This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Creating A New Pogo Account/Username

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

I see people whose Pogo username contains characters like _ (underscore) and --- (dashes) yet when I try to create a name using those characters I'm told they are not allowed.

Does anyone know why it won't let me, or how to actually be able to do it?

crazyeagle

im not sure but i have a _ ( underscore in mine )   BUT i have had it since 2001
so maybe it is something they started after that ....

just my 2 c worth 
sry i cant help more

Stinkerbell

Quote from: crazyeagle on September 12, 2009, 10:06:09 PM
im not sure but i have a _ ( underscore in mine )   BUT i have had it since 2001
so maybe it is something they started after that ....

just my 2 c worth 
sry i cant help more

I wondered if it might be older accounts. I know if you create an account with an AOL email address now it will do the underscore automatically, adding AOL at the end of the username.

Thanks!

shoes

I have an older account and I tried to do a new one for the subway contest and I tried to us the numbers 69 together and it is not allowed!  It was allowed before in one of my older accounts!  LOL

MsMissy

I also have a underscore by my nic, but ive had it since 2000 when i joined. But i dont see too many ppl. with (underscore) now. sorry i cant help you.

gator8_24

I have a friend who has the underscore and was told they used them on older accts. He's been a member since 2000. BTW he hates cheat programs LOL Yes he knows I use them and we're still friends lol

Stinkerbell

Quote from: gator8_24 on September 14, 2009, 09:49:47 AM
I have a friend who has the underscore and was told they used them on older accts. He's been a member since 2000. BTW he hates cheat programs LOL Yes he knows I use them and we're still friends lol

How could anyone not love you?   embrace.gif

cowboy63

Mine ends in a underscore and it is also an older account. My newer ones did not allow it and needed numbers after it.

*Edit by me*
Quote from: shoes on September 13, 2009, 06:01:22 AM
I have an older account and I tried to do a new one for the subway contest and I tried to us the numbers 69 together and it is not allowed!  It was allowed before in one of my older accounts!  LOL
With the newer accounts they make sure it is politically correct (e.g. no sex, race or religious terms or meanings that they can decipher.)

FreecellFanny

My friends and my daughter know I belong to the dark side also.  turkey4.gif

Last night when I was doing the Subway codes hubby walked past and said, "Are you actually playing or are you cheating again?"

He has no faith in me!  6_6.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: FreecellFanny on September 15, 2009, 03:08:19 AM
My friends and my daughter know I belong to the dark side also.  turkey4.gif

Last night when I was doing the Subway codes hubby walked past and said, "Are you actually playing or are you cheating again?"

He has no faith in me!  6_6.gif

The nerve! Doesn't he realize there isn't a cheat for the Subway game? But let me tell you, if there was I would be so alright with that.

FreecellFanny

Stinkerbell

Quote from: FreecellFanny on September 15, 2009, 02:37:23 PM
I was ready to file for divorce I tell you!  swear2.gif

And rightfully so!  Poor Fanny... you're right here where you belong, amongst friends!   embrace.gif

ImJustOneOldFart

Joe C

Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

FacebookCharlie

Quote from: Stinkerbell on September 12, 2009, 09:12:02 PM
I see people whose Pogo username contains characters like _ (underscore) and --- (dashes) yet when I try to create a name using those characters I'm told they are not allowed.

Does anyone know why it won't let me, or how to actually be able to do it?

You know, I was wondering that myself, because I have a "69" at the end of my username and I found that that is NOT allowed anymore either....I think its a conspiracy!!! diablo.gif

Stinkerbell

It's kind of frustrating, but I guess I have far better things to lose sleep over, like hot romance novels.   shy12.gif

FacebookCharlie

Quote from: Stinkerbell on September 18, 2009, 05:44:02 AM
It's kind of frustrating, but I guess I have far better things to lose sleep over, like hot romance novels.   shy12.gif

Oh yeah, by the way, the pic you got there is a real cutie/hottie....is he from one of your romance novels or is he really in your bed?  inlove1.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: FacebookCharlie on September 19, 2009, 01:21:05 PM
Oh yeah, by the way, the pic you got there is a real cutie/hottie....is he from one of your romance novels or is he really in your bed?  inlove1.gif

If I could find a way to get him into my bed, do you really think I'd be on this forum posting?   hysterical.gif hysterical.gif I'm considering a life size poster for the ceiling, though.  blink.gif

He's a model I think... not from the cover of one of my books and it's a good thing cuz I'd never get the book opened up to read it if he were.

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on September 19, 2009, 02:15:12 PM
I'm considering a life size poster for the ceiling, though.  blink.gif

Beware!  Your hubby might place a pic of a supermodel on the headboard!   giggle2.gif giggle2.gif giggle2.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on September 20, 2009, 08:58:18 AM
Beware!  Your hubby might place a pic of a supermodel on the headboard!   giggle2.gif giggle2.gif giggle2.gif

Why would he do that when he already has me?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview