This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Taco Bell

Started by kotraquin,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Element

Homer

Whatever happened to the Taco bell dog?

Hope he didn't wind up in your chulupa. j/k ;)

Element

maybe he got caught <edited by John for content>LOL

KittyKat

Element

Quote from: Notel on February 17, 2004, 08:29:49 PM
maybe he got caught <edited by John for content>LOL

what... ??? was that too R rated for this PG board john lol j/k you know it is only a plant  ;D

fatkid

Wait... was that going along the same lines as the kid that used to work for Dell?  Dude, you're gonna get a Dell...  Nope, dude... You are getting probation... For possession...  ::)

Element

ya thats pretty much the point i was going for fatkid

fatkid

Look at that... John goes from Global Moderator to Admin and now look at his blatant abuse of power  ;)

And if time travel were possible, the people from the future would exist in another demension... One exactly as ours, but with them (time traveler) in it... Because as soon as time travel was initiated all of time as we know it would go into a single state... Present... There would be no past or future... Along the same lines, that Present would consist of multiple demensions... Because when you leave the current Present, you in essence would split the time line into two seperate demensions... Think of it as a worm splitting itself into two... From there you go into the past/(Present) and there is now a past/(Present) that is occuring with you in it... BUT... when you were growing up that past/(Present) never occured... Elsewise you could read about yourself becoming the first ever man to travel to the past (so then where are you mentioned??)... So you have now entered the second demension that you created by time travel...  In this demension you are a time traveler (whether or not any one wants to believe) and can effect the future by whatever means your changes my create... And when you return to the original Present you will be in a completely new Present, that has been affected by all changes you created in the past/(Present)... Now this begs the questions... What would happen if you made such changes that caused you to never be born??? Well that's easy... In your new Present you wouldn't have been born... But you as a breathing, flesh, and bone person, are still tangible... In one demension you would exist (birth record, social security card, etc etc etc)... But in the demension (new/Present) where you caused changes to never exist as a person, there would be no record of you...  

The real doosey is can you ever return to your demention and exist as if nothing had ever happened??

All right I really gotta lay off... Dude... I'm starting to boggle my own mind...  ;) I could really go on and on and on, on this topic for hours... The time/space continuum is a real trip and a half... Stephen Hawking is a real master of this -ish...  His books can really send you on a spin...  :o

This is what happens when you Eat Late... At Club Chaluppa...

Element

deffinatly some good points there   ;) but how do you know, how do you know that by going back into time that it would split demisions i mean ya its the most logical way that you would think that it would happen, but going back in time itself isnt even logical. Time travel is just another mystery that we cant explain or understand because thats exactly what time travel is, a mystery. that only answer i want is if its possible  

fatkid

Check out the books by Stephen Hawking, they can help explain and give GREAT insight into topics such as this... Hawking was one of the original scientists to form the idea of a big bang theory for creation... When he was introducing his theory it was met by most in his field w/ a lot of skepticism... He hits on topics concerning the big bang, the expansion of the universe, black holes (and how time travel relates to black holes)....

A Brief History of Time - Stephen Hawking
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0553380168/qid=1077116706//ref=pd_ka_1/002-2965800-6663220?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

The Theory of Everything: The Origin and Fate of the Universe - Stephen Hawking
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1893224546/ref=pd_sim_books_1/002-2965800-6663220?v=glance&s=books

The Universe in a Nutshell - Stephen Hawking
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/055380202X/ref=pd_bxgy_text_1/002-2965800-6663220?v=glance&s=books&st=*

I would suggest The Universe in a Nutshell... It's the most difficult read out of all of the following books, but Hawking hits on some of the most complicated and deep ideas that he has been dealing with...

My ideas of the space/time continuum come mainly from the ideas of Stephen Hawking... What he does is point out the mathematical truthfulness of his theories, and then goes through line by line, explaining in as plain of English as possible, how it is exactly that his theory can hold true...

And, I didn't consider that my way of thinking about the space/time continuum was the most logical... ;D I figured most people still went with the whole Back to the Future approach, that you can effect things in your present but still in the end make it back to the original present time with everything falling back into it's place...  :) ... Time travel in and of it self is perfectly logical (at least I don't presuppose it to be illogical), but when you really delve into it, the can of worms you wind up opening can be completely mind boggling (though I am hesitant to say illogical; illogical would be to say causality no longer as any kind of effect on any matter ever again...  The notion that cause has no effect, that is illogical; but all the parts for time travel, and the notions of the space/time continuum are there, and mathematically equal up... But I guess the real problem is that the proof is in the pudding... And no one has been able to see the pudding...

I just typed this after only getting 2 hours of sleep before work and classes, so if it stubbles or seems to fall off somewhere, just bare with me...  :)

*yawn*

admin

I never would have thought a "taco bell" discussion could get into something so deep.. ;)

This is a very, very complex topic and it's not easy to find a site that explains it enough for a normal person to get the grasp of it. http://kosmoi.com/Science/Physics/Relativity/tprel1.shtml provides a pretty good explination of Special Relaticity and time dialation. I can't say a fully understsand it all, but it is very intresting. Definently leaves you wondering.

Element

anybody seen solaris?, :-\ it was ok but its kinda weird. it deals with life and death, but the thing i dont like about it is that its all based in outer space and it deals with george cloney's girlfriend or wife. i think its worth seeing at least once thou.  ;)

fatkid

Oh my... PCheats said the TD word (time dialation)...  :-X Just gonna shut up... Sit back... And not said a word... I've written long responces before (3 plus pages in MS word) on this site... But for TD I could start writting off on a 20 plus page document to explain the incomprehensible... TD just doesn't seem to make sense... But when the math is all said and done it works out perfectly...

As for Solaris I've heard it wasn't that great... I like K-Pax a lot more... Though I like Kevin Spacey and the stuff he does...

fatkid

Worst part about all of time dialation and special relativity is that it (as current mechanics allow) can only remain a theory... Currently there is no way to prove any of it as Einstein's theory also states that it is impossible for any matter to accelerate itself to the speed of light...

One other interesting recent discovery was that scientists were able to freeze light... The most odd part of the discovery was that after the light beam was unfrozen it continued and moved in the exact same direction and speed as before (the applications for this in quantum computing is limitless)... Crazy crazy -ish...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3308109.stm

Homer

Sorry people, my author of the moment is Dan Brown. I just finished Angels & Demons and now I'm reading The DaVinci Code. ;D

fatkid

On the go I always listen to audio books... (my sony cd player also supports mp3s)... And so I just burn a whole books worth of mp3s onto 1 cd and then hit the road... Just got done with Dan Browns Digital Fortress audio book... Read the DaVinci Code like 2 months ago or so... Pretty cool book... Even cooler folklore behind the idea for the book...

Homer

Didn't get DF yet but plan to. Angels & Demons was a magnificent read. I could feel the history reaching out and pulling me back in.

kotraquin

I'm suprized you didn't bring up String Theory Fatkid

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview