PlayBuddy
April 28, 2024, 06:37:55 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Just wondering how the rest of you feel about this...

Started by princess,

Previous topic - Next topic

princess

This is an email I just sent to Pogo.

"Are there any plans to ever "retire" some of the badges?  I have been a member since day one of Club Pogo and would really like to see some of the older or harder-to-get badges retired so that they aren't available to win anymore.  It would make them almost like collectors items.  Or even better, are there any plans to ever stop the personal challenge option?  Not that I have sour grapes but I think there should be some advantages to being a member of Club Pogo longer than others such as being able to have badges that are not available to be won by newer members."

Do any of you agree with this?  Or am I a minority in this thinking?  Just wondering how everone else feels...

LadyMystik

I disagree (sorry!).

I've been a Club Pogo member almost since the begining, but there was a period of time where I had no internet acccess and missed some of the weekly challenges. I came back to Club Pogo (even though I was paying for it the entire time), and I'm still trying to make up all of the challenges.

Maybe not the greatest reason ever, but I have been paying for CP for a VERY long time, and for them to say that I'm SOL because I went through a hard period of time would REALLY piss me off.

JMHO, tho.  O0

irisheyesRsmiling

I disagree as well about this, I think ALL club pogo members should have the chance to catch up with any of the badges 2003-2005, it's only fair since we are paying for it and most people pay to play on club pogo to win the badges, u take that away and there is no sense in being a member, just my thoughts :o

RiceBaby

I totally disagree with you.  I only joined because I enjoy getting the badges.  Besides, there are "retired" badges.  There a few special edition badges I'll never have because I wasn't a member when they were offered. 

kazandchip

No I would not like to see badges retired. I had a 4 month period with no internet access and I love trying to catch up

Janadra

I too have been a Club Pogo member since Day 1 and disagree.  Who cares if people catch up?  They are simple jpgs and gifs floating in space, not actual trophies.  Don't get me wrong, I am not flaming or putting anyone down, but I just don't understand why it seems that sometimes the whole idea behind badges gets blown out of proportion.  They are useless gestures of useless feats.  I may get tickeld for one small moment when I get one, but after that it is not life-altering and will not help me take care of my family, nor advance my position at work, or increase my self-image.  Why in the world would I care if someone else got all of the same ones I have?  Good for them!

hellokitty

i did not get my cp tell the first week of jan 2004 i disagree as well cause i wanted cp since the first day but had no credit card or even a checking acc i finilly found a friend that would do it for me if i  gave them the cash i did that and now i have cc and a checking account i was so mad i could not start as soon as it came out and i am glad i can get those badges now thats how i fell

fuzzyferrets

who cares why would you like to retirethe badges. they are just stupid little pictures that have no value

Betty Boop

no retiring of badges .......alot of people join Pogo everyday...why should they be denied a chance to get the badges we have....no reason to deny them because they just "found" Pogo or just got a computer or lost their internet or whatever reason they were not around to win them the first time....I know i missed alot cause I was unsure in the beginning how to play alot of the games and this was also long before i found badgehelp as well.....besides we have the super badges that are "retired" after their challenge

homelessdog

Sounds like a good way to piss off a lot of people and loose a lot of new business.  Yeah, I don't think it's going to happen. 

Th1CheatsPogo2

Well i do feel that the badges should be retired but then again the old badges is what made club pogo fun and a challagen.  I mean the badges have been there for what 2years and so what if they are retired yall had the chance to get em'. However many prople might be pissed off to see them be retired. so i dunno what to say. :-\

-Brad

BeetahCheetah

I'm totally against it.. and that's all i have to say about this before i get upset.

princess

Well, I thank you all for your responses and for not flaming me too bad!  I guess I am a minority for sure then!  Although I do feel some of you have valid points!  Thanks again!

Betty Boop

everyone is entitled to their opinion princess, and even though we dont agree i certainly do respect yours, that's why we live in the great USA....have a great day O0

philinuk

i dont live in the usa lol i live in the uk,and i respect everyone O0
the thing i love about pogo is you can come online and leave the world behind you,you meet people from all over the world,from all different backgrounds and cultures.its a great place to  come and leave your troubles behind and i love the interaction on this site as well,all u guys r great O0

Betty Boop

good for you Phil, and I always love chatting with my neighbors across the pond

Helen

I think the badges should be left as is but I do feel the super badges should remain "retired".

philinuk

i forgot to mention that i have been a pogo member for nearly a year,and i know i have missed out on several super badges,but it doesnt bother me,with the games ever expanding and additional games being added,there are several more badges to go for every single week,super badges are just a bonus.when i 1st joined i was glad of the opportunity of being able to start from scratch and being able to win badges from 2003.when it comes to wednesday its great to be able to pick out a new challenge each week and work hard to complete it,even though some of the games are tedious like greenback bayou and dice derby.ive recommended several people to join club pogo,and its great to know that they can go for every challenge badge ever released except for super badges.OK badges dont change yr life but there is a sense of achievement getting them,even though some of them we all get with a little help with our autos.with more and more games being released theres even more to play for.i for one was glad of the chance to win previous badges and i think it would be very unwise if pogo ever made the decision

RocknRollGirl

As a person who was deathly sick for over 2 1/2 weeks and could not win the latest Super Badge, I am sorry to say I wish they would give you another chance to win the Super Badge.  There are so many things that happen to people who can not get to there computer, but who love to win all of the badges.  I am one of them and I know most of you think it should be a one time thing to win the Super Badges, but I think they should at least give you the chance to earn it again.  Maybe make it really hard for us to win it, but at least we would have a second chance at winning the Super Badge.  Sorry, it just the way I feel.
Bree

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview