This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Rationalize it or not....it's against the rules

Started by MidnightToker62,

Previous topic - Next topic

MidnightToker62

This is mostly a rant but feel free to throw in your opinion.

Was lurking around a "anti-helper" message board earlier. There was a whole thread about the Word Jong glitch and how they all took advantage of it and got all their badges. These are the same people that do not "allow" any talk of autos or cheating on their boards. Guess what people?????

You will not exploit any bug in the Service or in any EA product to gain unfair advantage in the game and you will not communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service. ·

Straight out of Pogo TOS...no chit.

There is also many tips on double browsing. Again:

Use of Machines, Computers, Scripts.
The use of machines, computers, scripts or any automated system on EA Online is strictly prohibited and may result in criminal liability under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, Section 1030 of the United States Code. You may only play EA Online games with one type, version or copy of browsing software application at any one time. EA may terminate and permanently disqualify any Members who, in its sole discretion, determines as being in violation of these Terms of Service. All decisions by EA are final.

Cheating is cheating. Just because it's not an auto or a macro. You are still breaking the rules.

Rationalize it any way you want it's all the same in the end.

I did quite an autopsy on the TOS.

You can use a dictionary, that seems to be allowed. Applicable only in word games by the way.You could probably make your own cheat sheet. I see there is one for sale on Ebay.....LOL
If you're really quick, you could probably use a calculator too. I guess that would be okay.

But anyway, I digress. All you people over on that "clean" board (which by the way I know you guys read the tips over here and run back to tell all your squeaky little buddies what you "just discovered") YOU ARE CHEATING SAME AS US !!!!!

We just keep it real.

~toker~

Kelly

You are soooo right Midnight and Barb.

I think the biggest problem these people have is someone winning a jp while using an auto or glitch...whatever.

I've said this before and I'll say it again....winning any amount of money on pogo..IS NOT GONNA CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!
So play the games collect those badges and tokens and HAVE FUN!!

Why can't people live and let live???

A mystery I will ponder til the day I expire.....lol.

Kelly

Quote from: Barbara on January 02, 2005, 09:06:18 PM
Please do not ever expire, I do love ya so.   :)
Awwwww thanks Barb i'll try not to....love ya too ;D

MidnightToker62

Barb...shouldn't get out of hand. All opinions are welcome, just don't be ignorant and whack peeps over the head with your own and it's usually fine.

It is a fine line I agree. I myself:

use autos, macros and helpers.

would never mess with my java files (or any other)

have never had someone else get my badge for me

took great advantage of the Jigsaw glitch (Good Lord I miss that one!)

did not use the Word Jong glitch although I encouraged my husband to use it and get the first 2 badges which otherwise he's never gonna get cuz he hates the game and doesn't play it.

It's all individual and what you feel comfortable with.

I don't use anything to get tokens (they are worthless unless Pogo opens a bar I can redeem them at).
I don't use anything in hopes of winning the JP as I don't need the money or a raggedy old Pogo hat.

I will confess I have never run an auto overnight or anytime I am not at home to check on it. Still a little paranoid there.

So this could be an interesting topic.

Where do you draw your line?

~toker~

Commander_Powell

Basically, that Pogo TOS is a big load of mumbo-jumbo that says they can ban you for ANY reason or NO reason at all.

However.... It seems to me that they better be careful, because, last time I checked, a company that accepts money for a service and then doesn't perform that service has to answer for it.

If they accept my money and then, for whatever reason, decide that I've done something wrong, they're gonna have to come up with something better than 'Pogo says so' as proof.  It's not gonna fly in a court of law...

Metalli-Chick

This is how i see it.... When i am cheating is it hurting anyone or stealing form anyoen or is it gonna make someone cry their eyes out and make me feel bad??? nope so lets all cheat then WOOO HOOO!! O0 O0 O0 O0 >:D O0 O0 O0 O0

Jeffer

Not that anyone asked for MHO, but  ::)

I don't play for money. The only drawing I have entered was to benefit the charity.  I have no intent of defrauding POGO or any of it's customers in any monetary form.  I pay for the service that I get.

In short I enjoy playing many of their games.  I love playing Poker, although since it's not for real money, I get a little too cavelier with my tokens...  Not stupidly aggressive, I just usually stay in longer than is prudent.  And despite my rational mind telling me that it's silly, I've become a badge monger...

So I use some programs to regenerate tokens I lose in poker.   I have bought a few to gain badges for games that are boring to me.  And I'm not against using a glitch to gain a badge, although I do believe you should normally use your own skills if you can.  That's the extent of my "cheating".

Honestly, if POGO would like I would love to sign a disclaimer giving up any further right to any monetary prize in return for not being bugged regarding my play.  To me that would be fair.  Winning a prize seems more of a possible hassle to me than just winning tokens and badges.

I know we are all unique and all have slightly different objectives and desires.  But I doubt that many people on this board have views too far from mine...

Kelly

summertime2203

I just like to play and win the badges. It does not matter to me who uses the autos or the glitches. I have never won a prize except wallpaper or a screen saver. I don't use them. I would faint over if I won a big prize. Just let people play the way they want to. Enjoy the game and have fun. I do.

drgnwrrr4onyx

:-\ tough catagory but i said it before and i stay firm on it worrry about your game only when people start stat snooping that is how this sh@tstorm of people getting reported and blocked gets started ...... if we all pay for club memberships they why worrry that someone has a badge a lil faster than you? As far as i see it everyone knows that alot of ppl used the glitch.... big deal its pogo's error that enabled us to do that ...... i havent seen anyone get blocked for it yet..... however i personally HAVE been blocked by people snooping in my stats.... quit worrrying about others and take care of yourself  :P

pogo_vixen

People snooping in your stats to get you blocked is akin to people watching you go to the bathroom.. RUDE, NOSEY and just plain WRONG.  :o
~vixen~

Moksha

I've ran acrossed a few people who were obviously cheating. Most of them were out of sheer curiosity because they either - dominate the high score list, or in the flashy games if their names constantly pop up. Or if they have a badge that I've never seen before.

pogo_vixen

Quote from: Moksha on January 04, 2005, 01:07:56 PM
I've ran acrossed a few people who were obviously cheating. Most of them were out of sheer curiosity because they either - dominate the high score list, or in the flashy games if their names constantly pop up. Or if they have a badge that I've never seen before.

Yeah but I bet you didn't look at their stats will the express purpose of getting them banned.. That's what I meant by my previous comment..Sorry for the misunderstanding..  :)

~vixen~

Moksha

Quote from: pogo_vixen on January 04, 2005, 01:34:22 PM
Yeah but I bet you didn't look at their stats will the express purpose of getting them banned.. That's what I meant by my previous comment..Sorry for the misunderstanding..  :)

~vixen~

Nope :). I don't even report people, if they want to cheat that's their business, not mine :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview