Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

HTML editor

Started by kotraquin,

Previous topic - Next topic

kotraquin

I'm thinking of making my own personal site
and I'd like to know about getting a free HTML editor. Also sites that would host personal webpages

JeffCoKid

The Editors I use are... notepad (which is already on your computer unless you deleted it) Coffee Cup HTML Editor... and I use Macormedia Dreamweaver MX 2004 for more than just HTML editing.... it is good for php, js, asp, apx, css.... the list goes on. Coffee Cup is also an editor for more than HTML as well.

I will host personal sites...

Homer

If your have never written HTML code I suggest you use a web template. You can do a google search for this. Also check with your ISP. Some internet providers offers premade templates for personal pages and free hosting. Mine does. ;D

Here's a site to check out. It's #1 on the google hit list.

http://www.freesitetemplates.com/

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

kotraquin

Quote from: John on February 14, 2004, 07:26:59 AM
If your have never written HTML code I suggest you use a web template. You can do a google search for this. Also check with your ISP. Some internet providers offers premade templates for personal pages and free hosting. Mine does. ;D

Here's a site to check out. It's #1 on the google hit list.

http://www.freesitetemplates.com/

I checked and my isp has free hosting up to 10 mb but it uses your email name as in www.myisp.com/emailname/html. I know a little bit about simple html codes. will post more when I learn more thanks btw heart smileys ROCK!! :D

Homer

Zymic

I do host things for free,

as much space as you need, php mysql and all of that....

cpanel if you're lucky with fantasical

kotraquin

Homer

MySQL - MySQL is a type of SQL database management featured in Thelix hosting plans. A database is an organized collection of information that a computer uses to select and display data. Databases can help organize and enhance your site content.

PHP - Self-referentially short for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor, an open source, server-side, HTML embedded scripting language used to create dynamic Web pages. ;D

kotraquin

admin

WCSchools has some pretty good html tutorials. If you want to learn it, that might be a good place to start.

kotraquin

ok thanks will try to read as much as i can

fatkid

I would suggest Macromedia Dreamweaver if you have the $... Great WYSIWYG editor (what you see is what you get) and hard code editor as well... Like Jeff mentioned too, it has added support for editing PHP, JavaScript, CSS, ASP, and possible even .net, but I'm not sure about that right now...  It's got a pretty simple layout for even the newbie of the newbies to use, but can go into HARDCORE advance coding for your websites... If you go the Dreamweaver route I would suggest buying a Dreamweaver bible to go along with it, to help teach you the program as you go...

I've also been told, though never tried, that MS Frontpage XP and 2003 are very good HTML editors... Frontpage is even easier than Dreamweaver or hard coding because it uses things know as Frontpage extensions... Instead of having to code something in PHP like Jeff and I were working on to get a form to mail using PHP, you just hit one button in Frontpage, and using it's extensions it makes sending that form a 2 step process... Only problem is your server has to support Frontpage extensions... ALL servers should support PHP for free... Not all support Frontpage, and some that do make you purchase a premium account to be able to use the extension...  :-[ ... I think they do that to cover the cost of having the ability to provide Frontpage extensions... Though PHP is free (to the best of my knowledge)...

kotraquin

I heard dreamweaver is great... right now I'm just trying  different ideas..I've seen enough of other people personal pages on NOT what to do IMHO... to cluttered, large fonts,loud color scheme .ect

JeffCoKid

I have have frontpage Fatkid.... I just never knew about the extensions and whatnot.... my site has frontpage extensions enabled... I just havent really had the time to mess around with frontpage...

And instead of buying the bibles for computer programs... Dummies books work really well. I have one for creating web pages (which I dont even look at anymore... used it for a week last year to learn and just let it lay) and two weeks ago, I bought slightly used books... ASP, Dreamweaver and Flash for Dummies.

But a great HTML editor, as well as FrontPage and Dreamweaver, is Coffee Cup HTML Editor. Talk to me if you have any questions. We can work around buying the programs heh.

Speaking of websites.... I need to go change the color scheme in mine between today and tomorrow...

Take it easy everyone.

kotraquin

fatkid

I hope you don't mean warez of any sorts... They don't much appriciate that kind of talk on these boards...  Don't want to get booted...  ;)

JeffCoKid

Not talking about warez. I have legal registered versions that my friend sends me. He buys them and then sends them along to his good friend, MOI!!   ;D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview