Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Taco Bell

Started by kotraquin,

Previous topic - Next topic

Element

Quote from: fatkid on February 18, 2004, 07:27:53 AM
Check out the books by Stephen Hawking, they can help explain and give GREAT insight into topics such as this... Hawking was one of the original scientists to form the idea of a big bang theory for creation... When he was introducing his theory it was met by most in his field w/ a lot of skepticism... He hits on topics concerning the big bang, the expansion of the universe, black holes (and how time travel relates to black holes)....

A Brief History of Time - Stephen Hawking
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0553380168/qid=1077116706//ref=pd_ka_1/002-2965800-6663220?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

The Theory of Everything: The Origin and Fate of the Universe - Stephen Hawking
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1893224546/ref=pd_sim_books_1/002-2965800-6663220?v=glance&s=books

The Universe in a Nutshell - Stephen Hawking
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/055380202X/ref=pd_bxgy_text_1/002-2965800-6663220?v=glance&s=books&st=*

I would suggest The Universe in a Nutshell... It's the most difficult read out of all of the following books, but Hawking hits on some of the most complicated and deep ideas that he has been dealing with...

My ideas of the space/time continuum come mainly from the ideas of Stephen Hawking... What he does is point out the mathematical truthfulness of his theories, and then goes through line by line, explaining in as plain of English as possible, how it is exactly that his theory can hold true...

And, I didn't consider that my way of thinking about the space/time continuum was the most logical... ;D I figured most people still went with the whole Back to the Future approach, that you can effect things in your present but still in the end make it back to the original present time with everything falling back into it's place...  :) ... Time travel in and of it self is perfectly logical (at least I don't presuppose it to be illogical), but when you really delve into it, the can of worms you wind up opening can be completely mind boggling (though I am hesitant to say illogical; illogical would be to say causality no longer as any kind of effect on any matter ever again...  The notion that cause has no effect, that is illogical; but all the parts for time travel, and the notions of the space/time continuum are there, and mathematically equal up... But I guess the real problem is that the proof is in the pudding... And no one has been able to see the pudding...

I just typed this after only getting 2 hours of sleep before work and classes, so if it stubbles or seems to fall off somewhere, just bare with me...  :)

*yawn*

i checked out "the universe in a nutshell" from the library and im gonna start reading it or im gonna try and start reading it i should say ;D

badcrazygirl

Settin on the top of the bell wasting my time on the bell anyway i forgot the rest lol

Element

i took up every single character i had for my signature ;D

<there was somthing wrong with it though it wouldnt let me go down to 0 characters, the lowest i could go was 8? otherwise it took characters off my sig..>

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview