This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

The Squawk List

Started by Thadius856,

Previous topic - Next topic

Thadius856

In aviation, the squawk list is a sheet that pilots fill out after every flight. If there are mechanical aspects of the airplane that need to be checked by a mechanic, it is where you would write them (and expect them to be fixed). Well, this is my Squawk List for Autos. These are things that I, personally, would like to see programmed because I just can't justify spending money on software unless it's basically flawless. By no means do I intend this to be rude toward any of the programmers, as they do a great jorb. There's just a few things that I would like to bring to light, in case they don't already know about them.

SneakyTiki v2.0.2 for Jungle Gin
There should be an option to always wait to knock until gin and also an option that lets you knock as soon as possible (10 or less deadwood).

SpadeMaid v1.0.2 for Spades
An option to let you always bid nil or blind nil would make many badges go much, much faster.

Mahjong-o-Matic Beta 2 Version 1.0 for Mahjong Garden
How about an option to let us always match the seasons? Also, if two of the same tile are side by side and at the same vertical height, the auto doesn't see them as a viable strategy, since one is usually unclickable until you put the first one in a free cell. Make any sense? I hope so. However, if both are clickable because one is at a different height, the auto notices. Can this be fixed?

Rackem Up for High Stakes Pool[/b]
Is it possible to have the darn thing update without using click the button somehow, or at least have it able to alt-tab us back to the playing screen so we don't have to click before we fine-tune with the keyboard?

Flinkin Pharaoh Version 1.0 for Phlinx[/b]
This auto needs to be awesome in order to make up for the high lameness of the game and horrid times it takes to get higher ranks. :P How about a version that doesn't take up loads of memory and have a really high CPU usage? If Mahjong-o-Matic can interpret all those graphic tiles with so little effort, why can't Flinkin Pharaoh? Or maybe the lag is just me...

MatchMaker v1.1.1 for Perfect Pair Solitaire[/b]
The AI seems pretty dull compared to other autos. It doesn't seem to plan ahead of time at all (like WordJong looks ahead), playing the cards at random. It has a dismal win % rate.

DiceDemon 1.0 for Dice Derby[/b]
How about a speed setting? The thing tries to overload my computer every time.

Any other auto which I haven't mentioned here must be pretty good if I couldn't find anything to gripe about, or I haven't had the pleasure of using them. Note that I haven't yet posted about my technical problems -- Mahjong Garden, Jigsaw Detector, and MoleMiner are giving me a pain in the rear.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview