This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo Mobile/Cingular/Pogo Beta

Started by *Angel*,

Previous topic - Next topic

*Angel*

I was just on the pogo beta website and just happened to click on "mobile games"...well I seen that it says that it supports Cingular.  Here is the text I copied from the page:

Pogo games for your cell phone, now on Cingular! Play the games you love and earn TOKENS you can deposit into your online account! Club Pogo members can also earn exclusive Pogo Mobile badges! Purchase your favorite game and have it delivered directly to your phone with short codes!
For Poppit!, just text message the word POPPIT to 386.
For Turbo21, text TURBO21 to 386.
For TriPeaks Solitaire, text TRIPEAKS to 386.

Well I did this the other day, and nothing happened.  Has anyone heard anything of it?  Maybe this means it will be happening soon???   :-\

*Angel*

I just went to the Cingular site and POPPIT is available!!!  It is $5.99.  Just thought I would share.   :)

*Angel*

OK.  >:(  So when you try to purchase it online or from your phone it says that the page is not available.  :'(  I got excited too early.  Sorry everyone.

Jewel

Ohhhh, I hope that it is coming soon, I have cingular.  :)

Julie

Well from what you've posted it looks like it is coming and that's a good thing :) it's about time pogo got around to doing deals with other carriers, although it will take a long time for mobile pogo to come out my way  >:( ;D the fact pogo is s-l-o-w-l-y moving onto other carriers should make the people that belong to those carriers happy  O0

*Angel*

I have Cingular too and that is why I was so excited, but then my bubble burst when it wouldn't let me buy it.  :(

AdDn8187

:D  I just checked out the cingular website and it said POPPIT is available for my phone for purchase.  It is listed under puzzles but not under new arrivals, wonder how long its been there... anyway I was wondering when you are actually playing the game on the phone are you connected to online service?? or just the lenght of time for the spin and tokens to be downloaded?? I love the badges but not sure getting this is worth .03 a minute, but the temptation is there and I may have to misplace my phone for a few hours till the temptation subsides to hit that media mall button....

*Angel*

I looked in the media mall the other day and don't remember seeing it so I don't believe it has been there for that long.  However, I did try to buy it, and it doesn't seem to be available as of yet.  So why the heck is it there is my big question.  LOL  ???

Regarding minutes....I spoke with Verizon when I was trying to get my mom to putchase the games for her phone.  They told me that it does go against your minute usage, so the thing to do would be to play during free time. (nights and weekends)  I am not sure if Cingular will run theirs the same, but it is likely.

AdDn8187

I dont have the free nights/weekends thing.. I have the family plan, but since when I use my cell usually its to call another cingular customer I have like 8,000 min. that have been rolled over so thats not a problem... but the minutes dont count towards the online service.  That is a totally different charge, so maybe i'll just give Cingular a call later and find out how that would be done. May be the best thing at this point.  Of course, I could tell hubby for Christmas I want $200.00 worth of credit for my cell phone to get Pogo badges.. hehehehe.. I'm sure he will love that.. but when I remind him that while on trips and especially later this week on the way to the "Parents" house I would be busy playing pogo and not bothering him while driving, Wow, that just might be my ticket to getting all the air time I want LMAO.

ME4SPADES_

you have roll over so do i you should still get free weekend check again on ur cell ok

ME4SPADES_

i didnt see it there like u said maybe soon i to have cingular

Cody

I like the idea to but when I saw they were 6$ a piece kinda got my hopes up cause I dont think ill spend that kinda money on a mobile game that I'll have to renew in 30 or 90 days.

Homer

I don't know how it works on Cingular but on Verizon it's a one time charge of $5.99. I suspect Cingular is probably the same.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

AdDn8187

I doubt you will have to renew the game.  I think its like Homer said a one time fee.  The cost I am asking about are the fees they charge to transfere the tokens to your acct on pogo.  Or if its charged the entire time you are playing.  I called Cingular just a minute ago, after going through option this and option that and having to rehear everything they said in spanish before they moved on (another subject for another site) I got the wonderful fantastic.. "our office is currently closed please try your call again during regular business hours"  guess the questions I wanted answered are not important, apparently they dont know what a "pogo addict" is... LMAO...

Homer

The only time I see my phone connect is when I get a jackpot spin. It looks like the only airtime that is used is when the game connects to pogo's servers. I would say that each time you connect to pogo it is 1 minute of actual airtime. I'll know better when I see my first bill. :P

~TJ~

Thats great i got cingular an have pently of un-used minutes , WEEEEEEEEEEE something to do with them now ,maybe be time to update my phone,,, an have $200.00 in best buy gift cards WEEEEEEEEEEEEE ;D ;D ;D

Lish

this is exciting!  I have cingular but no media pkg.  Maybe I will have to buy a small pkg.

Homer

Quote from: Lish on November 20, 2005, 08:46:30 AM
this is exciting!  I have cingular but no media pkg.  Maybe I will have to buy a small pkg.

The only thing you should need to buy is the program. ;)

Lish

Quote from: Homer on November 20, 2005, 10:07:22 AM
Quote from: Lish on November 20, 2005, 08:46:30 AM

The only thing you should need to buy is the program. ;)

but if it connects to the internet, it charges you $.01 per kb used... so I might be best off buying a pkg.

Homer

I didn't subscribe to internet service and it records my progress just fine.

All I have is basic service. ;)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview