This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Jigsaw shortcut

Started by hydrox4all,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Are you stacking the pieces on top of each other? Once you have done that use the magnet and while holding down the left mouse button to pick up the pile hit the right mouse button while still holding down the left mouse button. This puts the pieces in easy order for you to connect them. O0

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Kashmir6449

Quote from: MidnightToker62 on November 11, 2004, 11:18:20 AM
To save time and too many reloads, I stack the border pieces, then stack the innies bring them down to the main board.

Leave the room, come back put everything in place. The two piles stay separate but in order.

Only one reload per puzzles if you don't want to do the border yourself.

Yer an idjit if you ain't doing this on Hard.

Hard=20 puzzles to badge.

~toker~

Just wanted to add, that there's no need to leave the room with 2 seperate piles.  Once you get both the border pieces and the inner pieces stacked in 2 piles, simply take the magnet and place one pile directly on top of the other.  THEN leave the room.  When you come back, you just connect the pieces in order from the bottom right corner to the top, all the way across the board.

Homer

Why bother reloading the game? Just stack the pieces using the magnet and leave the magnet on then hold down the left mouse key to pick up the pile then click the right mouse key and they are put in order without leaving the room. :)

joeyblow45634

I've read about all the hints for this game and they are cool.  I was wondering does anyone find the puzzles repeat them selves?  I was working on this one puzzle solved it normally like with no tips and then progressed. But if I solved three puzzles for example, then did the cheat it would take me back to the first one that i did out of those three, and lost my progress. Does any one have any advice on how to get past this. I'm really getting sick of the same puzzle every second or third game. I just want to solve case one, so I can get the other two badges also.

Lunnah

i've noticed the puzzles repeating but i've never lost any progress. :-\

beachbabe

if you click back to main you will see a matchbox that says change puzzle   the option to do that is after each puzzle you solve. or if you hit new game. good luck this should at least let you choose which puzzle you want to repeat if you havent unlocked a new one to play.

Homer

Yes the puzzles do seem to repeat frequently. :-\

Hevenleigh

i just started case #2 using this trick. it works great and I got half way through it doing the puzzles on hard from the beginnning. Then it showed me what my next puzzles was going to be, but it wasn't the same one. I left the room, came back, and i was down to about 35% from 50%. This started happening more and more frequently, I have now been knocked down from 50% or so to 35-45% about 4-5 times. This is getting very frustrating. I tried leaving after each puzzle and starting a new puzzle instead of bringing up the last one I did...this didn't work either. I tried switching to different rooms after each puzzle...this didn't work either. I saw in an earlier post that someone thought it may have to do with switching difficulty, but it doesn't because I started on hard level and never changed it.

Has anyone figured out a way to get past this?

CartmenX

I had a problem like this too
What ended up happening was when i got so far on case 2 or 3 and left the room and then came back later to finish it it reset and i had to start all over.. this happened about 4 times then i got the catch that i needed to finish it all in one shot.. took about an hour but i had breaks.. just keep the room open and work your way slowly, but listen to some music or something it will go by faster.  Thats the ONLY way that worked for me..

so basically you do it all in one shot, but do it on medium difficulty and you should be done in 20-25 puzzles or so
Goodluck  O0

Homer

I've been doing mine on medium difficulty without any problems. :) Maybe I'm just lucky. ;)

CartmenX

Yep Probably  ;) ;D

I dont know maybe it has to do with something that we cant explain .. well at least i couldnt ::)

RocknRollGirl

Quote from: Homer on November 23, 2004, 10:00:40 PM
I've been doing mine on medium difficulty without any problems. :) Maybe I'm just lucky. ;)

Mine is working just well just like yours is Homer and I used you tip and I do it in less time, but I will never get close to the time's everyone is saying they are doing it in.  But I am happy to say I finished the game and waiting on the next on to be posted.  So maybe I'm just lucky also   ;)

Homer

Once I start a puzzle I don't change any settings at all. I just wait until I'm finished. :)

Desecration

Hey thanks for the tips. it really works. I can do a Puzzle on hard in around 5 Min's.  I still have a problem with the game though. I can usually do a about 2 puzzles and then when it goes to load the next one all i get is a blank board...... so i leave the room and go back and i then loose all my progress and seem to have to start over.. I though that it might be my computer that was running slow so i did a hard drive defrag and it still messes up....

Hevenleigh

Well, I'm not sure if i figured out the problem or not, but it seems that it is related to playing on hard. When I was using the trick while playing on hard level, I would lose my progress everytime I left the room. Today I switched to medium, finished out the case and got my badge. I took a screen shot of my case progress and badge window, just in case I lost them when I left the room. I left the room, came back and OMG!!!! I still had them!!!

So I think its safe to say that if you want this trick to work without losing any progress, stay on medium level. It may not seem as fast, but I found that without having to rotate the pieces I can just connect the pieces right from the pile just by hovering the pieces over the pile. I do one row at a time, then connect the entire row to the rest of the puzzle. With this methond I can complete the puzzles in 60-75 seconds compared to 2-3 minutes on hard.

Desecration

does the organize feature still work??? it is not for me.......  :'(

RocknRollGirl

Quote from: Desecration on November 30, 2004, 10:37:30 AM
does the organize feature still work??? it is not for me....... :'(

It still works for me and I have no problem with it.  Sorry

RocknRollGirl

Quote from: RocknRollGirl on November 30, 2004, 10:49:58 AM
Quote from: Desecration on November 30, 2004, 10:37:30 AM
does the organize feature still work??? it is not for me....... :'(

It still works for me and I have no problem with it. Sorry

I am sorry but I am wrong.  I think Pogo fixed it because it does not work for my either now.  I sure hope badgehelp.com will come up with a helper soon.  HELP BADGEHELP!!!!!!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

fuzzyferrets

it gets all messed up when you try to pile them

Mayhem

Pogo fixed all the glitches this morning ... i hear a helper is on the way tho.

Might take them a little longer due to all the fixes pogo made.  >:(
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview