no hazards. Do not use the auto at any other time. It will give you too many hazards, and in this game, hazards = death.

3. Never try to roll for an inside straight. If you have 2-3-4-5, then you can try to roll for the 1 or 6. This is the only time you should go for it.

4. When you have a pair, keep them and roll the rest. When you have three of a kind, keep them and roll the rest. Do not keep three of a kind and one other die hoping to get a full house. Instead, try for the four of a kind.

5. A player who gets a full house every round will usually win. when you have a full house, take it. Don't keep trying to improve it. It isn't worth risking the hazard.

6. Be very careful on laps 2 and 5 in the 6-lap game and on lap 8 in the 9-lap game. You do not want to get hazards on these laps, as the subsequent laps are where you can accumulate points. In a 9-lap game, you want to avoid hazards until after the turbo boost round, which can be on any lap from 3 to 6. When being careful, rarely roll the dice more than twice after the initial roll.

7. Take more risks when you are 100 points behind the leader or more. Take fewer risks when you are the leader and 200 points ahead of the second player.

8. Alway risk a hazard on the turbo boost lap and on the final lap. You want to score as highly as possible those rounds.

Barbara

This is excellent advice and you covered all the bases!

Knuckles

Quote from: Barbara on November 14, 2004, 12:01:31 PM
This is excellent advice and you covered all the bases!

Why, Thank you, Barbara.  ;D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview