This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Tri-Peaks Solitaire HD : Clear 60 peaks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Spooky Slots - General Info & Ranks

Started by luvsglitches,

Previous topic - Next topic

bubbleup

I dont think the stats mention anything about pumpkins collected but who knows..I also enjoyed the chat for once!..took my mind off  pumpkin12.gifthe pumpkin hunting

kim23il

1,000 spins not even rank 2 yet. :.@ Always above or below the line :^

swamp

Quote from: kim23il on October 04, 2007, 12:59:12 PM
it took me 6000 spin to get the badge

gator8_24

Quote from: swampboy on October 04, 2007, 01:38:27 PM
it took me 6000 spin to get the badge

took me 6,950 ! such a dull slots game <>

denadatoday

It really makes me mad when Pogo does that.  That's what beta testing is for.  They should have made it realistic before it was released, or else left it this way!  I know it shouldn't matter, but I hate it when I spend so much time and effort working towards a badge I can be proud of only to have Pogo change it AFTER the fact and make it easier.  It feels like a big honking waste of time.   >>:D

Sort of like that awful Quick Quack badge that was so hard, that was later turned into a personal challenge that's a walk in the park. 

Lish

ugh I know!!!  I have had so many that are above and below.

BadgeBabe

Quote from: denadatoday on October 04, 2007, 04:44:24 PM
It really makes me mad when Pogo does that.  That's what beta testing is for.  They should have made it realistic before it was released, or else left it this way!  I know it shouldn't matter, but I hate it when I spend so much time and effort working towards a badge I can be proud of only to have Pogo change it AFTER the fact and make it easier.  It feels like a big honking waste of time.   >>:D

Sort of like that awful Quick Quack badge that was so hard, that was later turned into a personal challenge that's a walk in the park. 

If it's any consolation to you, MANY of us wrote to the airhead chick in charge of Beta testers and told her that the game would be cursed at in the rooms, the slow gameplay would be totally hated, and that people would be extremely angry when they played as long as we did in Beta just to get through the Storyline.

POGO didn't listen or respond to us at all. The game stayed very slow. I tried  very hard to warn everyone before it was released that this was not the game people were expecting to see and play.
Pogo is responding to the angry players in the game now. I don't know why we weren't afforded some consideration with our observations in Beta, but I know many of us tried very hard.
I even played in a room with the head of Beta testing and said that people were going to be very upset by the extremely long play for low token payouts.
They just didn't care!!!

I'm really sorry. We did try.

Symbion

And I personally found that the token payout was much lower in comparison to the other slot games... so it's not like we benefited from that by taking a day (or 2 for some) to get that badge...

ImJustOneOldFart

hey guys quick question....

I was in a Wonderland memories room a while back after they added the extra ranks to that game. some one in the room said that after they got to rank 25, they kept on playing (crazy i know)..... but they said when the new ranks came out they got up to rank 38 (or somethign like that, im old and forget full)....

so i am wondering: should i keep playing Spooky Slots as much as i can while it is around for this year, to get a head start on next years rank badge?

what do you guys think?

denadatoday

Aww BadgeBabe you have nothing to be sorry about.  It's not your fault!  It's Pogo's fault for not listening to you all.  What is the point of having beta testing if they're not going to listen to the testers and change things accordingly?

It makes me not even want to play the new games or work toward new badges for a few days after they come out to see if Pogo changes things after people complain.  I would have been fine with having it left like it was.  It was hard but in a month's time clearly it was more than do-able.  Not everything has to be a fast 1 hour badge.  But if they were going to change it to make it easier, the time to do it was when you told them (and were SO right!) that people were going to be irate.

I don't get Pogo sometimes.

BadgeBabe

Quote from: ImJustOneOldFart on October 05, 2007, 07:24:05 AM
hey guys quick question....

I was in a Wonderland memories room a while back after they added the extra ranks to that game. some one in the room said that after they got to rank 25, they kept on playing (crazy i know)..... but they said when the new ranks came out they got up to rank 38 (or somethign like that, im old and forget full)....

so i am wondering: should i keep playing Spooky Slots as much as i can while it is around for this year, to get a head start on next years rank badge?

what do you guys think?

I've been wondering the same thing. I have gone back to SS and just now looked closely at my Stats page. It  appears to me that there is NO provision for pumpkins lit past rank 10. The stats are only for games played, games won, games lost, highest score and rank.

Again, another bad move on Pogo's part, IMO. I think it would be futile to continue to play for rank advancement next year unless you plan to play more this year just because you like the game.

BadgeBabe

Quote from: Symbion on October 05, 2007, 06:34:59 AM
And I personally found that the token payout was much lower in comparison to the other slot games... so it's not like we benefited from that by taking a day (or 2 for some) to get that badge...

I totally agree with you and we all put in our letters that the token payout vs. tokens needed to finish the stupid game ( I didn't say stupid) was incredible, especially compared to the former game's Spin to Win feature, the high token payouts in the table, etc.

Again, they did nothing. So, I got my 10 ranks by betting only 1 token. I hope that when the game is " fixed" on Tuesday, that people will not see so much of a token drain.

I think the game is a total mess and is very representative of the caliber of game developers Pogo now employs.

BadgeBabe

Quote from: denadatoday on October 05, 2007, 08:11:36 AM
Aww BadgeBabe you have nothing to be sorry about.  It's not your fault!  It's Pogo's fault for not listening to you all.  What is the point of having beta testing if they're not going to listen to the testers and change things accordingly?

It makes me not even want to play the new games or work toward new badges for a few days after they come out to see if Pogo changes things after people complain.  I would have been fine with having it left like it was.  It was hard but in a month's time clearly it was more than do-able.  Not everything has to be a fast 1 hour badge.  But if they were going to change it to make it easier, the time to do it was when you told them (and were SO right!) that people were going to be irate.

I don't get Pogo sometimes.

Thank you so much for your kind post. :)
I don't understand Pogo's ( and a lot of other people on power trips)  decisions most of the time.
The main thing with Spooky Slots was that players had a 4 year history with the game already and to goof it up as badly as they did was just horrid and thoughtless.
Also, very bad design.

IF people curse in a room because they get upset at the game play, I don't think they should be suspended or thrown off Pogo about it this time. I think it's almost justified. I've been really worried that nice people will get so upset that they let some words fly in the heat of the frustration and will end up losing their accounts.

mr.clean

I'm i don'nt know what the problem with the game is anymore.  I played it last night and it seemed too give me the Pumkins  alot quicker .

why does pogo have too make everything easyer???????   Life is not easy.

BadgeBabe

Quote from: mr.clean on October 05, 2007, 09:36:25 AM
I'm i don'nt know what the problem with the game is anymore.  I played it last night and it seemed too give me the Pumkins  alot quicker .

Well, your last sentence is correct.   :)) Life is damned hard... at least mine is at the moment.
THAT'S why Pogo should be easy, carefree fun.
THAT'S why there is a PC forum and a BH cheat download site. :)

CHEAT ALL THE TIME AND PLAY!!! :^* :^* :^* :^* :^*

Sueette

Quote from: BadgeBabe on October 05, 2007, 10:06:51 PM
Quote from: mr.clean on October 05, 2007, 09:36:25 AM

Well, your last sentence is correct.   :)) Life is damned hard... at least mine is at the moment.
THAT'S why Pogo should be easy, carefree fun.
THAT'S why there is a PC forum and a BH cheat download site. :)

CHEAT ALL THE TIME AND PLAY!!! :^* :^* :^* :^* :^*

Badgebabe,
I agree with you 100 percent. Life is damned hard sometimes.  Yea!! for Pogo making games easy anytime they want to.

halloween23.gif   

Sue   +-+

survivorjeff

does anyone know if pogo has upgraded the frequency on how often these  <O> 's are suppose to come up??  I played for 30 min and only got one  <O>.  but I did get 3 jackpot spins and 4 3X bet bonuses.

bubbleup

I checked it out to see if anythings different...got 2 pumpkins in probably 5 minutes. The game play seems slower than before..I also noticed at the pay table when you get a pumpkin you only get the story not the 1000 tokens (even though the payout says you do which I did'nt)  halloween22.jpg

BadgeBabe

I couldnt tell any difference at all but then I was having to click it myself so I didnt stay long.

Lish

I got 4 pumpkins in 20 min or so, so it seems better to me.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview