PlayBuddy
April 29, 2024, 12:51:19 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Just wondering how the rest of you feel about this...

Started by princess,

Previous topic - Next topic

Cretick

I doubt they'd implement it, but I think it'd be great if you could win the old special badges at a random point. Let's just say... rank 17 in Tri-Peaks... all of a sudden, a window pops up saying you've won the old special badge (if you didn't have it). Wouldn't that just make your day?  ;)

Kelly

Quote from: RocknRollGirl on March 06, 2005, 10:15:47 PM
As a person who was deathly sick for over 2 1/2 weeks and could not win the latest Super Badge, I am sorry to say I wish they would give you another chance to win the Super Badge.  There are so many things that happen to people who can not get to there computer, but who love to win all of the badges.  I am one of them and I know most of you think it should be a one time thing to win the Super Badges, but I think they should at least give you the chance to earn it again.  Maybe make it really hard for us to win it, but at least we would have a second chance at winning the Super Badge.  Sorry, it just the way I feel.
Bree

I kinda like that idea Bree....wish I had a say in it but I don't...would be nice for folks who just couldn't get them to get a second chance.

RocknRollGirl

Thank you both, I really appreciate what you said about the Super Badges and I think Pogo should find a way for us to get a second chance if we could not win it at the time it was offered.
Thanks,
Bree :)

Adacia

Kelly

There are lots of points of veiw on this subject and I can actually SEE how everyone of them feel good points made on each side......sorry you had a rough go of it Barb in the beginning...man pogo has come a long way.Guess they will have the final say in the whole thing.Me personally I get the badges I get if I feel like getting them.I can completely understand where you are coming from though.It will be interesting to see what pogo does...one thing for certain it will cause some controversy.....

Adacia

Ahhh the good old days of pogo. Whether they offer these badges in future or not, there will never be another pogo 2003  O0

Adacia

hmmm...well I was not blessed with a sweet tooth, though the men and bloody mary sound like heaven. :o  I better make it virgin mary though or even the non attractive men will start to look good >:D

Kelly

Sounds like a plan to me....give me directions....just got the piece of crap Jimmy back from the garage...lol.Thank goodness it is not making that horrid noise anymore....well til it decides to start making a new one ....lol.

Janadra

I'm sorry that you experienced that.  I never had anyone say anything negative about my icons, as a matter of fact, most people were inquisitive.  The worst thing I ever heard were perplexed statements of, "I will never pay," which bothered me not at all, as I could give a squat less who thinks what about my choices.  And if it did, the mute button or "chat off" option would have been instantaneous.

There are a few things though, I would like to point out.  First of all, I don't think the various glitches, autos, etc... has anything to do with "the difficulty of being one of the first."  Sure some of the games were choppy and had minds of their own, (you should have tried beta testing!  If you think the first days were bad....that was HELL!)  but they are online games, with no guarantee that particular one will be up to par all day.  And not all people use glitches, nor autos.  The availability of such has no good stance as an argument here.  I am one of the people who did not use the Word Jong glitch, for the simple fact that I knew, down the line, it would get to me, and I would clear the stats and do it the hard way, just like I did in Bingo.

I see the point of view, but I still don't agree with it, as I remain in the mindset that they are just worthless icons that represent my choice of usage of freetime. 

princess

hellokitty

lol man i still get ppl telling me to go to a club room and why u pay for that thats dumb so u know what i do i send them a guess pass i put them in my friends list and guess what they would join i email them asking why they pay they say well club pogo is sooo addi

Janadra

I didn't use the Golf glitch...I worked for a week non stop to get that badge.  I don't use the Word whomp trick either.  I wasn't disagreeing that people who use those get the badges faster, because obviously they do.  What I am saying though is that the way you worded it made it sound as if the entire user population of Club Pogo uses these things, and that is not true.  Going by what you stated earlier, it sounded as if you felt that EVERYONE who is newer to the subscription service has an advantage over those of us who have been around since the get-go.  Not so.  There are still many, many people who don't use help sites, autos, glitches, etc... and still many of us who may read about these things, but don't use them.

Tazzy

Quote from: BarbaraFor those who joined in July of 2003, it was not easy for us.  People actually shunned us and called us "idiots" for paying for what they had for free.  The badge icons were a source of resentment and we were told to "go play in your club rooms."  Sometimes we hid our icons to blend in and not have to listen to people heckle us.

I remember those days.  I got called worse names than "idiot" for showing off my Club Pogo badge so I hid mine too.  Then folks were wondering why my name was at the top of the list.  I told them it was a glitch.  :)  I missed out on a whole bunch of badges in the beginning simply because they were too hard.  And being hard was what made them fun.  Earning (and you really did earn it) a badge was really a source of pride, and you really felt like you accomplished something and now there was proof of it.  The badges now are really too easy and most don't need an auto to complete.  Getting set back on WWW was just a fact of the game.  You accepted it and moved on while grinding your teeth and cussing under your breath.  My first badge won was for Dice Derby where you had to win 10,000 tokens in a week.  (It never occured to me that playing a 9-lap game would give more tokens than a 6-lap, or that by playing at work I'd get more tokens.  Knowledge comes with experience..   ::) ) 

I don't want any badges to be retired, but I would like to see them become challenging again.  I don't like that badges can be won in an hour.  Those old badges took 4 or 5 days to get....as they should.

BigByrd

Quote from: Barbara on March 07, 2005, 06:48:26 AM
There are a few things though, I would like to point out.  First of all, I don't think the various glitches, autos, etc... has anything to do with "the difficulty of being one of the first..."

Jandra,
     I was not aware of the "don't munch the last carrot" trick.  I was not aware of the golf glitch at the time.  Do you think any one of us at first thought to stand and sit elsewhere if we didn't like the hand the bot dealt us in cards? 

Gee,  Where have I've been.  I've been a member of club pogo since Day 1 and don't know about any of these thing, I must have my head stuck in a paper bag all the time.  LOL.  If I'm playing WWW you would know I'm cheating cause I hate timers, and I can't even get the club to swing in golf. 

Janadra

I wasn't "arguing" either.  Since you took the side of devil's advocate, I was just debating it, is all....don't take it to heart.  The interpretation came from this...
QuoteThere are great autos, hints and glitches that progress you faster than we got to progress.
All I was stating was the opposite of what you were.  Steroids make better athletes, and are available, but not all of them use them.  Does that mean that all athletes of today have an advantage over athletes of the past because those drugs are more readily available?  My opinion is no...that's the only point I was trying to get across via debate, not argument.

LustyPirateWench

Quote from: maxraven on March 07, 2005, 10:56:38 AM
Perhaps Pogo could issue a special "Original Member" badge that would only be awarded to those who signed up in the first 60 days of Club Pogo? This badge could NOT be won and would be special enough for original members suffering from badge jealousy  ;D

Don't they aready have a badge that depicts the first people on the game? I could have sworn I saw a profile or two with them - the "Charter Member" badge or something to that effect?

princess

I agree Tazzy!  I just laugh to myself when people complain about getting badges and saying ohhhh this one might take me a couple hours to get!  I always tell them, that's why they are called "challenges".  Some people think they have to get them by noon on Wednesday, they do give you a week you know!  It would be nice for them to come out with some actual challenges once in a while! 

homelessdog

I like the idea of providing more special one-time-only badges.  Not just special Holiday badges, but perhaps some very difficult game challenge badges that are offered for one week only in addition to the two regular weekly challenge badges. 

dc2603349

you are trying to create an elitist group...guess you dont believe in a classless society either...

mn_curvydiva

Quote from: princess on March 05, 2005, 09:14:33 PM
This is an email I just sent to Pogo.

"Are there any plans to ever "retire" some of the badges?  I have been a member since day one of Club Pogo and would really like to see some of the older or harder-to-get badges retired so that they aren't available to win anymore.  It would make them almost like collectors items.  Or even better, are there any plans to ever stop the personal challenge option?  Not that I have sour grapes but I think there should be some advantages to being a member of Club Pogo longer than others such as being able to have badges that are not available to be won by newer members."

Do any of you agree with this?  Or am I a minority in this thinking?  Just wondering how everone else feels...

Well if you already sent your "suggestion" to Pogo does it really matter what we all think??
Sounds to me like someone needs to get a lil more fimiliar with the "live and let live" mentality.
I say badges should go to ANYONE who does the corresponding challenge...irregardless of when they joined Club Pogo. O0

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview