This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

P GAMES WONT LOAD FOR ME

Started by badcrazygirl,

Previous topic - Next topic

badcrazygirl

omg how does installing J2SE v1.4.2 gonna take geeze its still saying preparing to J2SDK components for installation  ???

Homer

If you are running programs that might be why it isn't installing. Close everything before installing. IE browsers IM etc.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

fatkid

I gotta say the whole Sun/Microsoft lawsuite over Java really busted my chaps... I'd be the last to ever pat MS on the back for a software that they created very well (PowerPoint aside), but they really outdid themselves with the MS JVM... Sun started the whole Java revolution as a means to program across multiple OS's (Java is compatible on MS/Mac OS7-X/and all the *nix releases and distros)... But damn... MS's JVM just really did a MUCH better job of running Java IMO... It's a shame they won't be able to support or update their JVM any more... So that instead means we are left with the much slower running Sun JVM... Hopefully they can start to get their act together as v1.4.3 and 1.4.4 begin to be released... And I would only assume that as J2EE becomes a much more prominent programming language (Java2 Enterprise Edition, instead of just Java), that the JVM will be going to v2.0 to include much more optimised support of Java and especially of J2EE...  As it stands now, I really don't much care for the Sun JVM, but to keep up with the progressing languages we're all being forced to move to it...

Homer

badcrazygirl

No i said forget b/c it would prob take up w/e RAM i have left i'll wait til i get more RAM for my computer hopefully next week.

Homer

Homer

Go into my computer and under system tasks click on view system information.

The general tab will tell you your system specs. Towards the bottom is the info about RAM ;)

Element

try going to the control panel and clicking on system and when its properties come up it should already be on the general tab, but if not go there and read down where it says computer

im using windows xp professional

Homer

You have enough ram for sun java. It only requires 32mb and you have 128mb. I would try re-installing it. Make sure all programs are closed prior to installation.

badcrazygirl

but all of my programs where closed last time and it still didnt do it

Homer

Element

Quote from: darkearthgoddess on February 15, 2004, 01:04:06 PM
Quote from: darkearthgoddess on February 15, 2004, 12:58:38 PM
it said 128MB of RAM
But i think thats the original RAM though

ya, your right that is only the orginal ram, i dont think that you can find out how much ram you have left, only the orginal amount

badcrazygirl

Okay i've had it running for an over an hour and 30 mins now and it still saying preparing J2SDK components for insatllation please wait....

Homer

Something must be wrong with your pc. Are you sure everything is turned off?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview