This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Creating Websites,can someone point me?

Started by Bigredno8,

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigredno8

Can anyone help me out with this,I run a website for our local baseball community,all the space I use comes from personal cable internet service,which is limited of course,since its basically free with my account,I already own the domain name,which basically just points it to my account website,what I want to do is look for a webhost?,I want to be able too have a huge website storage,have a secured site,to where we can have parents register their kids online in case they have problems making it registration,cgi-bin compatible,etc.....something reasonably priced,as I can probably get local sponsors on the website to help off set the cost,if someone can point me in the right direction,I would appreciate it

Thanks
Steve

Mayhem

http://www.lunarpages.com/

Basic Hosting Plan

350 GB Storage
3500 GB Bandwidth
Free Domain Name for Life!
$700 CoffeeCup Software FREE
10 Add-On Domains Included

$6.95 per month
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

TmT

Quote from: Mayhem on June 12, 2007, 04:59:43 PM

Basic Hosting Plan

350 GB Storage
3500 GB Bandwidth

$6.95 per month
Good info... oh hell... the bandwidth is excellent... oh heck yeah.... price is great too... dirt cheap for all that storage....

Bigredno8

Thanks for the link,but Im not to familiar with all this yet,what do I need to look for to see if they have secured online payments thru my website

Thanks
Steve

Quote from: Mayhem on June 12, 2007, 04:59:43 PM

Basic Hosting Plan

350 GB Storage
3500 GB Bandwidth

$6.95 per month

ICER

On the Lunarpages.com  home page click on the button (READ MORE) its right next to the sign up button, this tell's you what they give you.
I think what your interested in is the section under E-Commerce Features..going to cost you to use this stuff.

Bigredno8

its only $2 more a month for one with E-Commerce Features,but Im going to push for sponsors to be added to our website to help offset the costs

Thanks
Steve

ICER

You said you wanted a secured web site that will accept payments on your site..I believe it would be more then $2 more a month if you divide all those fee's by 12.

Bigredno8

Now Im really confused,please forgive my ignorance on all this,  :-[  ,I saw basic hosting which was 6.95 a month,then looked at Windows Hosting which is only $8.95 a month and offers e-commerce,what else am I missing to make sure it will be a secure site

Thanks for everyones input

Steve

ICER

Steve...I'm not 100% sure what you want with this future web site.To me it sounds like you want the parents of the baseball community to register their kids on the site and to have enough storage space to handle the recording of everything (names,address,city,teams, payment history,etc.) and be able to collect from parents the baseball sign-up fee's plus have the site secured (calms parents down  lol). I think if you express everything you want to Lunarpages (there is a contact at top of home page) they would tell you what is best for you...they are the pro's , me I'm not 100% sure now.I sell things everyday on the net and I don't even have a web page. I use Paypal..all I need is the buyer's email addy and it automatically sends them a business invoice with the Paypal link so they can pay with either a Paypal account,credit cards, or bank account...this works fine for me..but it's has nothing to do what you want..just saying.Talk to Launarpages best bet...GL to you

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview